All reviewspacific highwaytrain stationroad noiselane coveroom servicethe ground floorgreat coffeecomfy bedcrows nestfree wifisecure parkingovernight stayterrace roombusiness tripstandard roomdefinitely stay here againnorth sydney
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights whilst wife had operation at RNS Hospital. Had a standard King room on the 4th floor over looking the main road. No problem with any traffic noise. Room facilities are great. Bathroom a little small, but OK for one person to use at a time. The tariff is on the high side, but you are close to the hospital.

Looked as though the room had been refurbished quite recently.

Found an old style hotel approx. 10 minutes walk near the St Leonards Railway Stn. Very good & cheap meals and great atmosphere.

Meals at the café SURE are good and very convenient.
Staff are very friendly and thorough. Congratulations

We are moteliers ourselves and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel..

Would stay again when next visiting the hospital

Room Tip: Great location for attending Royal North Shore Hospital
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thanks for your review Bruce W,

We are really pleased to hear that you found our Hotel Urban a comfortable base to use while your wife was in RNS Hospital.

We are certainly very flattered to know that your fabulous feedback comes from someone so familiar with the hotel business.

We would love to welcome you back again next time you are in the area and we hope your wife is recovering well from her operation.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Have stayed here several times for business - staff are always friendly and helpful. Very clean and comfortable with excellent facilities. Location is quiet - not close to Sydney CBD, but great for my work.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Hi Dirranbandi,

Thanks so much for your review and for choosing to stay with us when you're travelling for business. We really do try to provide a warm and welcoming hotel that is just like a home away from home, so it's great to hear that you enjoy staying with us when you're 'on the road'.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Sydney.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy staying at the Urban. Staff are friendly, the rooms are good, and the room facilities are good. It is a little expensive, but that is Sydney!!! The food in the Cafe is great and reasonably priced. It is a very good location if you don't need to be in the city or North Sydney. It is a 5 minute walk from St Leonard's station so good if you don't want to catch taxis everywhere. There are plenty of places to eat nearby that are reasonably well priced (plenty of take away just back in the main St Leonards shops - about a 10 minute walk).

• Stayed: April 2013
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thanks for your review DarrenMilne,

It sounds like your stay really ticked all the right boxes for you – just what we like to hear! Sure Café is a real favourite amongst locals and our guests alike, we regularly update our menu to keep it fresh and interesting (while keeping a few regular favourites too).

We hope to see you next time you're in Sydney DarrenMilne.

Amanda Cottome,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks on a business trip. Well the staff is friendly etc etc and maybe my idea of hospitality did not match the hotel management's but here is the deal:
Pros -
1. Really fast check in and check out
2. Efficient laundry
3. Really really comfy bed
Cons -
1. Rather expensive internet - and you can connect only one device at one time (so cant connect laptop/ipad/phone simultaneously. Also, when you try to log off from one device to connect the other - it often doesnt work
2. Room Service - Well maybe I expected a five star service or something, but the room service will only clean the shower area and make your bed, they do not dust the table etc (even when there was salt split all over it, they do not pick up your stuff and considering my stuff would be exactly where I used to leave it on the floor, I am pretty sure they do not vacuum daily, I even requested for it - they refused
3. Minimal service - The restaurant menu is minimal, even the drinking water is paid, bathroom only has a soap bar, shampoo and conditioner. I am a business traveler and like to travel light. But had to buy my own tooth brush, paste, moisturizer etc etc
4. High level of street noise - maybe it was just my room
5. Thread bare slippers and bathrobe
6. Tiniest shower area ever - I am 5 feet tall and kept bumping
7. Room Service (again!) - more than once I woke up on weekends with the service lady in my room checking my minibar usage!!! I was sleeping!!! Each time she simply apologized and walked out! Yes it was pretty creepy.

So all in all, if you have a quick overnight stay its ok, but it would suck for a longer stay. and yes, its a long walk from St Leonards Station and the hotel shuttle service is rather limited.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Hi Shikha0908,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us for two weeks – we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our famously comfy Urban Snorer bed – just what you need for a good night's sleep when you are away from home for an extended period.

We're very disappointed to hear that you didn't find our Tie Me Up Tightly robe and Slow Down Slippers to be up to scratch – we are very careful to check that all of our linen, towels and gowns are of the highest standard, and all guests should receive brand new slippers.

It's a shame that this wasn't bought to the attention of one of our friendly staff so that they could provide you with a fresh set of slippers and robe. We are also very sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with room service, our staff are trained to use upmost discretion and respect our guests privacy by knocking before entering a room (and never to enter if the 'do not disturb' sign is displayed).

If you would like to email us at stay@hotelurban.com.au and let us know what name and date you booked under we will investigate this further.
Thanks again for your feedback

Kind regards

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stay at this hotel about 20 nights a year due to being close to work and I have only had a few bad experiences such as clearly hearing traffic noise in my room whilst trying to sleep, one side of the hotel faces a very busy road. The hotel has a Gym and most rooms are quiet and the size of the rooms is acceptable (they are not spacious), the bathrooms are a slightly small but ok and the king size beds are very comfortable. The staff are always happy to help and friendly, this one of a few hotels that I stay in where I have never had a bad experience with the service from staff. The café serves a basic breakfast menu but its quality food and it’s fresh. I like the positive attitude of all the staff including reservations at the Urban. The one thing that I dislike about this hotel is the small size of the TV’s in the room. It’s a Special Place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel U, Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thanks for your review SCTC,

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us on such a regular basis. It sounds like our friendly and helpful staff really make you feel at home too, which I imagine is just what you need when you are travelling for work so frequently. Thanks for the feedback about the TVs too, we will certainly consider this when we next upgrade our in-room electronics.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon SCTC and hope that you continue to enjoy staying with us. Just let us know if there's anything we can do to make your stay even more pleasant.

Amanda Cottome,