“great food and beverage staff”
Review of Rydges Parramatta

Rydges Parramatta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Sydney
“great food and beverage staff”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

spent a few days with friends to see concert at Acer Arena.
Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
Nice surprise was Cafe Scuzzi where we were greeted warmly and made to feel at home by staff each time we went there (Kathryn in particular was a gem).
Food was great and reasonably priced.
Look forward to another stay

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
RPAFOM, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, August 15, 2010
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here Rydges Parramatta. Our staff are something we pride ourselves on, and we are very glad that you enjoyed your restaurant experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments as we do appreciate all feedback provided to us by our guests, and use this information to develop our staff and product.
Kind Regards,
Rydges Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Adelaide
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have stayed in a few hotels in Parramatta due to our head office being located close by. This is the first hotel i have stayed at where they offer many dining options. There are two restaurant as well as a pub to to choose from, depending on what you feel like on the day.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
RPAFOM, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Thank you for your feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Parramatta in the future.

Sydney
Reviewed June 11, 2009

My partner and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night over the June long weekend.. very quiet time for the motel. Got a reasonably good price for the room..

Turned up Friday night, drove around the carpark looking for a wheelchair accessible parking space.. none to be seen. Very large carpark, and seemed strange to me that there were no wheelchair accessible spaces around.. parked the car across two standard spaces and went inside to check in. Partner's wallet with credit card packed away in luggage.. receptionist wants a swipe of credit card before she'll let us check in.

I explained that his card was in his wallet which was in his luggage.. to get him to come in and approve a swipe of his card I would have to get his wheelchair out of the car, which was under all the other luggage.. so I would need the key to the room to get rid of the luggage to get to the wheelchair to get him out... not what she wanted to hear. I promised her that as soon as we came down for dinner in the next 20 minutes, I would give her the card to swipe.

Finally she let us check in, and I asked her where the wheelchair accessible spaces were.. she said there were none outside, but there was one undercover and she would cut me a key to that section of carpark. All well and good.. went down to the undercover carpark.. no way of holding door open to get luggage or wheelchair in.. had to struggle backwards through door to hold it open (but this is not a problem exc;usive to this motel!!) and pull wheelchair through door at same time.

Same problem in motel room.. no ability to hold door open for luggage or wheelchair.

Went to check out on Sunday morning "That's the accommodation for Friday and Saturday night, and the parking charge" - Hang on! I'm not paying for parking! You can't provide me with an accessible parking space outside, so I asked and you pointed me to the ONLY wheelchair accessible space available.and didn't tell me I would have to PAY for it.! I was not told that there would be a charge for the undercover carpark.

Luckily she saw sense and reversed the charge.. but will be contacting Parramatta City Council to ask about the requirements for your external carpark Rydges. Hell hath no fury like a wheelchair user scorned.

Wheelchair accessible room also a little smaller than we would have liked. Not a lot of room to be playing around with a wheelchair and a transporter commode chair (shower chair) - had to rearrange some of the furniture to make room for transferring my partner.

Restaurant staff were EXTREMELY professional both nights for dinner. Well dressed, well presented, very pleasant.

Very modern fittings in the rooms, comfortable beds, aircon a little loud, but tolerable.

As a previous review has mentioned, the rooms were remarkably quiet for James Ruse Drive frontage.. just a shame that we couldn't really get any fresh air in.

My partner said the basin was probably the easiest one he has used in a wheelchair accessible motel room.. shower was a little difficult to use though. Hot water took a LONG time to come through.

All round it was a pleasant enough stay. If we needed to we would stay here again (but we don't live too far away, so probably not likely).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Please accept our apologies for the concerns you have expressed in regards to disabled parking spots at the hotel. We do actually have two disabled car spots outside, closest to the hotel entrance, however after investigating further, it appears the white signs had been removed. It is obviously very important to have these car spots clearly marked and we have since painted these signs on the concrete. We do also have two disabled parking spots in our underground car park. We also apologise for the response you received when you addressed this at reception, and am very sorry that you did not receive more understanding customer service. This has been addressed with Front Desk Team. Thank you for your feedback, it is vital to the continuous improvement of our service levels and to enhance the product Rydges Parramatta has to offer our guests.
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We stayed for three nights at Rydges Parramatta and I was a little concerned after booking when I read the reviews but we didn't have a problem. We had a room with two double beds which is quite hard to find, most will only let you accommodate 3 people and makes it so much more expensive when you have to get two rooms for a family of four. We had a refurbished room which was quite adequate, clean and the beds were comfy. The air-conditioning was a little noisy but didn't keep us awake, it kept the room at a comfortable temperature. Our room on the second floor looked out towards Parramatta and the lights were quite pretty at night. My brother did also stay a night and had a room facing the front of the hotel and the racecourse. He said there was a quite a bit of noise from the traffic and car lights were a bit annoying, so after initially being a bit disappointed that we got a room looking out towards the back of the hotel we were quite glad. We had a paper delivered each morning, didn't try breakfast @ $35 because didn't think it was worth $140 for breakfast for four. We did however get a takeaway coffee from the cafe which was $4 and not that great.

You can tell that its an older hotel been refurbished, but for $108 per night for a family of four, its great value. The hotel is in a great spot if you are attending the races, but is I think about 5-7,mins drive from the centre of Parramatta and the nearest railway station.
I booked direct on the Rydges website, if you join their club(it's free) then you get a further 10% off their best price. The only thing I find a bit annoying is the children have to be under 13, I really don't see why it makes any difference if you are having a room that can accommodate them anyway, its not like it costs the hotel any more if they are 13 or 17. But having said that no one checked their ages anyway. We found the hotel comfortable, clean and staff friendly and really good value for money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here Rydges Parramatta. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments as we do appreciate all feedback provided to us by our guests, and use this information to develop our staff and product.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Stayed here for a night. Reception area is Ok and staff friendly (Ashleigh very pleasant).
Room was worse for wear. Leaky toilet, noisy aircon. Desperate need of a repaint and some attention to fixtures and fittings.
Beds good, linen clean.
Room service was ordered. Only wanted a toasted sandwhich and the staff didnt know what the choices were. Food overcooked. Come on, it's a toasted sandwich, if it looks burnt, it is burnt.
No price list for mini bar so I didn't roll the dice on what the costs might be.
Breakfast OK with 3 choices with cheapest option being $14 for tea and toast.
Overall, thumbs down guys. Given the lack of competition and obvious business opporunity, get the paint tins out and have a cooking lesson.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MelbourneTravelbug
Rydges Management

Travelers are raving about these Rosehill hotels

Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Stayed at the Rydges with a group of girlfriends - booked two rooms. Arrived on what seemed to be a busy day (start of spring carnival) and there were only two check in staff on reception. Check in was extremely slow and took about 45 mins. Not good after a long drive.
Best location for the races.
Was surprised to hear no noise from downstairs nightclub and bar, although the noise from adjoining rooms was extremely audible.
The beds were amazing, as were the pillows. Bathroom was huge which was a great surprise for 5 girls (we could only gain access to one room after one of our keys would not work, we all had to get ready for the races in one room). The breakfast was great.
My only complaint is the staff, had to remind reception 4 times about our room keys not working, said they would send someone up and didnt. We also only got one key per room, so I had to ask for extra and get keys that worked at 9.30 pm before I went to bed! This was inconvenient, seems the reception staff have been a problem with other reviewers also - slow. Other than this I would stay again, we still had a very pleasant time.

• Liked — The beds! One of the comfiest Ive slept in!
  • Disliked — The reception staffs incompetance.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
manager02, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, September 28, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Rydges Parramatta via the TripAdvisor website. All feedback is vitally important to the Hotel and therefore treated very seriously.

I was very happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the very comfortable Rydges Dream Beds. I have passed your comments regarding the great breakfast along to both the Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager.

I have also passed your comments along to the Front Office Manager to address with the reception team. I would like to apologise if this caused you any inconvenience or frustration during your stay.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Parramatta.

Regards

Neil Molles
Executive Assistant Manager
Rydges Parramatta.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Stayed one night in a Standard Queen Room. Room was what I would consider larger than most. As usual the Rydges Dream Beds ensure a great nights sleep which is just what you need when driving long distances.
Our room looked out towards Sydney & we could see the Harbour Bridge in the distance which was nice.
Bathroom was large, only one thing that was a little off putting was the black shiny tiles on the floor still had the imprints of someones bare feet on then, however the bathroom was clean other than that. Shower was hot & great water pressure. When I travel there are two main things for me that are a must for a good hotel. Great Shower & a great bed. This had both.
We ate that the restaurant meals were huge!!! Breakfast had a huge selection of great food.
Parking secure undercover was limited, we managed to get one, but there was not very many. Lots outside though.
Service Staff were great no dramas there & would stay again.

• Liked — Dream Beds
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank tanyatia
manager02, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, February 10, 2008

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the hot shower and comfortable Rydges Dream Bed. I have passed your comments regarding the bathroom floor to the Executive Housekeeper for review.

Regards

Neil Molles
Executive Assistant Manager
Rydges Parramatta.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Mercure Sydney Parramatta
#7 of 12 in Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
#5 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Rydges Parramatta? Share your experiences!