All reviews pacific highway train station road noise lane cove room service the ground floor great coffee comfy bed crows nest free wifi overnight stay secure parking terrace room business trip standard room definitely stay here again north sydney
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spent few night there on a tourist trip to Sydney. We chose this hotel due to the good reviews read here on TA.

The hotel staff was very courteous and welcoming, the hotel lobby has its charm, and the rooms are sized properly and are clean.

Also to note is the cafe situated at the lobby level. It is very well reasonably priced and is actually good. I tend to avoid hotel restaurant/cafes but this one is a must try.

Big up for the well-priced AUD20/night self-parking. Really convenient!

There are few drawbacks though:
- The walls are really thin. We could hear plumbing noises in the morning/evening as others guests showered/used the bathroom to a higher level than usual (I stay 60+ nights a year in hotels).
- No free internet. I tend to stay at hotels with free internet only but I had to make a concession on this one.
- Stained towels and bed sheets. While mistakes can happen, having stained towels/bed sheets can be tolerated for one night, but not two in a row. That's the main problem I had with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guiw
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hi gulw,

Thanks so much for your feedback it's always nice to hear that the warm service of our staff has not gone unnoticed. It sounds like you really enjoyed dining at Sure Café we really take pride in serving delicious, fresh food that delights the taste-buds of our guests and regular local customers.

We're so sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with your sheets and towels. This is the first time that we have received negative comment in relation to the cleanliness of our linen.
We purchase our own linen as opposed to hiring it to ensure that we maintain a high standard. Our linen is inspected at the laundry and again supervised prior to being placed on your bed or hung on a towel rack. I’d be grateful if you could kindly contact us on stay@hotelurban.com.au and let us know what name you booked under so that we can investigate this issue.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back in the future

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed one night for a business trip nearby. The hotel is located very conveniently to the Hospital precinct (Royal North Shore) and is ideal if attending meeting there.

The room was well maintained and the bathroom, whilst a little on the tiny side of things, was quite nicely refurbished.

I was facing the Pacific Highway, but noise was not a problem.

The attached Cafe serves quite satisfactory breakfasts, and dinner was enjoyable also, with enthusiastic and attentive restaurant staff providing good service.

Overall, a functional, safe and clean place to stay for quick trips.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hi hcorn,

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay whilst on business – we really do aim to make our hotel feel like a home away from home.

Our fresh and delicious food and coffee at Sure café often receives many compliments, as do our staff – it sounds like it hit the spot with you too.

We hope to see you again on your next business (or pleasure) trip to Sydney.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

All OK on my overnight stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and my room was comfortable and had everything I needed. Based on other reviews I was a bit concerned that my room on the Pacific Highway would be noisy but it was on the third floor and I hardly heard the traffic.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Tas_traveller_26

Hi Tas_traveller_26,

Thanks for your review, we're glad to hear that you had a comfortable and peaceful stay.

Our friendly staff hope to see again some time soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here recently while partner on course at RNSH. We usually stay at a 5star in town and as this is less than half the price I wasn't expecting much but was so pleasantly surprised. We arrived late at night after long flight delays and It was lovely to walk in to a friendly greeting and a quick check in. Our bedroom was clean, quiet although not huge it was all we needed. The air con quickly cooled a hot room, it had great toiletries and the bed was divine. The bus stop is almost outside the hotel for a 10 minute trip to Chatswood for a productive shopping day. Less than 10 minutes walk to the train to go into the city for the nightlife. All the staff we met were very relaxed and helpful. I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Hi Liciloo55,

Thanks so much for your kind words, we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of Sydney's great shopping too.

Our super comfy Urban Snorer beds with triple sheeting and micro-fibre underlay are the perfect way to rest after shopping up a storm. We also get loads of great feedback about our delicious smelling Evo haircare products – we really do try and think of the little extras to make your stay more than your usual hotel experience.

Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Amanda Cottome,

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights, based on TA's reviews. I had a 2 1/2 day course at RNSH starting at 8am, hence the need for a conveniently located hotel.
The good:
friendly staff, excellent breakfast (poached eggs, bircher museli, good coffee), spaciously configured room, comfy beds with wool underlay, duvets, AC in room which is remote controlled.
The bad:
no free wifi, usually a must for me. You can hear every car pass by on Pacific Hwy, I had a room overlooking Bellevue St, but still could hear it. Blind in bathroom does not come to the sill, which would be an issue on a lower floor, in terms of privacy, dodgy tap (hard to close).
I didn't sleep all that well the first few nights, probably not due to the above issues however.
Staff seemed genuinely interested in their guests, saw them greeting repeat customers warmly and the breaky and dinner was tasty, good service.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are larger and probably quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hi sewexciting,
Thanks so much for your review – we always love to hear from our guests. We're so glad to hear that our warm and helpful staff contributed to a mostly positive stay and that you enjoyed our uber comfy Urban Snorer bed with triple sheeting and microfibre underlay.

It certainly sounds like you enjoyed a taste of our delicious Sure Café menu too! We're so sorry to hear that you didn't find your room to be super quiet. If you would like to contact us at stay@hotelurban.com.au and let us know what name you booked under, our maintenance team will check the blind and tap are up to our high standards.

Thanks again sewexciting for posting your feedback.