“Rydges Parramatta”
Review of Rydges Parramatta

Rydges Parramatta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Overall it was excellent. The staff were very accommodating and the service superb. My only one critisism would be the shower in room 520 from memory which is the room on the 5th floor directly first right after you exit the lifts. Not great. I did mention it and the staff did address it but it still wasn't great after that. That would be my only complaint which isnt a major at all. I would definetly stay again and also recommend to others.

Room Tip: Check the shower pressure in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ParramattaManager, Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Hi Gerard B,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Once again it's fantastic to hear that our staff and our service are enhancing our guest's experiences during their stay.

Thankyou for bringing our attention to the issues with your shower. We're glad you contacted our staff immediately and that they were able to attempt to solve this problem for you. It's disappointing we couldn't get it to where you needed it to be, but we have passed this feedback on to our maintenance manager to delve into.

Once again, thatnks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

During a recent stay in one of their "suites" I realised the hotel was in a state of decay in both condition and service. I booked at the last minute and spoke to a lovely girl who organised everything I needed for my stay. I paid upfront via eft for my 5 day stay and everything went wonderfully until the second day. Due to a running toilet i asked the day staff to be moved to another room yet I was asked to checkout & recheck in (strange), the next strange part was I had to wait until my room was checked for minibar use (I was staying 3 more nights) before they could change my room,. Upon asking the guy behind the counter why ? his answer was - you did not pay on card so we need you to wait - I followed with wait I am staying 3 more days and need to go to work. All of this is happening with over a dozen people trying to check out, all looking at me like have done something wrong. It all comes down to service, the original girl who took my booking, checked me in acted like a true professional, the guy on the otherhand when I asked for a change of room acted like I was a trying to rush off with one of their tooth brushes. I ended up walking out and going back at 7pm to see the lovely girl who sorted it all out for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JLM911

Hi JLM911,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay. It's great to hear that the girl you mentioned was able to enhance your experience.

It's unfortunate to hear that we had to room move you due to a maintenance issue, but were glad we could arrange for that to happen. In regards to checking the minibar, we apologise if you felt you were made out to have been doing wrong. There are policies in place in regards to when we room move guests, which we use to make sure the rooms are inspected properly (as we would after a guest checks out), so we can have the room 100% ready for the next guest. We do apologise that this procedure has affected your stay and will be looking in to ways to streamline these policies in the future.

Once again, it was great to hear that you enjoyed the service of the "lovely girl" you had initially dealt with, and we're glad she was able to satisfactorily assist you during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Check in was great especially as our flight was 2 hours late, they arranged small tapas dishes for us despite the kicthen closing at 9:30pm. Rooms spotless, breakfast great selection of food and they cook eggs for you fresh. After the races they have a buffet for dinner which was great. The food on offer is such a good variety but of good quality. The only down size so many desserts to choose from :) All the staff are friendly and offer assistance where required. The only thing for me is the gym/pool area could have an upgrade - a bit outdated. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hi Kit023,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay. It's great to hear you had a great time at the races!

It's extremely pleasing to hear that you were looked after on check-in, as we all know how one can feel arriving late to a hotel and only wanting something to eat and get to bed. The tapas menu is delicious. It's also fantastic to hear you enjoyed our 'Rise' breakfast and then our famous 'Fire & Ice' buffet after the races. It is great value for moneyand between the desserts and the seafood, there are plenty of choices!

It's always great to hear that the staff are so helpful and accommodating. In regards to the pool area, we have passed your comments on to our maintenance manager for follow up. We get our equipment serviced regularly, so it's disappointing to hear this was the only downside to your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently stayed in Parramatta for business and unable to find a hotel in the centre of the town. I believe there was a sporting fixture. So I travelled around and happened upon the Rydges.
The staff are very accommodating and my standard room was very well appointed.
Clean & tidy and a wonderful sleep. Unfortunately, the airconditioner was rather noisy and I had to turn it off half way through the night.
Breakfast was only $20 if you booked on checkin and it was well worth it.
Dinner was nice though a little pricey.
Become a member of the Rydges and enjoy their other benefits of a late check out and free drink on arrival.
Great place to meet business clients.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ParramattaManager, Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hi Packedtotravel,

Thanks for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Rydges Parramatta. It's always pleasing to hear that our staff are providing high levels of service.

We are also very proud of our Rise breakfast concept, and as you suggested, booking on check-in for $20 is the best way to enjoy the most important meal of the day!

The benefits of joining our Priority Guest Rewards program don't stop with a welcome back drink, you also get discounts on food and beverage throughout the group!

We hope your next stay is as enjoyable as your first one!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Check in was fine. I see that management has acknowledged several previous posts about the noisy A/C but nothing appears to have been done because ours rattled loudly. Also - you should be prepared for the ever present smokers who hang around the front of the motel. The designated smoking area should be down in the eastern end of the car park away from the entry and policed accordingly. After having a nice meal our stay was spoiled by the stench of cigarette smoke at the front door.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mollybug2002
ParramattaManager, Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Hi Mollybug2002,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We do have a rolling maintenance schedule which does include all of our air conditioning units, unfortunately due to the amount of use they receive and some maintenance issues that arise from time to time, they will sometimes fall below a standard we would like our guests to be receiving at all times.

In regards to the smoking area, we do as a hotel need to be mindful of the needs of all of our guests and to try and accommodate everyone as satisfactorily as possible.

We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal and do hope you'll return to try out our other food and beverage outlets.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in March and would recommend it to anyone.

The hotel is in a great location for business in Parramatta. The rooms were clean and well presented. The staff are fantastic. Everyone is friendly and helpful, something I have found with all the Rydges hotels I have stayed in.

Will stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013

Hi Lauren C,

It was great to receive your feedback regarding your recent business stay. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it's always fantastic to hear that our staff are exceeding expectations.

We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed in the Strawberry Rd Suite for 6 days. Lots of space and good facilities. Nice comfortable bed with lots of nice soft pillows. The luxury of a large spa bath with powerful jets and a steam room which doubles as a huge walk-in shower is a good experience, however it is hard to work out how to operate the steam room though. Breakfast is well stocked but too expensive in my opinion except we had 1 discounted coupon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi redracer69,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in our Strawberry road Penthouse. As you have mentioned there is plenty in the room to keep you entertained (steam room and spa). We're glad you were able to get the steam room started, but as always our 24 hour reception is always happy to assist.

Our new Rise Breakfast concept has everything you could need or want for brekafst. It was great to hear you got the discount coupon, but just a bit of advice for future bookings: if you add breakfast on as a package you get it for $20 instead of the usual price.

Hope to see you hear again!

The Rydges Parramatta Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Novotel Sydney Parramatta
Novotel Sydney Parramatta
#7 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Rydges Parramatta? Share your experiences!