“Filthy carpets - uninterested staff - extra credit card chargers for nothing”

APX Apartments Parramatta
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Central Coast
“Filthy carpets - uninterested staff - extra credit card chargers for nothing”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

On arrival they took our credit card and stated that they would withdraw $200 which, would be credited back to our account within 3 working days - !!!!!!!! why wasn't this stated on their advertisement?

Very disgusted with the furnishing - absolutely filthy
Carpets had drinks stains all over
Single arm chair covered in stains
dining room chairs had cigarette burns in fabric seating (non-amoking room)
shower curtain filthy

DON'T GO THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kiarrah
qoddh, General Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience.

I would to mention the fact that the $200 pre-authorization on your credit card was not a charge but a hold of $200 on your credit card as a security of room against your stay. The pre-authorization gets realized in 3-5 business day depending upon your bank policies. This is a standard practice in all hotels across Australia and we do mention it on all websites under our property description and check-in policy.

Also, I would like to inform you that currently we are conducting major refurbishment of our apartments. This includes painting, carpeting, curtains, replacement of kitchen bench tops and I bathroom vanity. This is fairly time consuming process and we are completing one apartment at a time. I am happy to advise you that we have already finished quite a few apartments with the refurbishment work. Also, until we finish the recarpeting in all apartments, we are getting our carpet steam cleaned once every quarter to ensure clean and tidy accommodation for our guests

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Brisbane
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We have stayed at Quest apartments a number of times and have always been pleased but not this time. When we entered the room there was food crumbs on the dining and coffee tables, the carpet was badly stained and the walls had lots of marks. The curtains were filthy and the shower curtain was black with mould. As there was no heating in the bedrooms and it was cold, we had to use the spare blankets which were also dirty. When we complained to the desk clerk the next morning they changed the shower curtain and also " changed" the blankets but the replacement ones were equally grubby.

We would not have stayed for the 3 nights but needed a walk in shower for our elderly mother and had difficulty locating one in that area. We were disgusted that a Quest would present rooms that were so poor. The Manager gave us a reduced rate after our complaints on checkout but that really did not make us feel comfortable during our stay.

Just not good enough in the competitive hotel market. Stay somehwere else!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank oztravellers1
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience. I am disappointed to know that this instance that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay, due to the reasons that you have listed, and for this please accept my sincerest apologies.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to restore your confidence with us at Quest Rosehill sometime in the near future. Thank you once again for taking the time to give your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you at Quest Rosehill again sometime in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Rosehill hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed March 29, 2011

The room smelt stale when I arrived at 8pm, it took the staff awhile to locate the window keys to get fresh air. Everything in the room was stained, the carpet, the chairs. Light fitting covers were missing, the bathroom tiles needed a good scrub & the walls desperately needed painting.
The AC did not reach to the mezzanine bedroom, so it was hot & uncomfortable and noisy from traffic with the window open. The bathroom is downstairs as is the TV so its all very inconvenient. My gripe is with the quality of the Quest experience the staff were pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank WenZan

I can assure you that we pride ourselves with our staff, service, presentation and cleanliness of our rooms for all guests. The management of Quest Rosehill takes every guest’s comments very seriously in order to improve on quality and standards. As a part of our check out policy, we also send an electronic survey to our guests so that we can know about their stay and resolve issues (if any) in timely manner. Nevertheless, your comments have helped us in our quest to maintain high level of standards at all time and I thank you for that.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you be planning a return stay, so we might have another opportunity to welcome your return to Quest Rosehill.
Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2011

After a long day driving with a 14 month old I was wishing we had booked a 2 bedroom so that we could have a more restful sleep so was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a 3 bedroom which was available.
The apartment was on the ground floor and spacious enough for our 1 night stopover. Noise wasn't an issue from outside or between rooms. We were able to put our son to bed in 1 room and still have a friend over for dinner to catch up and not have to worry about noise from the lounge area waking the baby.
The room was clean. It is obviously not a 5 star hotel and you get what you pay for but ultimately it serves it's purpose as a lower budget, well located apartment that allows you to self cater if you wish.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience and it is pleasing to know that we were able to meet your requests and please your needs.

We strive for consistency and overall guest satisfaction throughout all of our properties and it is of great delight to me to hear of your feedback. Our team do try very hard to please all guests and it is great to know that we have achieved this. I will pass your feedback to our team which will boost their moral.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you be planning a return stay to Sydney, so we might have another opportunity to welcome your return to Quest Rosehill.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed at quest Rosehill for a week. Some things to consider-

Road Noise. Be warned this property is located on a main road with 24 hour heavy commercial traffic and drivers employ exhaust brakes. The raked ceiling architecture acts like a sound shell and deflects noise to the upper level sleeping zone. Studio Apartments are particularly noisy however those further from the road are not as badly affected.

Air conditioning. Is poorly engineered with a split system on the lower level. As cold air does not rise there is considerable difference in temperature and humidity between the living area and the bedrooms which are on the upper level.

Facilities- there is no window or exhaust fan in the bathroom therefore steam and odour etc lingers. An exhaust fan and some air freshener would help.

Accessories- Our apartment was missing spare pillows, had only one saucepan and one drinking glass.

Service- despite booking three months in advance our booking was 'confused' and we had to sleep in a studio apartment for the first night then transfer to an allegedly one bedroom apartment for the remainder of our stay. The office staff were unapologetic and almost accusing when I protested at the inconvenience.

Transport- The property is well located adjacent to Rosehill train station but despite this there are no train timetables available and you have to ring the info line to find out when the next train arrives. It would not take much to have a train timetable in every room

The apartments are presentable, clean and well serviced but with a little attention to detail what is barely an average property could be a very nice place to stay. I have rated this a three star property but it is probably two and a half stars and could be three to four stars with a little attention to detail.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matrix47
Wauchope, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We had booked a 2 bed apartment for 7 people in total (for the NRL Grand Final), I booked online, called the apartments 1 week prior to stay to confirm and all seemed ok. Check-in time was 2pm, we were travelling from Newcastle and called the apartments at about 9am to find out if it was possible to check-in by 12noon, we were told it should not be a problem, front desk would notify the cleaning staff and they could not see any problem with us checking in at this time, they checked our booking and said all was ok.

So the 7 of us arrived at the hotel at 12noon to checkin, it looked more like a factory or warehouse than an apartment complex and when we went to check in I was told that they had been trying to call me since yesterday to notify me the 3 bed apartment I had booked had been flooded by the washing machine, they had the correct mobile number which I had with me the entire time yet no contact? They also checked our booking when we phoned that morning and did not advise us of this? Perhaps they decided someone else wanted the apartment more than we did? Who knows, all I know is that they were clearly lying as had the apartment actually been flooded the previous day, we would have been told when we called that morning.

The duty manager then advised us they had organised a 'very spacious' 2 bedroom apartment that would comfortably house 7 people, this however would not be ready until 2pm, the 12noon checkin time could not be guaranteed, so we could not get to the NRL grand final for any of the pre-games we intended to see!!!

When we came back at 2pm to checkin to the room, the 'very spacious' apartment had a king in one room, 2 singles in the other and 1 rollaway and 2 sofa beds in the lounge room, the sofa beds were the most pathetic excuse for beds I have ever seen, they would not even be suitable for a small child, let alone my adult friends that were to sleep in them! They were bowed in the middle so much that when you sat on the bed it almost touched the floor, the 'mattress' was no more than 2cm thick and you could barely walk around the room with the 2 beds folded out, or sit on the lounges and watch tv as the 2 sofa beds left us with nowhere to sit!!!

After finding this I went back to reception and asked for the sofa beds to be put away and 2 extra single beds be brought up, which they did, the single beds still took up the entire lounge room, with those and the rollaway there was no room at all!!!

There were NO pillows on the king bed, we had to fish around in the cupboard for spares, the carpet was so old, stain and torn I don't think it had ever been steam cleaned, the pool was greener and had more leaves in it than the surrounding trees, there was still an open, used body wash in the ensuite shower, the ceiling of the bathroom was disgusting and mouldy, the beds were as hard as a rock, the pillows as thin as paper, the bath towels were the size of hand towels, this place was terrible!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Hyperness373

We did have issues with one of our 3 bedroom apartment which was flooded due to overflow from washing machine inside the apartment and due to this reason we had to change your booking from 3 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment. We guarantee check-in time as 2 pm and we do try to accommodation an early check in request wherever we can, however, sometime it is not possible for us to get the room ready before 2 pm.

I would like to inform you that currently we have already replaced mattresses in our entire apartments and a major refurbishment is being carried out at the property. This includes painting, carpeting, curtains, replacement of kitchen bench tops and I bathroom vanity. This is fairly time consuming process and we are completing one apartment at a time. I am happy to advise you that we have already finished quite a few apartments with the refurbishment work. Also, until we finish the recarpeting in all apartments, we are getting our carpet steam cleaned once every quarter to ensure clean and tidy accommodation for our guests.

Regarding an opened body wash inside the bathroom on your arrival, I can assure you that we pride ourselves with our staff, service, presentation and cleanliness of our rooms for all guests and I can assure you that a full investigation has been carried out to insure this does not happen again. We have also changed our housekeeping supervisor in order to improve on housekeeping quality standards. Your comments have helped us in our quest to maintain high level of standards at all time and I thank you for that.

Melbourne
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Arrived and was checked im promptly, room was very clean - or so I thought until i woke up the next morning with raised red marks. Didnt think much of it and stayed a second night. Checked out and flew back home only to realise that these red marks were the result of Bed Bugs. Went to my local GP who confirmed this. Advised the hotel of this and they acknowledged that their was in fact a problem with my room, and offered their apologies. When I asked to be refunded as compensation as I had incurred medical bills for the doctors visit and prescribed ointments, they said they coud not help me. Very unpleasant experience. Would not recommend

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Gabrielle85

We conduct pest control every quarter to ensure a safe and healthy accommodation for our guests. The last pest control was done in August which was few days before your arrival.

I can assure you that we pride ourselves with our staff, service, presentation and cleanliness of our rooms for all guests and based on your feedback we did replaced the mattresses of the apartment as well. Your comments have helped us in our quest to maintain high level of standards at all time and I thank you for that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel
Meriton Serviced Apartments Church Street, Parramatta
PARKROYAL Parramatta
PARKROYAL Parramatta
#3 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to APX Apartments Parramatta? Share your experiences!