I was working in Monteagle TN. There ar not a lot of places to stay in the small town. A co worker suggested this place. So I tried them. It is a most wonderful place. They have the regular hotel with rooms, and out back of the hotel they have 1 and 2 room cabins. Very quaint. I was pleasntly suprised and shocked at how nice it was. I stayed in a cabin, it was one room, they all have a kitchenette with a stove refrigerator, microwave,and a dining table, also a whirlpool tub in each cabin( I didn't use mine though). The place was really clean, the bed slept good you can sit on the screened in porch and watch the sunset, it was really nice. I don't smoke, all the cabins are smoking I was concerned about that. The clerk told me it was because of the firepalces in them. She said if it is to much she would move me. It wasn't bad, couldn't smell the stale cigarette smell it was a fireplace smell. Reminded me of my childhood. Not a lot of places to eat there, but the Smokehouse restaurant was pretty good.
I called my wife and told her i was in my little cabin in the woods. She was jealous. I am going back with her soon. There is so much to say about this place,I recomend you go and check it out,you'll love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Vintage Nostalgic Authentic Since 1960, 80 miles SE of Nashville - 40 miles NW of Chattanooga Interstate 24 Exit 134. Still owned and operated by the Oliver family. Recent renovation to all rooms and the property. The Lodge has 80 rooms, 21 cabins featuring 1,2, 3 BR cabins; full kitchens Jacuzzis Fireplaces. Indoor meeting facilities up to 160, outdoor pavilion seating 150, 20 acres of outdoor activities. Restaurant features authentic Smoked Meats Ribs Brisket Chicken Full Menu from $2 to $18, sandwiches sides dinners & large Buffet, fresh salad bar, homemade stew, skillet cornbread and bread pudding; locally grown foods. Breakfast Lunch Dinner Open Everyday 6:30AM - 9:00PM, till 10:00PM Fri & Sat. Live Singer/Songwriter Music Friday and Saturday nights. Huge Old Trading Post General Store Gift shop. Area festivals and attractions Bonnaroo Festival River Bend Chattanooga Corn Bread Festival Monteagle Arts & Crafts Festival Beersheba Crafts Festival, South Cumberland State Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle