Hotel Urban St Leonards
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$102
$87
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel St Leonards(St Leonards)
$128
$112
$68
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$100
$94
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Rydges North Sydney(North Sydney)
$95
  • Restaurant
$82
Hotels.com
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewspacific highwaytrain stationlane coveroad noisethe ground floorroom servicecomfy bedcrows nestsecure parkingfree wifiovernight stayterrace roombusiness tripstandard roomnorth sydneydefinitely stay here againmini bar
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed here a couple of times. I went there the second time to make sure that my positive impression of the first stay was not an aberration of judgement. I am happy that I don't have to go back to confirm my impressions. This hotel is superb in every respect, from the check in staff to the restaurant wait staff. It may not have the plushness of the high end hotels but it certainly makes up in the way guests are treated. The rooms are sufficiently spacious and the facilities ore than adequate for a business or holiday stay. The restaurant is very good and the staff, most obliging. Nothing seems too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: Although a number of rooms face Pacific Highway, the traffic noise does not bother you inside the room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
sasrowlands, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Hi Psych17,

Thank you for leaving such a fabulous review! At Urban, the team love what they do which impacts on our service - we like to think of this place as our home away from home.

We hope to see you back at Hotel Urban St Leonards soon.

Amanda Cottome

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I have stayed here many times & will continue to as it is a clean , comfortable hotel within very close proximity to my work , so when i do real late finishes & early starts this place is the cleanest better quality in the area unless you go down the hill into North Sydney.
Apart from being close to my work , its not really close to anything else, so if you are looking for a few local amenities then North Sydney Vibe would be a comparable better option.
So why not great sleeps ? well I have read reviews saying the rooms on the Pacific Highway side are noisy with traffic but i have not been bothered by this as i havent really heard traffic noise. Its the Curtains ! , I have stayed in about 6 different rooms here & each time the curtains will not stay closed together , so I am awoken by the sun each day , often i only stay here to sleep after a 3am finish so a 6am awakening of bright sunlight is not great. Also i have been disturbed on several occasions at the rear of the hotel by garbage truck noise from pick up & emptying bins , so i would actually favour the pacific highway side. It can get a bit pricey too for the location , their deal prices are OK but sometimes their rates do not reflect the hotel.
Several occasion's when i have stayed consecutive days my room was not serviced , when i asked at reception they said as a late check in (after12) the room was not logged as occupied for next day servicing, On visits after this I have specifically requested a note to service room (towels change etc) but still no joy , again apology , & after hours check in to blame.
It is good that they have an in house cafe which does offer good food & coffee at reasonable rates , as little else is close by.
Overall a decent hotel , which i will stay in again but more through best choice in an insular area which is convenient only to me , too far really for public transport customers or tourists , stay in Vibe North Sydney , much better situated for a similar hotel.

Room Tip: Pacific highway traffic or gamble on Garbage day ! Balcony rooms not worth extra unless you smoke
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
sasrowlands, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

Hi Fatherdownunder,

Thanks for taking to the time to complete a Trip advisor comment - we love feedback as it helps us to identify issues that require resolve.

We’ll take a look at our curtains today and hopefully it will simply be that they haven’t been re-hung correctly after a routine clean.

Checking in after-hours certainly shouldn’t impact upon your room being serviced and. I am sorry that this hasn’t been resolved since first reporting it. It’s a simple thing for us to fix and we’ll make sure to get it right next time.

We are a step ahead on our garbage collection and have arranged for collection to happen later in the morning, although this may not benefit you if you are sleeping during the day –sorry.

Thanks again Fatherdownunder, shoot me an email when you are next in town as I would love to say thank you face- to-face – amandac@hotelurbanstleonards.com.au.

Amanda Cottome

PS. If you are after a quick and convenient way to get into the city, there is bus stop out the front of the Hotel that drops you straight into the heart of the city (Wynyard). It’s really easy, and as always someone from our front desk will be more than willing to help/give directions if asked.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights. I must say what impressed me the most was the front desk service. Very friendly and helpful people. Also loved the Sure cafe at the hotel lobby...food was delicious!

Room is nice and clean with contemporary decor which looked great. I'd been in 2 other hotels in Sydney prior and the urban tops it in entertainment. They have the best selection of movies running daily.

Within walking distance to st. Leonard train station so the fact that the hotel is not located in a more bustling area did not matter at all. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank iyazmin
UrbanAnswer, Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2011

Dear Iyazmin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. We are seeing some wonderful remarks about the front desk staff at this property and are really proud of them. As I'm sure you're aware the front desk service can make or break a guest experience and this hotel really seems to be getting it right!

We would love to see you back at the hotel.

Warm regards,

Sas Rowlands

Reviewed March 29, 2011

My friend and I booked this hotel because we had a wedding at Lane Cove. We paid $169 for accommodation and parking. The hotel from the Pacific Highway looks bland. But when you enter via Bellevue Avenue, it looks modern and nice.

Check in was very efficient. The staff were polite and informative. We were given a room on the 2nd floor. The rooms were very nice and modern. The only flaw was the air conditioning unit was next to one of the beds. The bathrooms were very modern, wood floors and clean! I loved the fact that the hotel provide proper toiletries. The hotel provided a variety of Evo branded products: shower gel, soap, shampoo and conditioner which were great products! They provided large bath sheets, robes and slippers!

The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds that I have ever slept on! The pillows were also very soft!

The hotel has a cafe which we ate breakfast at. The food was nice and not too expensive.

The hotel is located approximately 10 minutes walk from the train station.

Overall I was quite impressed with this hotel. It was even better than most CBD hotels!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Advocate_of_truth,

Seeing that you have written 42 reviews, and then reading your review of our property is a great moment in the life of a Hotelier. It's always nice to get a great review, but I've had a look through your reviews and you really tell it like you see it. I'm so happy that we lived up to our brand promise and have provided a superior experience for a discerning guest.

I will pass on your recommendation regarding our staff members. They are a wonderful bunch at this property and really work hard to make sure that every guest has a great stay.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write to us and we would love to have you back at the property.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2011

After 10 minutes in my room, I came to the conclusion that obviously someone who stayed at the W Hotel in San Francisco said "why i could do this cheaper in St Leonards." Lets buy a hotel built in the 80's and funk it up - throw in an interesting mix of decor and some catch phrases and lounge music in reception. Staff were great, Resteraunt Good, Food was OK, but for the price - hey - what do you expect ? At a little over 200 per night in Sydney - I think value for money is fantastic and i would definately stay here again for business this side of the city.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
sasrowlands, Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Hi troic,

Wonderful to hear from you. You had a great guess at the story behind Urban, so I thought I would let you in on the real background of the group.

The actual story behind the group begins with a trip to China with the view of starting an amenities line by our Group General Manager Ricky Jeffs. The line was going to be called 'Urban London'.

When Ricky came back to Australia, and met with Les Erdi (owner of Erdigroup Hotels and master of the Urban universe), they decided that it was a bigger concept that a cool amenity line and began to work on the concept of Urban Hotels. Starting with Urban St Leonards, then on to Urban Brisbane, then Urban St Kilda.

The cheeky nature of the group is very much from Ricky, who has a keen sense of humour, and the building, well, that's just a good piece of real estate investment.

We've not stayed at the W in San Fran (however I was there in Dec 2010 and love that place), and lean more towards properties like The Hudson in New York and dining and bar options like Abby Food and Bar in Hollywood. W's are a fantastic chain though so it's great to think that you have likened our mood and aesthetic to theirs.

Lovely to hear from you and we would love to take care of you again,

Sas Rowlands