“Great for families”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Toowoomba, Australia
“Great for families”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We found this place great for our family of five. It was more spacious than I expected. Kitchen was well stocked. Short walk to river and ferry, close to shops, supermarket, takeaway, etc. We didn't have any of the mould, dirt problems others have written about. Parking is tight but we managed to get our 4WD in there ok. Staff quite helpful and gave good directions.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MargaretL11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I had previously stayed here twice on business so thought it was an ideal choice for our family of five.
Our room was a great size, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, lounge/dining.
It appears that management have made an effort with the decor - but it looks like they ran out of money to complete the refurbishment. I was glad to not have toddlers or babies any more as it would have been hard to keep them off the dirty carpets. They have made an effort to cover up problems in the bathroom with copious amounts of silicone around the edges.
Our kitchen was clean and did not have the problems that others appear to have had. We all slept well, and noise was not a problem.
One problem we did have was the small parking spaces in the undercover carpark. We have a large vehicle and we really had a tight squeeze to fit into a spot safely without risking damage to either our own or other vehicles.
Overall, we would probably stay again but only for a night or two; I would not recommend it to people with small children. Replace the carpets and redo the bathrooms and I will recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Moretravel68
Newcastle
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have stayed at the Quest Rosehill two years in a row for the Big Day Out festival (2010 and 2011). My stay in 2010 was fine, I booked a 2 bedroom apartment but received 2 x one bedroom apartments. This was fine as the rooms were great!, double storey and clean. The only problem i had was they could not tell me what room i was in when I checked in and they told me I needed to call at 11pm to get my room numbers and my security code for the after hours key box. This was very inconvenient especially because the Big Day Out has no service and I had to run around for an hour to call them!.

My stay in 2011 was abit different again. I did not have any dramas with the key as such, they gave me the security code when I checked in and everything was fine. Although when I got to my room I did not receive the same cleanliness and appeal as the 2010 room. This room was dirty, stains all over the carpet, the bathroom was a disabled bathroom and did not have a proper shower (we had a dodgy show curtain where the water ran all over the bathroom). Was not impressed by this room at all.

So I have had a mixed response and I am looking at booking accommodation for 2012 Big Day Out.

The prices are very reasonable but I hope that if I do book with the Quest Rosehill for 2012 I get the same quality of room in 2010 and the same quality of service of 2011.

Its a lucky dip!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We came to rosehill for the races and needed somewhere close to stay I should have checked trip advisor before I booked as I would have gone with my original idea of waldorff apartments. Carpets are putrid, there's mould on the bathroom tiles, the laminex on the kitchen benches is heat bubbled and peeling off, the hot plates are brown from age and the sofas are so old that they are sunken in the centre. Great news when I wanted to get a coffee this morning, only decaf so I rang housekeeping - I think I was diverted to Mumbai given I could not understand him and was told I had to wait until 8.30am for housekeeping to open - oh well mcdonalds is over the road, I just went there instead! Never again and quest do yourself a favor and spend some $$$ on fixing this place up it's passed its use by date.

Room Tip: There are no best rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TraceyAdam123
qoddh, General Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive, so that we may improve on our guest’s experience. I am disappointed to know that this instance that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay, due to the reasons that you have listed, and for this please accept my sincerest apologies.

I would like to inform you that currently we are conducting major refurbishment of our apartments. This includes painting, carpeting, curtains, replacement of kitchen bench tops and I bathroom vanity. This is fairly time consuming process and we are completing one apartment at a time. I am happy to advise you that we have already finished quite a few apartments with the refurbishment work. Also, until we finish the recarpeting in all apartments, we are getting our carpet steam cleaned once every quarter to ensure clean and tidy accommodation for our guests.

Your comment regarding lounge cannot be verified as we didn’t find any guest profile in our system matching with your trip advisor id.

I can assure you that we pride ourselves with our staff, service, presentation and cleanliness of our rooms for all guests. The management of Quest Rosehill takes every guest’s comments very seriously in order to improve on quality and standards. As a part of our check out policy, we also send an electronic survey to our guests so that we can know about their stay and resolve issues (if any) in timely manner. Nevertheless, your comments have helped us in our quest to maintain high level of standards at all time and I thank you for that.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to restore your confidence with us at Quest Rosehill sometime in the near future. Thank you once again for taking the time to give your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you at Quest Rosehill again sometime in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Rosehill hotels

Nelson Bay, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at the Quest Rosehill for the first time recently. Previously, we had always stayed at another hotel Rydges when in Parramatta but this time we thought we would give another hotel a try. I booked at Quest Rosehill but I was bit nervous as this hotel did not have good reviews on trip advisor.

I was surprised when I walked into my room. The room was huge, pleasant, clean and comfortable. The Room looked like recently painted and new curtains (I guess), LCD TV, lounge and mattress were very comfortable.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We were literally a 1 minute walk around the corner to Rosehill garden racecourse and train station. It was a less than 15 minute walk to Westfield shopping mall and about a 10 minute walk to the river and the ferry.

From a staff perspective, while there were very minor issues in our apartment like we did not know how to turn on the A/C, this was quickly resolved and done most pleasantly.

The staff very professional and helpful from start to end. We will stay here again the next time we are in western Sydney and recommend this to property to all.

-John P.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience and it is pleasing to know that we were able to meet your requests and please your needs.

We strive for consistency and overall guest satisfaction throughout all of our properties and it is of great delight to me to hear of your feedback. Our team do try very hard to please all guests and it is great to know that we have achieved this. I will pass your feedback to our team which will boost their moral.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you be planning a return stay to Sydney, so we might have another opportunity to welcome your return to Quest Rosehill.
Pokolbin, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed here as part of a large group as our friends were getting married. Wen had about 10 rooms booked. All seemed ok until we returned from the wedding to find jewelry had been stolen from inside our suitcase (not left out for the world to see), the brides iPad stolen and another unrelated room had cash stolen from their suitcase (again not out on show).

The night manager (only contactable by phone) was not very interested and asked that we deal with it in the morning, not at midnight and hung up on the groom. We went and reported it all to the police.

Unfortunately there is very poor security on premise and no CCTV to show entry to the rooms so it was hard to prove anything, however do not feel all the staff are/were 100% honest. Maybe a small minority spoiling it for the lot?

My disappointment was made worse when management (further up the chain) were not overly helpful and seemed to just go through the motions. No compensation of any type to any of the victims was offered, remember 3 different people had lost jewelry, iPad and cash.

I am still waiting (5 months later) for a final police report but unfortunately I dont think it will reveal anything. I have still to this day never received a follow up call in regards to this matter. Maybe they will read this review?

As for the rooms etc, room was clean and plenty of space. Located nice and close to the racecourse which was handy for us.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pokolbinguy
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. I am disappointed to know that you lost your jewellery and other items during you stay at the property.

I would like to mention the fact that Quest Rosehill does have 24 CCTV security system installed at different locations inside the property. It is not possible for us to install a security camera in front of all apartment doors to monitor the movements of people coming in/out of a particular apartment. It is responsibility of guest to make sure they keep their personal belongings safe and lock the doors when they are going out from their apartment while staying at the property.

Once the matter is under Police investigation, Quest Rosehill can only provide all necessary details to Police and help them in the investigation which was exactly what we have done in this case. Also, I would like to mention that our housekeeping staff are very honest and been with us since last 4 years. In addition, the housekeeping staff room and staff’s belongings are under 24 hours surveillance.

Quest Rosehill suggests you to claim the loss of jewellery via your travel insurance.

