“Expensive but not over priced”

High Point Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Monteagle
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Built inside a 1929 mansion that presumably once was financed by Al Capone, the restaurant serves a menu of traditional gourmet dishes including Brie en Croute, Blackened Salmon Oscar and Black Thai Duck. The mansion that houses the restaurant was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997 and still features the original escape hatches and underground tunnels that were used by Capone to transfer liquor during the Prohibition Era. In 2001, High Point received the "Best Gourmet Meal in Tennessee" award from "Tennessee" magazine.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hands down, this restaurant is one of my all time favorites. The menu is different, and the steaks are certainly the best I have eaten, and that includes Ruth's Chris. Located in an old mansion, with gangster flavor from the 20's, it's an easy and scenic drive from Chattanooga. I will go again and again.

There are newer reviews for High Point Restaurant

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place has eluded me for years. I have lived within 30 miles of it my entire life and never stopped in. Shame on me! This place has a very cool history, being once owned by Al Capone and his fella running all throughout the house and tunnels underneath was pretty cool to think about. The building itself is just that, an old house. Nothing fancy at all, I think that is why it is so neat, is that it is simple. It is a higher end restaurant so the price is a little higher so don't post negative comments about it if you failed to do your homework first. We got Blackberry Duck and Queens New York Strip and wow, cooked to perfection! The salads, BLT Bibb, were heaven on a plate. Great wine selection and food selection as well. Everything was timed about perfect, giving plenty of time to eat without rush, talk without hurry, and eat at a nice pace. We loved it. The parking is a bit of an issue but hey I had to dig to find a flaw.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent service. Warm appealing atmosphere. Food VERY GOOD. We started with the Winter Blackberry Salad (fancy mixed greens, blackberries, blue cheese and walnuts), Ribeye with baked potatoes and ended the meal sharing the most AMAZING grilled pound cake. The grilled pound cake alone is worth the visit! We will make a point to stop in next time we are in the area.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

One of the few places in a 60 mile radius that offers quality fine dining. Convenient to I-24. If you are traveling between Nashville and Chattanooga or have moved near Monteagle, it's definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

In a home Al Capone built for his mistress is this wonderful restaurant just off the interstate in Monteagle, TN. Capone used it as a 'stopover' when traveling from Chicago to Florida. The restaurant is true fine dining with fantastic food and some of the best muscles I have ever eaten believe it or not. WOW.

Been to High Point Restaurant? Share your experiences!