I stay all over tennessee and alabama for my job and i travel with 4 to 8 people in my crew.This. Is the most friendliest and welcoming place ive stayed I have stayed there months at a time.I stay there and drive to bridgeport Al. instead of staying closer because i enjoy it so much.I have seen problems there because i stay so much and ive had problems myself but they all ways got me taken care of as fast as possible and go out of there way.my cable went out in my cabin at night and it was raining and they had maintnance working in rain for 2 hrs until it was fixed.thats just one thing that happened and was taken care of.The rooms to me were clean and nice but the cabins i really enjoy.I leave all my lap top,keys,medication,and i have left money there and nothing has ever been stolen.They have bent over backwords to help me with any problem i have.im glad i didnt see the reviews before i stayed there because i would have missed out on a home away from home.the cabins are very welcoming and cozy.I would bring my family back with me and stay there again and again.i travel year round and stay every where so at least take it from someone who has stayed there for atleast 4 months in 08 and some in 09.I had a chance to meet the owner at the resturaunt and was very friendly and he always ask how my stay was and if there was anything he could do to make my stay better.I dont have any interest or profit to gain for leaving this review but i have nothing bad to say at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than your typical roadside motel, the World Famous Smoke House gives you more for your money. Since 1960 the Oliver family has been serving folks traveling over Monteagle Mountain; located just 300 yards off I-24 at Exit 134, 80 miles SE of Nashville, and 40 miles NW of Chattanooga. Still owned and operated by the Oliver family. Just recently completed a $2,000,000 renovation to all rooms and the property. The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins offers a variety of lodging accommodations for a one night stay as well as vacation getaways, family reunions, and meeting facilities. The Lodge has 80 rooms featuring King and Queen Beds, 21 cabins featuring one bed room cabins, two bed room, and a cabin with 6 king and queen beds, plus fold out couches. Most cabins have full kitchen facilities, Jacuzzi Tubs, Fireplaces, porches, leather sofas, all linens and kitchen cookware are provided by the Smoke House. Meeting facilities include conference facility up to 250 seats, outdoor covered shed seating 150, the Log Cabin Chapel seating 70, the Big Family Cabin seating 50, and over 20 acres of campus for a variety of outdoor activities. The Restaurant features its world famous Smoked Meats such as Pork Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork Shoulder, Country Ham, Honey Baked Ham, and the largest selection of BBQ Sauces, Hot Sauces, Vinegars, Jams, Pickles, and Toppings you'll find anywhere. Full Menu from $2 to $18, large Buffet with hot vegetables, casseroles, and choice of meats, large fresh salad bar, homemade vegetable-beef stew, skillet cornbread and skillet bread pudding. Featuring fresh produce from local farmers in all the menu items and salad bar. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Open Everyday 6:30AM - 9:00PM, till 10:00PM Friday and Saturday. Live Singer/Songwriter Music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 7PM to 10PM, featuring a main act first, and a Songwriter Round of playing for the second act. Music features Blues, Country, Pop, Jazz, Bluegrass, and soft rock; solo, duos, and groups. The Trading Post Old General Store is a place you could spend the whole day looking around. Homemade candy, fried pies, Fudge, Ice Cream, Smoke House BBQ Sauces, Rubs, Hot sauces, Jams, Honey, Pickles, Antiques, 40 flavors of Glass Bottled Soft Drinks, Local Crafts, Old Country Store Merchantile Artifacts, Moonshine Still Exhibit area, and the Louvin Brothers Country Music Museum. A convenient place to stay for many area festivals and attractions. Bonnaroo Music Festival, River Bend Music Festival, Corn Bread Festival, Monteagle Arts & Crafts Festival, Beersheba Arts and Crafts Festival, South Cumberland State Park, Russel Cave National Monument, Sewanee Summer Music Festival, All Saints Festival of Lessons and Carrols, Tims Ford Lake, Nickajack Lake, Tennessee River, Tennessee Aquarium, The Discovery Museum, Chattanooga, Lookout Mountain, Country Music Association Fan Fair Nashville, Thunder on the Rock, the Collins River, the Elk River, University of the South Sewanee, Saint Andrews - Sewanee School. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle