“Disappointing cleanliness”

APX Apartments Parramatta
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
“Disappointing cleanliness”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The apartment was not cleaned from previous tenants stay, there was leftover foods in the refrigerator, cereal boxes on the kitchen bench, and empty bottles on the floor. It did not look like it was vacuumed properly and top bed sheet in main bedroom had dirt marks on it. As it was a last minute booking for an international visitor I would hesitate to think of using this place again if that is the standard rooms are left in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AndrewSkal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed overnight due to business in the area.

Booking - booked directly on Quest site with no problems (Quest always delivers in this respect and in my experience).

Check in - Fairly seemless, although my 'welcome pack' had me in a different room to that which I had been allocated (but no problem).

Parking - Paid $10 to park on site - underground carpark, similar in style to a shopping centre. There were plenty of parking spots in the street (free) outside of the Quest, and if staying again I'd not bother taking up the pay option (I used to live in the area and it's not a security risk to park in the street - I only chose pay parking as I wasn't sure if there would be any spots).

Room - very large room on two levels (balcony upstairs for bedroom) in a 'horse stables design' (obviously inspired by the race course across the road). My room was very hot and very dark (for such a large room there is only one window at ground level - which looked into a court yard of a neighbouring unit). There are some windows high up in the ceiling above the bedroom, although you can't see out of them. The aircon, which is positioned down low, doesn't have a great deal of impact (except a marginal impact when on full, which makes it difficult to sleep due to the noise). Opening the windows above the bedroom does let out the heat but also lets in the tariff noise from the busy road outside (and it is a very busy road with traffic all night). In short, sleep is hard to come by!

Downstairs the room has a kitchen, which appeared adequately equipped. The bathroom, accessed through a laundry, was a little 'tired'. A little mould, probably facilitated by the lack of ventilation. An added touch, and one I often see whilst travelling for business, was hair stuck on the bathroom wall (how/why do people do this, and why doesn't house keeping deal with such an obvious bathroom horror?).

Check out - no problem.

I stay often in Quest hotels - the Quest Rosehill is not terrible, but it's the worst of the chain I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Park in the street for free. Avoid rooms facing the road. If the weather is hot, you may want...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great location close to the Flemington markets, right in the centre of the Olympic park so lots of venue to visit.
Very new and shiny large room, off street parking for a fee of course but, for security worth it
The front staff member that serve us could do with some customer service training however the second staff member on duty made up for the other and I think she knew she had to.
A little pricey for outer Sydney

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2mumies
Nick T, Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for selecting to stay at Quest Rosehill and taking the time to provide us with your feedback pertaining to your stay.
Our vision is to consistently exceed guest expectations through excellence, value, constant innovation and care. We value your comments greatly as this provides us with opportunity to improve our products and services constantly and improve upon overall guest experience at our property.
We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared the same with all our team members. Positive comments such yours are also huge motivational factor for the team who strive hard to please our valued guest.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Quest Rosehill.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks at the beginning of year. The apartment was spacious but very basic and fairly clean, but I found it really dark and then very hot if you opened the curtains on the mezzanine level. The check in staff were helpful and friendly. However, the apartment was very hot with the a/c only on the lower levels and therefore it got quite uncomfortable on mezzanine level, where the bedroom was. The location is great if you have a car as the apartments are very close to the main road, however it was quite a walk to the train and ferry in parramatta, or any of the many restaurants in the area. The pool was fairly clean, although very small. The Internet was a disappointment as it was so expensive to connect and then you could only connect one device and couldn't switch between a laptop and iPad (for example).

Overall this wasn't particularly cheap and for the money, there are better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ram N, Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience and it is pleasing to know that we were able to meet your requests and please your needs.

We strive for consistency and overall guest satisfaction throughout all of our properties and it is of great delight to me to hear of your feedback. Our team do try very hard to please all guests and it is great to know that we have achieved this. I will pass your feedback to the team which will boost their moral.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you be planning a return stay to Sydney, so we might have another opportunity to welcome your return to Quest Rosehill.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Upon arrival I found there was no car parking for check-in. It was all full of people movers. At check-in, i was met by a rude and abrasive Indian guy who seemed more interested in talking on his headset at the same time as trying to talk to incoming guests (is he talking to me now or still into the phone???). This hotel stay was prebooked and prepaid. I was informed at check-in that car parking was not included ($10 per day mind you...). This is an extra that was not mentioned any time during the booking process. I was then asked for a credit card imprint. He took $50 off the card before informing me that that was what he was doing. He then explained that it can take up to 45 days to refund... 45 DAYS!!!

Then we got to the room. Opening the door is stunk like a mixture of BO, cigarette smoke and curry. Apparently this is a non smoking room. The Air conditioner remote was broken and required repair before AC would operate. The bedroom was upstairs and on hot days like this weekend, the heat rose up and just about melted the paint off the walls. The AC on the ground floor had little to no effect in the upstairs bedroom.

Finally after unpacking, it was time to lay on the sofa to watch some TV before going to my meeting. That lasted all of 5 mins. The sofa smelt of urine and the scatter cushions smelt of BO. I had to get a blanket to cover the sofa just to sit on it. My wife refused to sit on it or let our small child near it.

Shower time. Seriously. It was like a carbon copy of something from the 70's. Shower in a bathtub? The fancy water saving shower head did nothing but spray a fine mist that covered the whole bathroom in spray. That would have been handy if i was running all around the bathroom trying to catch my shower. Not how i like doing it.

Well, after the first night, i came down and there was a massive pool of water on the kitchen floor. Not knowing where it came from and the fact i had to go to work, i threw a towel over it and left. Second day came around and the pool of water was almost off the tiles and onto the carpet... tracked it back. The fridge defrosting. It would frost up, defrost and leak gallons of water all over the tiled area. Towel down again and left...

The bed was comfortable... if you dont mind laying on stacked up newspapers and the pillows were quite comfortable considering they were made up of old hemp rope cutoffs...

There were also broken power outlets, missing light fittings and small mouth sized room parts scattered about in corners and under curtains. They can thank my daughter for finding them.

At departure, the same Indian guy was at reception trying to check-out some Chinese guests. He was trying to explain to them about the parking they owed, even though they said several times they came in a mini bus with everyone else, he didn't care, they signed saying they would pay parking. He then went on to ask them about taking any drinks or food from the room, they said yes and he informed them that it was $7.50 a bottle. $7.50!!! All the time he was talking and being rude and condescending to the Chinese couple about their lack of being able to speak and understand English. Does not pay to be rude to others about their lack of English in front of someone whose first language is English if you can hardly be understood yourself.

Location was handy, if you don't mind listing to the speedway roar away for half the night. I love speedway noise, my wife and daughter, not so much.

In short. don't stay here until you are sure you have checked everything first. Make sure they disclose everything before you sign for anything.

Room Tip: Stay at Rydges up the road. Much nicer staff and better quality hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 888Frank888

Travelers are raving about these Rosehill hotels

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been to about 4 hotels in Sydney and I found QUEST ROSEHILL the best out of all. perfect spot for family and feels like you are back at home, great first class service by staff, friendly, prepared and helpful in all ways. Apartments are really nice with all the amenities and requirements, clean, spacious. the best feature also was in house movies channels which provides free movies 24 hours. Internet easy to connect fair price. I would certainly stay there again. I would really appreciate all the staff for making my stay comfortable. Location is pretty good nearest to train station and supermarkets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TushShaha
Ram N, Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Shah,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Quite concerned about the negative reviews in here, but glad I did stay here.

Stayed twice, two nights each time. My room was lovely and clean, good selecion of TV to choose from, spacious bathrooms, nice kitchens, very comfy sofas, and rooms properly and fully cleaned. Aircon worked fine.

Location is a fair way (30 mins) from Sydney by CityRail train but if you're savvy with public transport, Rosehill station is literally 100 metres away with an hourly train service, changing trains at Clyde. You can also use the Parramatta Riverboat from the City to Parramatta wharf and walk to the hotel in 10 minutes.

Only complaint, on the last night, the fire alarm went off at 3am one night, which Sydney Fire Service confirmed was definately an electrical fault, and not activated by any customers. There were no staff on site at the time which is of concern. Reading some of the other (quite horrid) reviews, I think the manager should also accept that all hotels drop the ball from time to time, and from my experience as a former (large 5*) aparthotel manager a genuine apology means a lot to customers.

That aside I would consider definately staying here again if the price was as attractive as this is a lovely place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RobWedekind
Dear Mr. Rob,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel
Meriton Suites George Street
PARKROYAL Parramatta
PARKROYAL Parramatta
#4 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to APX Apartments Parramatta? Share your experiences!