“Has always been a "little gem" located in an area not renowned for good restaurants”
Review of Il Vicolo - CLOSED

Il Vicolo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place has been around for years, over 40, to my knowledge. Haven't been here for years, so an opportunity to "shout" a birthday lunch for a friend, seemed a good excuse to return, especially as the weather was foul! There are no windows to the outside, so expect to enclosed by walls... that is the only negatitive I can say about the locale. The decore has not changed... I noticed that! Staff very attentive, explained specials... we opted for the special of Zucchini Flowers as our entree.. with Tasmania salmon.. was nice, but I don't think you need the salmon. For mains, we both had Scaloppine Pararotti... with a lovely cream based sauce. My only mistake was not ordering a green vegetable! I will admit I hate the way Australian restaurants now charge for these... a horrible habit from Europe.
To finish off, we had an afagato... with frangelico.. a lovely way to finish a very nice meal.

• Visited June 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Average all round...”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nothing to remember...except for the bruschetta which was made with cold tomatoes, and was virtually tasteless...hardly any basil or flavouring whatsoever.

Visited December 2012
“Absolutely loved everything!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was searching for a restaurant near Ryde area
for Friday dinner and
I read a couple of good reviews for this place online so I gave it a shot!

the atmosphere was friendly and food was absolutely amazing!!
price is very reasonable, staff members were so lovely
this is my new favorite restaurant and I'm willing to make a trip all the way to Ryde from
Surry Hills once in a while ; )

• Visited December 2012
Sydney
“A family favourite - always a lovely meal”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We always hold our family functions here - attentive service, wonderful meals - a hidden gem in Ryde! highly recommended

Visited May 2012
Australia
“Some things don't change... thank god”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Been hanging out here for the past 20 odd years and every time I go it's a real treat... huge portions for the men and the service is great... family atmosphere without overdoing it!