All reviews pacific highway train station road noise lane cove room service the ground floor great coffee comfy bed crows nest free wifi overnight stay secure parking terrace room business trip standard room definitely stay here again north sydney
Reviewed January 10, 2011

This place was fantastic! Close to the Royal North Shore Private Hospital. The room price was reasonable. The staff were lovely. The little touches such as the lavender outside the doors, fresh flowers in the lobby and the big jug of water at reception was lovely. It was great to see a gym there. The bathroom was beautiful. They had a huge undercover parking facility. Elevators were great for taking bags up and down to the car. I would strongly recommend this place to my family and friends. I will be coming back to stay at this place later on in the year.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KaylaAvery
sasrowlands, Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear Kayla,

Amanda, the General Manager at our property In St Leonards, is wonderful at creating ambience and will be overjoyed to hear that the details that she and her team have worked so hard at getting right have come to fruition and have touched our guests.

Sometimes it's those little things that make all the difference to your stay and I'm so happy that you enjoyed it.

Thankyou very much for recommending us and we look forward to taking care of you later in the year.

Warm regards,

Sas Rowlands
Manager - Marketing and Brand
Urban Hotel Group

Reviewed January 8, 2011

I would stay here again if on company business but not if paying myself, it's not value for money and I don' t like being treated like I'm a bother when I arrive to check in.
The downside: Check in person was dismissive and downright unwelcoming with a couldn't-care-less manner. We were charged $30 extra per night to move from one side of the hotel floor to the other as we wanted a quiet room however the couldn't-care-less attitude extended to a sense of humour as she placed us right next to the lifts and gym. So much for a quiet room at extra cost. There was bottle of partly consumed water ($6) in our room which we asked to be replaced but it wasn't. No dvd rental and internet cost was excessive at $25. Breakfast not included in room price of $165 per night.
The upside: free parking. Comfortable beds. Small but well planned bathroom. Excellent breakfast (extra charge).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the hotel, which was arranged by my fiance's boss, as we travelled a considerable distance to attend a Christmas function nearby. Despite the person who booked (my fiance's boss) already providing the appropriate credit card details, we were again asked to provide our credit card details. We attempted to explain, but were told our credit card must be provided if we were to stay. So our (debit) credit card details were provided, but we advised that we would seek to have this corrected. The hotel rang my fiances boss and it was arranged that after the function, my fiance's boss would come to the hotel to provide his credit card and arrange for full payment. This was done and we assumed that was that.
The following day, after returning home, we went to the shops and attempted to use our (debit) credit card to make a purchase, and the transaction was denied. Embarrassed, we came home and checked our bank account, only to find a $269 debit on the (debit) credit card. When we rang the motel to rectify this, we were told that $169 was for the room, and $100 was for incidentals. We rang the hotel and despite explaining the situation, we now have to wait a number of days to have this matter rectified. This is not good enough, the week before Christmas and we are now $269 out of pocket for an unspecified period of time.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The hotel is terrific. The rooms are modern and well kept. The food downstairs is good (but 7 dollars for 2 pieces of toast?) and Richie the manager was extremely helpful as was the entire staff! They have a very nice gym (spelled Jim) and I enjoyed my stay except for one MAJOR flaw.

27.50 per day for internet use? Are you kidding? I stayed 7 days and that added an extra 200 bucks. The ONLY reason I wouldn't book there again.

There's also nothing around the hotel. 7-11 is almost a mile away if you need anything (as is the nearest subway station), and they didn't have a business center (I needed several documents printed. They could do it via UBS key, but material was sensitive so I had to find an alternative)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank matthew b
UrbanAnswer, Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Dear Dancing_Boy,

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review our property. I am really delighted that despite the additional internet charge you found the property to be a great find.

Internet connectivity and public access to this is evolving at a rapid rate and while we and and fellow hoteliers in North Sydney all charge for internet access, I can happily say that Urban is working towards a new solution for our guests. This is not a short term solution, and will take lot of time and resource to be implemented so we are hoping to be there some time in 2011.

As mentioned. I am delighted that you enjoyed the staff, the hotel amenities and fitout and all in all had a wonderful stay. It was wonderful taking care of you.

Sas

Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stayed here before riding in the Spring Cycle bike ride, staff let us leave our car in the secure parking until we returned the next day after the ride - very much appreciated! Well located near North Sydney, a short bike ride to start of Spring Cycle and easy access to cafes, restaurants, train station. Nice room, spacious and very good value for Sydney. Great bed! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
sasrowlands, Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Dear emdeme,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Thanks so much for choosing us and we hope that next time you are in town you stay with us again.

Urban proudly supports Australias active community across many sports and groups and it's wonderful to hear when we have guys like you in house.

Thanks again.