Super 8 - Monteagle TN
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$49
$50
Mountain Inn(Monteagle)
$60
$199
Travelocity
$80
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Inn(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$76
$77
HIExpress.com
$71
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffle housebiscuits and gravywafflesfridge and microwavewould stay againgreat roomlate at nightnon smoking roomflat screenfree breakfaststaff was very friendlyoff the highwayfirst floornice stayeasy accessnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed here in November 2011 and was impressed with the room for the price - very modern looking, nice new mattresses, etc.

I stayed again this weekend and while the room appeared nice and clean, I woke up covered in bug bites. I didn't see any source for them, but I'm assuming bed bugs. I reported the bites to the front desk, and was given a discount, but I have no idea if they will address the issue prior to other guests. Room 110 on the courtyard. If not for the bites, I'd give the place an excellent review, but with the bites, no way.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Ravi G, General Manager at Super 8 - Monteagle TN, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We agree with you 100% when you say that you did not see any source. We have all new beds. The Hotel Opened just 9 months ago, We have a contract with the local Pest Control company. They do the routine inspection and spray regularly. After your report, we called them again and they checked every room and did not find evidence of any bugs at all. Respectfully, Your assumption in incorrect and can cause us big problems by you misinforming other guests.
We can only conclude based on our investigation that your problem could have been allergic reaction to some food or such other things.
We appreciate your positive comments and invite you to come and stay with us again. Thanks you.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here on the way home from Florida. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. The bathroom could have been cleaner, but I have pretty high standards. All in all, it was a great place to sleep. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Ravi G, General Manager at Super 8 - Monteagle TN, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We certainly appreciate your business. Our Guest comments are used to train our staff.
So, we thank you for that. We have not had any complaints about the bathrooms since your stay a year ago. And our breakfast has been much improved with Waffles and Yogurt etc. Our guests are raving about it.
We invite you to come and stay with us again on your next trip.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

So in at the end of summer 2011 I decided that my Big Road Trip of the year would be a big ol loop in The South, from Memphis down the Great River Road to New Orleans and then meandering through Florida and the like. On the last leg of my trip before hitting Memphis again, I wanted to tour the Jack Danals Whiskey distillery (totally worth it, by the way - but that's another review for another day). Since I wanted to get an early start of it, I wanted a motel reasonably close to Lynchburg - I found myself running out of daylight and stopping at the Super 8 in Monteagle Tennessee

For starters, the rooms are cheap - although if you see the "Rooms next exit! Only $40" and think to yourself "Sounds like a great deal!", you'll have to actually specifficly ask for it. Otherwise the rooms are slightly north of fifty bucks.

As for the room, I was plesently surprised. The room was on the slightly largish side and very clean. They even had this nice looking slip cover thing on the bed - a very nice touch. The internet was also rock solid and pleasantly fast. Judging by what came up on my connectivity monitor, it looks like they had a couple of routers throughout the building. Also, despite being fairly close to the highway there was no traffic noise that I could tell. No trucks, no idiots with boom-boxes. Just a doofus who had his car alarm go off in the middle of the night, but that's not the Motel's fault. Oh and the front desk calls you after you've settled to make sure everything is okay with the room (that was weird but kind of cool).

Also, while Monteagle isn’t exactly a hub of industry and commerace, there are several restaurants within walking distance (and a couple even deliver to the motel). The Monteagle Diner directly across the street was a good choice - but that's another review for another day. Oh and here was a surprise, the Contentantal Breakfast actually had warm componants to it. In addition to the usual wide range of muffins and two types of ceriual on top of some fruits and stuff, they also served up some hot food - biscuts and gravy. While I opted for the cerial, it wasn’t a bad spread for cheap motel continental breakfasts.

On the down side, there's no pool (at least that I saw), but since I wasn’t in the mood for a swim, I wont hold it against them. More that I'm mentioning it for others. No, what comes down to what could be a deal breaker is the bathroom fan. While there's no traffic noise outside, there's also no way to turn off the bathroom fan - meaning that you get a constant droning all night long. But at least it was a constant, steady pitch - so you can eventually tune it out. And when I mentioned it the next morning to the front desk, they said they would look into it and make sure something wasn’t wrong. Since I don’t know what their baseline sounds like, I cant say that the fan was broken (and loud) or just loud all the time.

I was able to turn it out eventually, but someone else might have problems sleeping through it. And frankly, that sounds like a really weird design flaw. Are off switches that expensive? But that one problem aside, I was totally happy with the accommodations.

Room Tip: If you want the cheap rooms, be sure to -specifically- ask for the Highway Billboard rate.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Tardis-Geek
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Our family stopped here on the way to Florida.The motel is located in quiet area where you can easily oversleep your stay. Rooms have been remodeled and have many new items. Morning breakfast consists of large variety of food.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tomasz2011

We are glad you enjoyed your stay last time. Thank you for comments.

We would like to invite you to come stay with us again.