“Decent highway stop for the price”
Review of Mountain Inn

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Monteagle
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stopped here on our long road trip, arriving at 2am. I called to tell the hotel that we were going to be arriving later than planned, and the clerk waited up for us, which was very nice of him. The room was fine - clean and comfortable although a little outdated, and there was a decent sized chair that my youngest child was able to sleep in. The coffeemaker in the room didn't work, which was a bummer but not a deal breaker. We were on the ground floor and had no noise issues. A/C in the room worked fine, and we took advantate of the room-darkening shades. We'd stay here again - probably next year as we make this trip annually!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We arrived late after a long drive from Florida, so primarily we were looking for a good nights sleep at a value. Staff was very nice. Our room was very comfortable though it had sort of a '70s feel (which I sort of like as it reminds me of being a kid). No problems with cleanliness, and we never heard a peep from other guests or any hint of traffic noise. The bed was very comfortable and we slept great. A very slight negative, the coffee downstairs in the AM was cold (and I don't mean sort of warm). There weren't any other guests at the time and we really didn't consider this an issue since we had a nice coffee maker back in our room. For the price, we would have no qualms about staying at Mountain Inn in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for a 1 or 2 night stay. Our stay was pleasantly quiet despite being next to the Interstate. The owner was very friendly & polite. The rooms were what we expected. Overall, our stay was a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed: May 2014
Thank spazekadet .
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and pleasant owner. Saw $34.95 billboard. But being Saturday and a busy weekend rate was $54.95. Which was reasonable and cheaper than any other hotel we checked. Rooms were VERY clean and spotless. First room I looked at had very minor smoke smell so owner happily let us try another Room which was better. I'm SUPER sensitive to smoke so mt have just been me. Would recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great. We had 4 rooms and the staff was extremely helpful from the time I made the reservations to check in. A few of the crew members did complain about their room having a slight smell. One did state there was carpet fresh on the floor that had not been vacuumed up. Distance to food establishments was out of the way. Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed: March 2014
Upu715, Manager at Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed in this nice hotel on 4/05/14.The room rate was reasonable and this place is Pet friendly with a $10 pet fee.. The room was clean with a comfortable bed. I was amazed at how quiet it was as I didn't hear other guests arriving in the parking lot or noises through the walls like in other hotels I have stayed at. Restaurants within walking distance. I plan to stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends. Located behind Super 8 motel. Use drive between Super 8 and Waffle House Continue straight until past Super 8, slight left and then turn right, you have arrived!

Room Tip: There are a few rooms that allow smoking while the other rooms are nonsmoking. State your preference...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Juile,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me .

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I'm a truck driver. Price is critical along with WIFI and fax capability. Spent 2 consecutive nights at the Mountain Inn. Room was very clean, smelled good and was actually "no smoke smell in a non-smoking room". The manager was very pleasant and customer service focused. There are places to eat within easy walking distance. I was a "happy camper" and will stay at the Mountain Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear George,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Mountain Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteagle
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Decherd
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#1 of 1 in Winchester

Been to Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!