This location is just off the interstate, easy to get to but also very quiet. There is a big green space and cabins behind the main building. The front desk staff was wonderful and the room was clean and comfortable. We stayed several nights when the hotel was completely full but still it was very quiet. The exterior is somewhat run down but not unsafe. There are nice deck chairs on the back porch for sitting if you want to enjoy the view. The SmokeHouse is going for a "rustic" look but in some places the look was more "worn out" than "down home log cabin." We loved the sterile TV remote but the internet service was spotty. Another drawback was a shortage of electric outlets, especially around the nightstand. There weren't enough places for the two of us to recharge our devices without unplugging the alarm clock or a lamp. The cabin locations extend a long way past the main building and is pretty to walk around. If you are interested in a cabin they have kitchens and hot tubs in most of them and one is very large to sleep a lot of people. The main buildings are two story with exterior corridors. Summary - the staff is great but the hotel is starting to show its age. I do recommend it for a stay in the area or overnight but can't give them a 100% satisfied because of the cosmetic wear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Vintage Nostalgic Authentic Since 1960, 80 miles SE of Nashville - 40 miles NW of Chattanooga Interstate 24 Exit 134. Recent renovation to all rooms and the property. The Lodge has 80 rooms, 21 cabins featuring 1,2, 3 BR cabins; full kitchens Jacuzzi Tubs Fireplaces. Indoor meeting facilities up to 160, outdoor pavilion seating 150, 20 acres of outdoor activities. Restaurant features authentic Smoked Meats Ribs Brisket Chicken Full Menu from $2 to $18, sandwiches sides dinners & large Buffet, fresh salad bar, homemade stew, skillet cornbread and bread pudding; locally grown foods. Breakfast Lunch Dinner Open Everyday 6:30AM - 9:00PM, till 10:00PM Fri & Sat. Live Singer/Songwriter Music Friday and Saturday nights. Huge Old General Store Gift shop. Bonnaroo River Bend Chattanooga Manchester South Pittsburg Monteagle Arts & Crafts Festival, Beersheba Crafts Festival, South Cumberland State Park, Fall Creek Falls, Bluegrass Underground, Sewanee, Tim's Ford, Nickajack, The Caverns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle