“Where the locals go.”

Cuisines: American
Nashville, Tennessee
“Where the locals go.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Excellent breakfast! Absolutely the best western omelet I've ever had. Home fries were great as was the country ham. Very filling, good value.

Accidentally stumbled upon this place while traveling down I 24. So glad we tried it.

Atmosphere was just basic, biscuits were not as good as they could have been

“If you are hungry and your car broke down, go here.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Typical, breakfast/lunch gig, not that fancy, glad they stopped smoking in this place, it used to be constant. Food dumped out of cans and bags into fryers and steam tables, not the best, not the worst. Hamburgers are possibly the better deal. Not sure...

• Visited October 2012
“Real Mashed Potatoes!!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Monteagle Diner reopened on September 11, 2012 we have good food and great service. Also we have had real.mashed potatoes since we reopened , hand patted burgers, fresh cut steaks, a daily buffet, a friday night seafood buffet , and a saturday and sunday breakfast bar. Also a full menu if u dont want to eat a buffet all at a reasonable price. Thanks and come again

Winchester, Tennessee
“Will not return”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wife had a burger, not bad, but the fries were cold and about two spoon fulls of slaw in a small plastic cup. I got the buffet, should have got a burger also. Baked chicken, not too bad, but the vegetables were canned and the mashed potatoes were instant, and the cornbread hard as a rock. Very dissapointed with the buffet. Wife had the lemon cream pie and it was not good. I told the waitress and the lady at check out the pie was not good and she agreed but did not offer to take it off the check. After we left my wife who is reluctant to say anything said she should have sent it back after the first bite. And to top it off the manager or owner decided to have a staff meeting in the dining room where we were sitting only a couple of tables away. Could hear the good, bad, and the ugly about the staff and the restaurant. I had to get up and interupt our waitress to order the pie. Wife said the ladies room was dirty. I will not return!

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta
“Instant Mashed Potatoes”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stopped here on our way home because we'd heard the food was fresh. I was psyched to see mashed taters on the buffet, only to get back to my seat, take a big bite and discover ... INSTANT. What?? Come on Tennessee, this is the south!! We can do mashed potatoes with blindfolds on.

S said the fried chicken was pretty good. He went back for seconds, but I can't overlook the fake taters. You can do better, Monteagle Diner.

• Visited September 2012