Don't let the beautiful surroundings or inflated room prices fool you. If you stay here, then you're apt to have a really bad experience, we did for sure. The room looked really nice with its hardwood floors. That should have been an omen to us, because the upstairs has hardwood floors too. Igor above us must have worn spiked shoes as he traversed his room every 90 seconds until about 2:00 AM the first night. The air conditioning made huge noises every time it turned on or off. It also spewed huge amounts of moisture into the room, leaving a musky smell in the room. Lysol spray couldn't overcome the smell. The wet air ended up giving me a cold, and I'm ill even as I write this review. The Smokehouse Restaurant's signature food wasn't very good. I got pulled pork, and it looked like it had been put into a blender and chewed up. It had almost no smoked flavor. I suspect the blender might have contributed to that. I sent it back, regretfully because I enjoy pulled pork that's properly cooked over wood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than your typical roadside motel, the World Famous Smoke House gives you more for your money. Since 1960 the Oliver family has been serving folks traveling over Monteagle Mountain; located just 300 yards off I-24 at Exit 134, 80 miles SE of Nashville, and 40 miles NW of Chattanooga. Still owned and operated by the Oliver family. Just recently completed a $2,000,000 renovation to all rooms and the property. The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins offers a variety of lodging accommodations for a one night stay as well as vacation getaways, family reunions, and meeting facilities. The Lodge has 80 rooms featuring King and Queen Beds, 21 cabins featuring one bed room cabins, two bed room, and a cabin with 6 king and queen beds, plus fold out couches. Most cabins have full kitchen facilities, Jacuzzi Tubs, Fireplaces, porches, leather sofas, all linens and kitchen cookware are provided by the Smoke House. Meeting facilities include conference facility up to 250 seats, outdoor covered shed seating 150, the Log Cabin Chapel seating 70, the Big Family Cabin seating 50, and over 20 acres of campus for a variety of outdoor activities. The Restaurant features its world famous Smoked Meats such as Pork Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork Shoulder, Country Ham, Honey Baked Ham, and the largest selection of BBQ Sauces, Hot Sauces, Vinegars, Jams, Pickles, and Toppings you'll find anywhere. Full Menu from $2 to $18, large Buffet with hot vegetables, casseroles, and choice of meats, large fresh salad bar, homemade vegetable-beef stew, skillet cornbread and skillet bread pudding. Featuring fresh produce from local farmers in all the menu items and salad bar. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Open Everyday 6:30AM - 9:00PM, till 10:00PM Friday and Saturday. Live Singer/Songwriter Music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 7PM to 10PM, featuring a main act first, and a Songwriter Round of playing for the second act. Music features Blues, Country, Pop, Jazz, Bluegrass, and soft rock; solo, duos, and groups. The Trading Post Old General Store is a place you could spend the whole day looking around. Homemade candy, fried pies, Fudge, Ice Cream, Smoke House BBQ Sauces, Rubs, Hot sauces, Jams, Honey, Pickles, Antiques, 40 flavors of Glass Bottled Soft Drinks, Local Crafts, Old Country Store Merchantile Artifacts, Moonshine Still Exhibit area, and the Louvin Brothers Country Music Museum. A convenient place to stay for many area festivals and attractions. Bonnaroo Music Festival, River Bend Music Festival, Corn Bread Festival, Monteagle Arts & Crafts Festival, Beersheba Arts and Crafts Festival, South Cumberland State Park, Russel Cave National Monument, Sewanee Summer Music Festival, All Saints Festival of Lessons and Carrols, Tims Ford Lake, Nickajack Lake, Tennessee River, Tennessee Aquarium, The Discovery Museum, Chattanooga, Lookout Mountain, Country Music Association Fan Fair Nashville, Thunder on the Rock, the Collins River, the Elk River, University of the South Sewanee, Saint Andrews - Sewanee School. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle