“very satisfactory stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Paris, France
“very satisfactory stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was a very good property to stay at. I have stayed at most of the Parramatta hotel locations previous to my visit to Waldorf so I had an expectation of what things would be like- this was completely exceeded. The 1 bedroom suite I was given was fantastic. It has kitchen and lounge area .. It has dishwasher, oven, cooktop, a good size fridge and there was a full laundry facilities. I did not use these because I was only there for 3 night, but the ammenities provided are great. The bathroom had a lots of clean towels.

The female staff I spoke to in the elevator and hallway were absolutely lovely. Front desk staff were good and got the job done, but nothing over the top.
Parramatta wasn't the most exciting area, but if you have a need to be in there, this is a great property to choose. We enjoy the free security car parking as well as the breakfast which was very nice.Good choice in the Parramatta area

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sabine8888_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orange australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were very happy with our room and the facilities. Only criticism would be the shower over the bath really don't like this . Even though it is on a very busy road it was quiet enough. Great location close to Olympic park. I will certainly be going back to Waldorf again. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shazzav60
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just got back from a visit to Sydney This was my second stay at Parramatta waldorf hotel this year and I love it. The large studio hotel apartment was nicely refurbished sometime and they are still beautiful.
We had a queen bed apartment with a sofa bed at the end of the corridor and it was very quiet. In fact, so quiet I thought there were no other guests!
The bed is quite firm (which I like) but comfortable and there is a nice easy chair to relax in as well. The TV is a brand new LCD model with a flat screen & foxtel. There is lots of room on the desk for the business person and also lots of power points at desk level. Hotels never seem to get that bit right but this one has. The bathroom was beautifully clean with a full sized bath with shower and laundry. It was also easy to access the shower as the bath appears quite low so older guests would not have a problem in that regard. There is also a handle to help out - nothing worse than attempting to traverse a bath with no support! . Another plus in my opinion is the tea-making area. Another power point in easy reach for the kettle (how many times have you had to plug in the kettle in the bathroom??) with good coffee/tea supplies and even artificial sweetener which i use. Breakfast is buffet-style and very affordable. $12 for adults. But the best part was my
daughter breakfast was free.
I can thoroughly recommend the Waldorf apartment hotel at Parramatta. Free parking, close to Rosehill Racecourse, nice pool , great value in a very spacious apartment

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for five nights in January 2013.
There was no one at reception when we arrived, and when he did serve us he tried to tell us our room didn't include breakfast despite my friend having the email confirmation to say it did.
The restaurant was closed for dinner for the duration of our stay, and the breakfast was average at best, with staff who instead of keeping the tables clear, and the buffet stocked up, preferred to make themselves a coffee and have a chat.
On the first night, the air conditioning stopped working, it was fixed the next day but there was no apology for this very uncomfortable inconvenience.
The hotel policy is to only clean the room once a week and a charge is applied for additional cleaning requests!
As other reviewers have mentioned, despite being close to a station, there are very few trains on the line. This means a bus, walk or taxi to get to parramatta station.
To be honest, this place is best avoided.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gemgemg1
Parramatta_WALDORF, Manager at Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear gemgemg1

Thank you for taking the time to review the Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel.

We will be reviewing your feedback in regards to your check-in experience and will be discussing that directly with the Reservations Manager on how that has occurred. We do have limited staff on duty at certain times of the day, but are committed to providing the highest service possible.

As you mention with another reviewer, I am not able to provide you a solution for the difficulties you experienced with Rosehill as a location, however have made changes to our breakfast experience in food quality and service.

We have also recently made improvements to our air-conditioning from guest comments as we always take their feedback on board.

In regards to room servicing, our staff members and e-mail confirmations always state that rooms are serviced weekly, but are happy to provide any additional amenities you require.

I hope that you will give us the chance to provide a better stay experience in the future.

Assistant General Manager
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at New Years time with my parents. Thought it would be easy to go around from the hotel because there is a Rosehill railwaystation otherside of the street. Well, there is, but there is no railway traffic than only occasionally? So, you need to walk about 1,7 km to the Parramatta station if you want to go somewhere around. Luckily there is interesting places to see at Parramatta too. Around the hotel, there is nothing, the hole area is really run-down and untidy. Hotel itself is highly overpriced and -ranked. Room was anyway quite ok, spacious and had all necessary facilities. Except the sofabed where I slept, there was a huge hollow(?) at the mattress, luckily I don`t have problems with my back, otherwise sleeping would have been impossible. Customer service was also very poor, not helpful at all, always got the feeling that I was just disturbing them? One of them was actually rude to my parents. They only gave us one hotel-keycard? Last day we left it to the hotel reception, since we went different places. When my parents came back, before me, the receptionist couldn`t find the keycard and just kept telling that there`s no any key for you. My parents had to go up to the roomdoor check if I had already came, and then back downstairs ask the key again. Then the receptionist found the keycard and just throw it to my parents - unbelievable! Staff also don`t order you a taxi, because there are taxis otherside of the street in front of the other hotel. Kind of reasonable, except those taxis don`t accept you as a customer if you only want to go somewhere near (like Parramatta station)? At least, one of those drivers ordered us another taxi. Only helpful and friendly member of the staff we met in the morning we left, that guy even ordered us a taxi! After all, really unpleasant stay. I have travelled a lot and have been/seen all kind of accommodations, but this was definitely the biggest disappointment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TammA-69
Thank you for taking the time to review the Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel.

I will be reviewing your feedback in regards to your sofa bed with our Housekeeping Manager, but am pleased to inform you that we have upgraded our electronic key system so that would not occur if you were able to stay at the hotel again.

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you a solution for the difficulties you experienced with Rosehill as a location, but hope that you will give us the chance to provide you a better stay experience in the future.

Assistant General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here in a studio apartment over Christmas 2012. Not the most modern accommodation, Lack of lighting. No exhaust fan in bathroom, everything got soaked. Drapes over glass doors wouldn't fully shut allowing direct morning sun to wake you at 6am. It also seems many of the rooms are privately owned, the people next to us must have been chain smokers and the smell of cigarettes was constant within our room. The air-con was noisy and barely adequate. The restaurant didn't open a single night we were there (4 night stay) Overall not good value for money, not unpleasant but wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: Stay at Rydges across the road.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tommmy666
Dear Tommmy666

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel.

Although all apartments are non-smoking, and as with most apartment hotels, we are challenged by our guests use of our balconies. However, we endeavour to maintain our apartments to the highest standard possible.

Our restaurant opens every day for Breakfast and each evening for Dinner with the exception of Sundays and Public Holidays.

We have received similar feedback in regards to air conditioning which now has been improved, as we are always keen to take action on the feedback of our guests.

Please accept my apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations and invite you contact me directly if you would like to try us again.

Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Waldorf Parramatta hotel. I booked through wotif.com and got a great deal at the hotel It included a studio apartment with a large King size bed, breakfast for two, free .
Check in was very efficent and friendly,
Hotel lobby and is modern and in good condition with 24 hours security
The room was a very good size for two adults. Furniture was well spaced,good kitchen @ laundry. Flat screen TV with few Foxtel channels. The bed was very comfrtable .Bathroom was modern and clean. It had perfect lighting for applying makeup.
The parking lot was secure and free of charge and we felt safe to be there late at night.
our breakfast was of good quality
.\overall good quality and value

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Rydges Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
#5 of 11 in Parramatta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,126 reviews

Been to Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!