“Excellent Value, always VERY Clean”
Review of Mountain Inn

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Monteagle
Pocahontas Illinois
“Excellent Value, always VERY Clean”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I drive a lot between St. Louis and Atlanta and the Mountain Inn has become my favorite value motel along I-24. The rooms are simple, comfortable, and most important ALWAYS clean.

A nice plus . . the manager always has the AC turned on so when you walk into the room on a hot summer night you don't have to wait two hours 'til the room is comfortable!

Also . . the famous Jim Oliver's Smoke House restaurant is just a block walk away, so you can burn up maybe 20 calories walking by across the street :-)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank davekogden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stopped here on our long road trip, arriving at 2am. I called to tell the hotel that we were going to be arriving later than planned, and the clerk waited up for us, which was very nice of him. The room was fine - clean and comfortable although a little outdated, and there was a decent sized chair that my youngest child was able to sleep in. The coffeemaker in the room didn't work, which was a bummer but not a deal breaker. We were on the ground floor and had no noise issues. A/C in the room worked fine, and we took advantate of the room-darkening shades. We'd stay here again - probably next year as we make this trip annually!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We arrived late after a long drive from Florida, so primarily we were looking for a good nights sleep at a value. Staff was very nice. Our room was very comfortable though it had sort of a '70s feel (which I sort of like as it reminds me of being a kid). No problems with cleanliness, and we never heard a peep from other guests or any hint of traffic noise. The bed was very comfortable and we slept great. A very slight negative, the coffee downstairs in the AM was cold (and I don't mean sort of warm). There weren't any other guests at the time and we really didn't consider this an issue since we had a nice coffee maker back in our room. For the price, we would have no qualms about staying at Mountain Inn in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for a 1 or 2 night stay. Our stay was pleasantly quiet despite being next to the Interstate. The owner was very friendly & polite. The rooms were what we expected. Overall, our stay was a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank spazekadet .
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and pleasant owner. Saw $34.95 billboard. But being Saturday and a busy weekend rate was $54.95. Which was reasonable and cheaper than any other hotel we checked. Rooms were VERY clean and spotless. First room I looked at had very minor smoke smell so owner happily let us try another Room which was better. I'm SUPER sensitive to smoke so mt have just been me. Would recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great. We had 4 rooms and the staff was extremely helpful from the time I made the reservations to check in. A few of the crew members did complain about their room having a slight smell. One did state there was carpet fresh on the floor that had not been vacuumed up. Distance to food establishments was out of the way. Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed March 2014
Upu715, Manager at Mountain Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

upu
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed in this nice hotel on 4/05/14.The room rate was reasonable and this place is Pet friendly with a $10 pet fee.. The room was clean with a comfortable bed. I was amazed at how quiet it was as I didn't hear other guests arriving in the parking lot or noises through the walls like in other hotels I have stayed at. Restaurants within walking distance. I plan to stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends. Located behind Super 8 motel. Use drive between Super 8 and Waffle House Continue straight until past Super 8, slight left and then turn right, you have arrived!

Room Tip: There are a few rooms that allow smoking while the other rooms are nonsmoking. State your preference...