“Excellent service!”
Review of Rydges Parramatta

Rydges Parramatta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My partner, son and I ended up staying here due to a stuff up with our booking at Quest Rosehill. The Duty Manager that was on when we arrived could see that we were a bit frazzled and went out of her way to assist us. She looked for the best room for us, assured us that the sofa bed would be made up, told us about options to catch a bus to Allphones Arena, gave us discount vouchers for a buffet dinner (which was absolutely delicious) as well as discount vouchers for a buffet breakfast (also very delicious). She even remembered us the next morning and asked how everything went. We got a room with a view over the racecourse which was great for people watching (it was Race Day). The room was clean,tidy and quiet and while a little tired (the toilet had a sign advising to hold the button down for 2-3 seconds to get a proper flush) was great to collapse in after the show. The bed was one of the more comfortable hotel beds I've slept in, and I've slept in quite a few! The service made all the difference to us at this hotel and we'll go here first the next time we're up to Sydney to see a show.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for such a lovely review of your stay here with us at Rydges Parramatta. It is very pleasing to hear of the customer service that you received. At Rydges Parramatta we believe that all guests at any hotel should all receive the best customer service as this is what they deserve. We certainly look forward to seeing you back here again for another show or maybe a race day.

Cheers, Mieke

Reviewed September 4, 2012

when we arrived in the car park of the Rydges Parramatta and entered the front door of the reception area we were made to feel very welcome giving as all the details of our stay and then we were giving our room keys and shown where the lifts were and then up to our room and thats when our weekend in Parramatta started.Thank you Parramatta Rydges for a lovely night

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable weekend. I am so glad that we helped start it off on the right foot. We all know how important it is to have a relaxing and fun weekend so we are pleased to have helped. We hope to see you here again for another fun weekend.

Thanks for your review.
Mieke

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
* very spacious and quiet & clean rooms and building
* powerful heat though a bit drying on the skin
* very accommodating staff...we needed space for one more and they gave us a rollaway bed free of charge
* showers are some of the most powerful and comfortable that I have experienced

Cons:
* no free wifi except in lobby or breakfast
* a bit far from sydney and food is a 10 min walk away but costs half the price of the sydney rydges with comparable accommodations so good value

• Stayed: September 2012

Thanks for your feedback. We love to hear of all your pros!! We hope that you come back again soon and when you do ask us about how you can receive some great discounts on Internet and Breakfast.

Cheers Mieke

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I got to the hotel by taxi and it costs roughly $80~$90 from the Sydney airport.

The hotel is located on a busy road, James Ruse Drive, which has constant traffic 24/7. Make sure you bring ear plugs because you will not stop hearing cars/trucks driving pass. The bed was really soft, so your body really sink into the bed. This makes the bed very uncofortable eventhough they give you whole variety of pillows.

The room was very clean. The water pressure was really low on the shower. Minibar is expensive, but that was expected. Although TV has some pay TV channels but it's low quality.
The wall between my room and the next room must be very thin. I could hear everything next door including farting, peeing, toilet flushing, brushing teeth, conversations and loud "couple" noises. I'm sure they heard me too.

The breakfast was very nice however it cost me $30 on top of the room rate. Dinner was nice but again it was pricey for the quantity. However, you do receive 20% discount from the restaurant when you sign up for some reward membership.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay here with us. Rydges Parramatta is located alongside of James Ruse Drive which although makes us easy to find and easily accessible it does mean that we are close to the traffic. I would certainly recommend a room located on the back of the building if you are a light sleeper.

A couple more tips would be to pre-purchase your breakfast either upon booking or check-in as this will save you $10 per person. I also recommend that you sign up to become a Rydges Priority Guest member as you save 20% off all Food and Beverage in all outlets of Rydges Hotels. A great way to save some more dollars plus other benefits.

We are here to help so feel free to give us a call if you would like to know more or visit our website.

Thanks Mieke

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as we went to see the Beach Boys concert , I really like this chain of hotels . Our room was a good size the bathroom very big and even though we faced the Racetrack and main road there was no issue of noise. We had dinner there which was delicious I had the salmon . We also had breakfast there as included in price again great. They guessed we where there for the concert and was a bus running from hotel to Allphones arena which was a plus cost extra but very convenient . I found that the tea and coffee in rooms could have been a better selection but over all would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: If going to a concert at Olympic Park ask about the shuttle bus.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Rydges Parramatta. After to speaking to many of the Beach Boys concert goers it certainly sounds as though it was a great show also. Great to hear also that the shuttle bus is recommended as we also think it’s the most hassle free way to get to the concert and back.

I hope to see you back again soon, perhaps even for another concert or just some relaxation.

Mieke

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at Rydges Parramatta for work for 3 nights. Staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean and tidy. Pretty basic layout and standard, bed quite comfortable - however I found that I slept really badly the whole time I was there - lots of noise from the road and a VERY noisy aircon vent in the bathroom. Other colleagues who were also staying there had the same experience.

Room service was of a decent standard and was delivered within half an hour. The buffet breakfast was above average - quite nice choices, with a fresh juice bar. Coffee was pretty bad - they need to get a decent barista for breakfast times.

I was looking forward to using the indoor pool, however it was being renovated the week I was there. There is also a gym which I did not use, but colleagues said was fine.

Overall, the hotel is fine for business purposes and the service from staff is above what you would expect for a Rydges hotel.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing James Ruse Drive - very noisy!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thanks for your review of Rydges Parramatta. Sorry that the pool area was closed during your stay. We were upgrading the spa and it is unfortunate that it was whilst you were here. It is finished now though and looks great. I hope we see you back here soon so you can try out our pool and new spa.

Cheers, Mieke

Reviewed August 10, 2012

A fantastic stay in a modern, clean and well serviced room. What more can you ask for?

The hotel staff were curtious and attentive and the facilities great, as you would expect from the Rydges. We found this to be a high value option to see the fireworks in Sydney over New Years Eve, without paying the ridiculous prices for a hotel in the city. This hotel is close to the rail link for easy access to Sydney with regular trains.

All in all an enjoyable stay over NYE - Thank you

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Happy New Year! Who can believe that 2013 is already approaching and our new year celebrations will be here before we know it! The lights of Sydney surely light up on New Years with great views from Rydges Parramatta, I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed them. Perhaps we will see you back here again this year? Make sure you book a room with city views.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Mercure Sydney Parramatta
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
#6 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Rydges Parramatta? Share your experiences!