I have that you view this incident as isolated event we will the opportunity to restore your confidence with us at Quest Rosehill sometime in the near future.
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I rang and booked a 3 bedroom apartment approximately 6 weeks prior, as we were travelling to Sydney to see a concert (3 mums with our 4 daughters). At the time of booking I was told we could have a 3 bedroom (a double room, two rooms with two singles in each and a sofa bed). The price quoted was $369.00 for one night - although a little steep I booked it as it is difficult to find a place in the area to fit 7 people, and our daughters were excited about having a night in a "motel" together after the concert. A confirmation email was sent to me which I opened only to find that we had been booked into a 2 bedroom apartment for the same price as quoted for the 3 bedroom. I rang back immediately and advised of the mistake - and the fact they had booked us into a 2 bedroom, not the 3 bedroom as requested. The Quest employee acknowledged that they had made a mistake but could no longer offer the 3 bedroom as they were all booked out. As a compromise they offered to give us 2 x 2 bedroom apartments for the same price. I agreed to this on the condition that they were next to each other, as the girls (aged 8, 10, 13 and 16) wanted to be able to share - the whole point of us staying overnight. I was promised that the apartment were facing each other - directly across the hallway from each other. Although this was certainly not ideal, I accepted this offer. With great excitement we arrived at the Quest to check in. First, the receptionist wanted to know if I wanted to pay by credit card - I explained to her that they had already charged the room (plus an additional charge of $5.54 for using my credit card) to my credit card 2 days prior to our arrival at the apartments. Luckily I had checked my credit card online prior to arrival or I would have been charged twice. She then made me sign two pages of terms and conditions and I was required to provide my credit card again so they could charge $200.00 on my card (for a bond). We'll wait and see how long it take to get this money back. She then hands me a two keys and tells me we are in #42 and 54 and tells me 1 apartment is on ground level and the 2nd apartment is on level 3. I question her about the fact that I had booked 2 apartment opposite each other on the same floor. She apologises and tells me there is nothing she can do because they are completely booked out. BAD LUCK!!!! So with little alternative, 3 1/2 hours driving and only 1/2 hour until the start of the concert we take the keys, head to the ground floor apartment, throw our bags in and head to the concert. Imagine our amazement when we get back after the concert only to find the ground floor apartment is in fact a 3 bedroom ?????? So much for them all being booked out. Then we find we can't all stay in here as the sofa bed hasn't been made up and there is only bedding for 6 and reception is closed. So 1 of the mums and her 2 daughters decide to stay in the 3rd floor apartment, only to find it is also a 3 bedroom apartment. Quest don't appear to have ANY IDEA!!! So on check out the next morning I explain to a different receptionist that we had in fact been given 2 x 3 bedroom apartments and we only needed 1 if the sofa bed had been made up. She then says "Oh yes we gave you an upgrade" - I don't know who we was trying to convince. She then trist to charge me extra for a sofa bed. Sorry honey - not happening!!!! All that aside, the carpet was absolutely filthy with huge stains everywhere, there was mould all through the showers, no ceiling fans or windows in bathrooms, no drinking glasses in one of the apartments, all of the windows and glass doors wide open and the door unlocked when we arrived - despite it being the middle of winter and about 10 degrees outside. There is a dead bolt lock on the door that has been half removed so it doesn't work and a paltry little lock in its place, not even a safety chain on the door and notices that you'll be charged $100 if you lose your key. There are "locked" gates that are locked at 11 pm (which no one told us about) so we arrive back after the concert to find closed gates with a sign saying reception is closed and guests to use code to open them (they we were given no code). Luckily we pushed on gates and were able to physically force them open so we could get back in. Overall, this place was an absolute joke and they charge a bomb!!! I will never stay there again. We have previously stayed at Rydges which is about a block away and absolutely fantastic in comparison to this dump.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheGriswalls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel
PARKROYAL Parramatta
PARKROYAL Parramatta
#4 of 12 in Parramatta
Meriton Suites George Street

Been to APX Apartments Parramatta? Share your experiences!