“easy access to Homebush a plus for price, for families”

Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
“easy access to Homebush a plus for price, for families”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After reading some negative ratings we were pleasantly relieved with this hotel in terms of service, convenience to Syd Olympic Park & cleanlinessl. Re tight parking, we have medium 4WD & had no trouble parking ($10 daily fee). We stayed 2 nights in 1 Bed apartment (2 adults 2 kids) & the apartment was spacious, clean, the sofa bed freshly made, albeit sagged in the middle & not very comfortable for an adult. The kitchen was unusable - no bench space or food storage, had to boil jug in bathroom. Re noise from busy road, it was more noticeable early morning, but not too bad overall. Having booked for 4 in the room, we only had 3 towels & these were also to be used for the pool. The pool was nice but the spa was broken. There was a wool lies & fast food outlets, including a pizza/pasta restaurant 5 mins easy walk, but nothing much else. For the price we paid for the convenience of being close to the Syd Aquatic Centre for a 2 day school swimming carnival, we were happy with this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank snap0204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in January 2013. Booked a 1 bedroom apartment as there were 2 adults and 1 child.
As we were driving down from Bathurst we called on the way thinking we would be late and were assured that we would have no trouble checking in. We arrived with plenty of time to spare and were greeted by very pleasant and helpful staff. We were gobsmacked - a 1 bedroom apartment looked as if it was brand new condition .We had also enclosed balcony that lead off the main living area. Massive main bed, nice bathrooms and a separate laundry and storage spaces. The living area and kitchen were small but well designed modern and very well equipped and furnished. The apartment was even 'serviced' every second day.
We used the car quite a lot during our time there and did enjoyed the free security car parking arrangement..
We travel east every 8 months or so to visit our family in Parramatta and whenever/wherever I go I will check out the Waldorf accommodation in Rosehill if this one is anything to go by.
And did I mention the staff were really efficient, helpful and friendly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank salid6767
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at this place for a previous company 3 or so years ago and told them that I didn't want to stay there again. I started with a new company who wasn't aware of my preference not to stay at this hotel again.

It was exactly as I remembered but in some ways worse. below is a list of problems I have with this place.

1. The aircon in the bedroom did not work, I don't mean not cool enough, I mean doesn't work at all, I am an engineer and had my equip with me and measured the air temp on and off the evaporator and the temp was identical even though the thermostat was set to it's lowest setpoint of 18. I complained to reception on the first night of a 4 night stay but nothing was done.

2. The carpark is pathetic, you pay $10 for it and it is almost impossible to get all but the smallest car below the ramp from B1 to B2 and approx 80 to 90% of the parking spots are marked private.

3. The hallways smell of stale smoke and if you open a window or balcony door smoke wafts in.

4. The road noise is unrelenting and very loud.

5. The room lighting is very poor, in the lounge area there is a downlight over the entrance door and a desk lamp and a floor standing lamp and that is it, with everything on it is still very dark and impossible to do paperwork at night.
The bedroom is worse.

6. The staff's care factor seems very low. not up to the usual I would expect of a hotel with this type of price point.

7. The fridge has nothing in it. not even glasses or a jug for cold water.

8. The washer dryer doesn't dry, I was left with a load of wet clothes to pack. i tried draping them over the curtain rail over the bath and got rust marks from the rust on the curtain rail

9. The shower, on the morning of day 2 the shower was cold.

10. The advertise having Foxtel but all of the most basic channels are not available.

11. They don't service the rooms, no fresh towels no emptying of the rubbish bin.

The good points of this stay are below.

1. The TV's are very large and of good quality.

2. The room size is bigger than most.

I will be advising my new company first thing in the morning that I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing James Ruse drive as it has 6 lanes of constant noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael L
australia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have stayed here two or three times a year ever since this hotel was built. We always stayed here as it's an easy walk to the racecourse. The two attractions of this place were the inclusive continental breakfast and the secure parking. Management cut out the inclusive breakfast about a year ago, but we weren't too concerned as we knew this at the time of booking and the breakfast was always fairly ordinary anyway, so last year we started driving in to Parramatta CBD for our breakfast. When we went to check out last week, we were slugged an extra $10 per night for parking. When I objected to this, I was told that this charge had been in place for over a year. This was a lie.....we were not hit with this charge when we stayed there in October 2012. I don't mind paying for parking, but I do object to being hit with an extra I was never advised about when checking in, nor was there any mention of it on our booking sheet.

I emailed Waldorf management about this the following day, but as you'd expect, they never bothered to reply.

I'll be staying at Rosehill next on the nights of 16th to 18th September. If the manager is reading this he'll remember me well. I'm the tall guy with the silver E320 Mercedes. Look out for me wont you.......I'll wave to you from the Rydges Hotel across the road.

Room Tip: Stay on the Parramatta side; the Rosehill side fronts a six lane road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AustraliaWanderers
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband & I & two girls thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay in a2 brm hotel apartment in Waldorf Rosehill. Our apartment was excellent. The views was great. We overlooked the Rosehill Gardens across the road. The views to the city were distant , On a clear day, you could see the entire city skyline perfectly, . At night, it was just like an "opened jewel box of rare stones and diamonds" that shone brilliantly. I Could have stayed out on the balcony all night, watching the world go by.... The unit itself was very spacious & tastefully decorated. Not an very clean!!!. So comfortable, we could live there quite easily and would love to!
We could not believe the commitment from each & every staff member we came across. Everyone seemed to love their role within the establishment. Very rare. good level of customer service provided . We had one small hiccup during our stay and that was dealt with & rectified immediately. Unbelievable.
Having the pool, spa & gym located onsitenwas also great. The girls utilized the pool and it was kept exceptionally clean at all times.
The location of the apartments was fantastic. I can highly recommend. Very relaxing & lots to see. Everything else was at your fingertips. We walked everywhere. The main street was only a couple of blocks away, with a huge variety of shops and an amazing choice of restaurants in the area and in Parramata that offered alfresco dining. Overall, very satisfactory family stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank baloud_13
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Reception greeted us with warmth ensuring we got the room we wanted. The room had a nice view over racecourse. A couple of chairs on the balcony would have been nice but I'm guessing they were removed due to the weather. The room was well set up & impressive how a mini kitchen is fit into a cupboard. U could easily stay here for more than 1 night. Friendly staff, hospitabable service, definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank jl_skp
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The WaldorfParramatta is located in Parramatta, just 25 minute from the city centre of Sydney driving. Parking was easy and free.Another option but longer is the ferry, that in 40 minute takes you to Darling Harbour with a fantastic entering into the city by the bay.
The apartment are spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are also a small open swimming pool, a small gym, well equipped, but enough for a few days.very good value for money in an apartment that provide both kitchen,laundry & spacious area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank dogatt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Rydges Parramatta
Mercure Sydney Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
#5 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!