My fiance and I were pleased to find such a cute little property. (Not to mention very pleased to see it was owned and run by a local family. BIG plus!) After working 56 hour weeks for almost a month, we were in need of a short vacation to just relax, and the Smokehouse Lodge did just that for us when we got one of their cozy cabins for two days.
We were there to visit Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga, so the hotel was kind of a drive out (about 45 miles), but you just can't beat the view while driving the hills and mountains of Tennessee. The hotel is right off the exit on I-24, so you can get back on the road very quickly.
The cabins may look small from the outside, but be rest assured that the open floor plan really makes the lodge quite comfortable. I was surprised in how quiet the cabin was (I barely heard a large storm that hit the area our first night there). The internet was kind of spotty with strength, but we kind of expected that being out in the cabin area. Besides, we were there to relax & get away from all that kind of stuff. Though we didn't engage much with the staff, what times we did spend in the main hotel were pleasant and inviting.
The facade of main hotel may not look "modern", but the room did not lack in amenities: flat screen TV, nice little kitchen, well working A/C heater wall unit, furniture in good shape, clean linens, etc. Not to mention, the look kept up with the fact that it is a small cozy hotel up in the mountains. I wouldn't hope for any different.
The hotel also has a cute mom & pop version of Cracker Barrel right next door if you want some tasty country cooking during your stay. There is a cute little winery right across the street that is open to visitors. Also, it is also conveniently located next to a grocery and Fred's stores if you are in need of anything you might have forgotten at home or suddenly need.
If you're looking for couples or family getaway in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area, I strongly suggest this property and even emphasize to pay the extra money and get the cabin. You won't regret it! We are already making plans to come back ourselves in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than your typical roadside motel, the World Famous Smoke House gives you more for your money. Since 1960 the Oliver family has been serving folks traveling over Monteagle Mountain; located just 300 yards off I-24 at Exit 134, 80 miles SE of Nashville, and 40 miles NW of Chattanooga. Still owned and operated by the Oliver family. Just recently completed a $2,000,000 renovation to all rooms and the property. The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins offers a variety of lodging accommodations for a one night stay as well as vacation getaways, family reunions, and meeting facilities. The Lodge has 80 rooms featuring King and Queen Beds, 21 cabins featuring one bed room cabins, two bed room, and a cabin with 6 king and queen beds, plus fold out couches. Most cabins have full kitchen facilities, Jacuzzi Tubs, Fireplaces, porches, leather sofas, all linens and kitchen cookware are provided by the Smoke House. Meeting facilities include conference facility up to 250 seats, outdoor covered shed seating 150, the Log Cabin Chapel seating 70, the Big Family Cabin seating 50, and over 20 acres of campus for a variety of outdoor activities. The Restaurant features its world famous Smoked Meats such as Pork Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork Shoulder, Country Ham, Honey Baked Ham, and the largest selection of BBQ Sauces, Hot Sauces, Vinegars, Jams, Pickles, and Toppings you'll find anywhere. Full Menu from $2 to $18, large Buffet with hot vegetables, casseroles, and choice of meats, large fresh salad bar, homemade vegetable-beef stew, skillet cornbread and skillet bread pudding. Featuring fresh produce from local farmers in all the menu items and salad bar. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Open Everyday 6:30AM - 9:00PM, till 10:00PM Friday and Saturday. Live Singer/Songwriter Music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 7PM to 10PM, featuring a main act first, and a Songwriter Round of playing for the second act. Music features Blues, Country, Pop, Jazz, Bluegrass, and soft rock; solo, duos, and groups. The Trading Post Old General Store is a place you could spend the whole day looking around. Homemade candy, fried pies, Fudge, Ice Cream, Smoke House BBQ Sauces, Rubs, Hot sauces, Jams, Honey, Pickles, Antiques, 40 flavors of Glass Bottled Soft Drinks, Local Crafts, Old Country Store Merchantile Artifacts, Moonshine Still Exhibit area, and the Louvin Brothers Country Music Museum. A convenient place to stay for many area festivals and attractions. Bonnaroo Music Festival, River Bend Music Festival, Corn Bread Festival, Monteagle Arts & Crafts Festival, Beersheba Arts and Crafts Festival, South Cumberland State Park, Russel Cave National Monument, Sewanee Summer Music Festival, All Saints Festival of Lessons and Carrols, Tims Ford Lake, Nickajack Lake, Tennessee River, Tennessee Aquarium, The Discovery Museum, Chattanooga, Lookout Mountain, Country Music Association Fan Fair Nashville, Thunder on the Rock, the Collins River, the Elk River, University of the South Sewanee, Saint Andrews - Sewanee School. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle