“Nice but please fix the A/C”
Review of Rydges Parramatta

Rydges Parramatta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Sydney, Australia
“Nice but please fix the A/C”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have stayed here twice in the last 2 months
Lovely friendly staff - except for the restuarant - $5 for a cappuccino is a bit much even for Sydney! and to be glared up for daring to ask for a variance in the coffee order. It all seemed a bit to much for the 2 staff that i dealt with there.

nice clean functional rooms
but for the love of god can you please fix he noisy a/c! - it rattles and bangs all night long.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Hi Janet,

Thanks for your review. We are always pleased to hear about our guest’s experiences and when it comes from a Senior Reviewer we are even more pleased.

It is wonderful to receive 4 stars from you and I do hope that means you will be back again.

It is also a dampener to hear of some poor customer service. It certainly is not the norm around here and we will look into this.

I’ve taken note of your room and will ensure that maintenance take a look at the air-con in the room.

Happy New Year and I hope to see you here again soon.

Thanks Mieke Kremer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed in the Strawberry Rd Suite for 6 days. Lots of space and good facilities. Nice comfortable bed with lots of nice soft pillows. The luxury of a large spa bath with powerful jets and a steam room is a good experience, however it is hard to work out how to operate the steam room though. Breakfast is well stocked but too expensive in my opinion.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Doug-HHB,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Rydges Parramatta. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Strawberry Road Suite. Great also to hear that you took use of the spa and steam room.

This is my favourite room at the hotel, but I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s easy to see why!

I do hope that you will stay again and if so please do ask any of our team members about some of our offers for a discounted breakfast.

Thanks again!

Canberra
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Excellent in all respects. Friendly Service, good breakfast nice rooms. Would stay again. Was overcharged by $20, however this would no deter me from staying again. Close to public transport. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Mike from Canberra,

Cheers for your kind review and giving us 5 STARS!! Woohoo!
What more can we say but a big thank you!

I do hope that you saw a receptionist about the overcharge as we do not want a mistake as such not to be addressed.

Can't wait to see you here again,

Guildford, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Although we lived locally it was closer to the venue of the wedding and on last minute notice we were able to book another room when a booking at Waldorf Apartments fell through and they failed to give us a room.

The staff were extremely friendly and having checked in late with a bunch of groomsmen coming in and out, they were really patient and understanding.

Buffet breakfast was a delight... And the facilities, namely, the pool kept the groomsmen busy for awhile.

Our room was in great condition, we had a queen and double sofa bed - Superior Queen room which faced the main road (James Ruse Drive). Although old, I expected worse but Parra Rydges would be a 5 star hotel compared to Nth Sydney ;) Only problem would be the noise of the motorway or busy street but not too much if you love city sounds!

Great location as it is a short walk to Woollies (supermarket) for last minute or forgotten items and snacks if you don't want to blow your budget on the mini-bar, also, Maccas-late night dinner. On site parking available too.

A great place to stay if you love Parramatta!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Ake A,

We were so pleased to be to help with last minute accommodation, especially when you needed it most. I will be sure to pass on to the team that your appreciation of their customer service, it always help keep the morale high.

Rise Breakfast is a treat and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. And the pool and spa!!

Although you will not be back again for the wedding, we hope to see you here for an anniversary or a night away.

Thanks for your review.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a night. I was greeted at the front desk in a pleasant manner and promptly checked into my room. The room was clean and fresh in appearance. Bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and offered all requirements that I needed.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thanks for the lovely review Selena39; great to have a supportive and approving response from a Senior Reviewer.

It is very pleasing to hear of the recognised effort that the housekeeping team provide. They may be behind the scenes but their work is crucial to a successful stay. So on behalf of housekeeping thanks again.

We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Kind Regards, Mieke Kremer
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is in a good location with access to the M4 Freeway. Depending on which side of the building you are on, it can be a little noisy. It's a little dated, but simple refreshes have helped it feel current, although signs of it's age can be seen.

I'm a Rydges Priority Guest Member and each time I've had to wait in line to check in, so not sure that they are delivering what is touted on the website re priority service etc. Certainly don't feel or get treated any differently I don't think.

Have had charges put on my bill a couple of times for things included in my booking like Internet which I had to point out were errors. Newspaper was to be delivered each morning but wasn't. So a few sloppy bits here and there.The Breakfast is great with lots of variety, fresh juices etc, but be sure to get there well before 9am as things start to dwindle.

So overall ok, hasn't blown my mind, normal sort of hotel providing general service levels. The opportunity would be for them to take a step up, really get to know their consumers and take things a notch up.

Room Tip: Ask for Parramatta facing rooms instead of City facing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hi Paul_In_Aust,

Thanks for taking the time to write you review on Rydges Parramatta. My initial reaction is that I am very disappointed to read that the customer service did not meet nor exceed your expectations. If you read many of the other reviews and my responses you will see that customer service is VERY important to us and so we will certainly take note of your review. Just to let you know we do not offer the Priority Check-In service however we do offer all the rest of the services that our Rewards has to offer for Free.

I am pleased to read though that you enjoyed the breakfast.

I would really like the opportunity to look into your stay more and find out reasons as to why you perhaps didn’t get your newspaper or why your internet was on the bill. If you are happy to help please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon and show you the devoted customer service which I know we can deliver.

Kind Regards, Mieke Kremer
Port Stephens, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

One of the "standard" hotels of Rydges. Good quality, properly maintained and efficiently run. Staff at reception gave us a friendly welcome and pointed out the essentials regarding our stay. The room - standard queen - was clean and comfortable. We had "City view" which means we saw the CBD vaguely in the distance. Although James Ruse Drive is right in front of the hotel the noise (at level 6) was not really noticeable.
The bed was "Rydges" quality with a choice of pillows. The bathroom had a bath with shower. Seperate Hot and Cold taps so it takes a bit of tweaking to get the temperature right. Would be easier with a more modern mix-tap. That is where the hotel shows its age.
Breakfast in the morning was sumptuous: eggs cooked to order and a wide choice of both the cholesterol and healthy stuff.
We had dinner at the Steeds restaurant and submitted a seperate review of that - positive - experience.
We pre-booked undercover parking - at extra cost - which is not really essential as there is - most of the time - plenty of parking available in the hotel grounds.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms will be quiet both sides. Lower down the quiet rooms will be at the back - facing Pa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Henk T,

Thanks for coming to stay at Rydges Parramatta. What a wonderful review on the range of services that we offer here. The tips and suggestions you have made are also a great help for not only us but also future guests. It is pleasing to see that you have stayed at many of our other hotels including QT. Thanks for keeping the Rydges hotels in mind.

I like your comment about “cholesterol and healthy stuff” choices at breakfast. Crispy Bacon is a favourite of mine but it is good to balance it out with some poached eggs!

Hoping to see you back again soon or to read of another visit to a fellow Rydges property.

Warm Regards, Mieke Kremer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel
#8 of 12 in Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
#5 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Rydges Parramatta? Share your experiences!