“Went in for a quick dinner, was quickly disappointed”
Review of Gilroys Hotel

Gilroys Hotel
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in St Leonards
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Cost around $50 for a dinner (stuff not from their daily $10/$15 specials).. Went in on a Monday night around 8.15PM and the place was rather quiet. First choice on the menus was trying their pizzas.. But there was it not on the menu.. Did see some being delivered out to a table but never the less.

Ordered our food and drinks.. Chicken Parma and a Rouban Sandwich.

10 minutes later 2 other couples ordered food. (house specials - steak) and their food was promptly delivered within 10 minutes.. We continued to wait, 30 minutes total wait my girlfriends food arrived (a sandwich), 10 minutes later my food arrived (a chicken parma). Now these aren't complex meals. The cheese was barely melted on my parma but the "shaved" ham was from the deli counter at Coles. My chips were cold (I guess from waiting for 10 minutes). Sandwich was impressive though.

Final nail in the coffin, while I was still eating away my food they were extremely keen on removing my girlfriends plate.. As soon as I finished my drink the glass was promptly removed from the table... Could they really not wait until the whole table was finished. Really disappointed..? FYI. Traminer is a type of wine you sell in the bottom right of the fridge... Its not a brand of wine..

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had dinner here , was disappointed considering the outside of the pub looked great. Being from the bush was a bit taken back with the small choice of ales available. Meal was average. also noted that along with a lot of other places they are not disabled friendly. I would have to say that I would go down the road to Crows Nest, sorry.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Three of us lunched today. Lovely ambiance. Main meal small and served slightly cool. Fish and chips over battered and small serve, Prawn and prosciutto incredibly tiny ( 6 prawns ) almost no salad. Burgher small .Staff were good. Value for money poor. This pub used to have top quality food not so today. For a drink it's hard to beat but avoid if you are hungry. Such a shame !

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Party of 4 woman had dinner and drinks here at 5.30 -6pm on Wednesday (after work). Average service, fresh food, reasonable prices. On week days from 5.30 pm onwards there are $12 meals with drink purchase, you get a steak with chips and salad. Good sized portions. Steaks cooked to your liking, 1 out of 4 of us got her steak over cooked, after a little hesitation and trying to convince her that it was medium-rare, the staff did make her a fresh steak which was fine. The wait was not long even when it got busy. Pleasant atmosphere of a traditional pub with a nice little verandah.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed! Went there based on their good TA rating. Not a place that I will return or recommend to any of my friends. Unprofessional staff and service!

1  Thank Chapel_Cat