“Great accommodation, good location, excellend staff”
Review of Rydges Parramatta

Rydges Parramatta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We recently stayed one night to attend the Caravan & Camping Show and were very impressed with the overall presentation of the hotel. The rooms were nicely furnished and clean. The bathroom is a little dated but clean. Comfy beds with nice linen. Noisy airconditioner which we turned off. We had drinks in the bar and dinner in Steeds Restaurant. It had a nice atmosphere and the meal was okay - not great but okay, restaurant staff were good. Breakfast was enjoyable. The reception staff were amazing, very efficient and friendly. Plenty of parking. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ParramattaManager, Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay here. We had many people stay who were attending the show across the road, as it’s so convenient & easy to get to! We always get great comments about our Rydges Dream beds, they are indeed very comfy! Thanks for your feedback, looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel another time.
Cheers
Kumi

There are newer reviews for Rydges Parramatta

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Purchased this package for my family so as we could attend the Sydney Royal Easter Show. Great service on arrival, well organised with the shuttle bus to take you to the Show. Room was very clean, airconditioning was very noisy, so we switched it off. Beds were extremely comfortable and my husband enjoyed watching football on fox sport as we do not have this at home. On return from the show we found that the eating options were limited. As the Easter Show package was aimed at kids it would have been great to have some eating options on return that were suitable. Breaksfast was extremely enjoyable and the service was great, ordered coffee from the cafe on both days and the service was very efficient and the coffee was most enjoyable. I must also commend the young ladies who drove the shuttle buses, they were friendly and they drove in a safe and professional manner. Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind review. We take great pride in our staff and are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed friendly and professional customer service during your stay. Your comments concerning the air conditioning have been passed onto the Maintenance Manager, and the feedback regarding kids dining options, to the Food & Beverage Manager. We do offer a Kids Menu in all of our outlets which is available all day long. We would also like to take this opportunity to tell you about our great membership program, Priority Guest Rewards. This FREE membership entitles to you to many great benefits and discounts, including 20% off your restaurant bill! Visit priorityguestrewards.com.au to sign up now. Once again thank you for taking the time to complete your review, we genuinely appreciate the feedback provided to us by our guests, and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great lobby, if that's important to you. Rooms and bathrooms small and old fashioned and a bit tatty. Air con loud and not very efficient. $229 for the executive room was $60 - $70 over priced in my opinion

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments regarding the air conditioning unit have been addressed with the Maintenance Manager for follow up. It is very important for us to hear our guests’ feedback and have the opportunity to rectify any deficiencies and work towards providing improved service standards and product for our guests.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed a few nights to attend a conference across the road at Rosehill – great location for that. Rooms were clean but a little dated. Breakfast was good but staff could have explanted what was on offer better - didn't find the egg station until the second day. I had dinner in the restaurant one night and the staff and meal were excellent. Overall an easy place to stay, and you don't have to pay for parking which is a nice change.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here Rydges Parramatta, and found the location to be very handy for your conference across the road. Your feedback regarding your breakfast experience has been addressed with our Restaurant Manager to develop our staff and service standards. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant and this has been passed onto our Executive Chef. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, as we do appreciate all feedback provided to us by our guests, and we use this information to work towards providing improved service standards and product for our hotel and conference guests.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

like most Rydges Hotels. this one was a 4 star about 10 years ago but it is getting a bit dated now. The beds are great we had a King and it was very comfortable. The Airconditioning did not work properly, I think they need to replace all of the room airconditioners here as the last 2 times I have stayed here I had the same problem. Sydney in summer is quite hot and humid and you really need that air to be working well. The Rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff are very good. The highlight is the Steak restaurant. The food is fantastic and is availble through roomservice during the restaurant trading hours. The buffet breakfast is fantastic as well.

Room Tip: Join their rewards program before you stay and you will get a discout on the room and food. I recome...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback regarding stay at Rydges Parramatta in December. We feel it is very important for us to hear your comments and have the opportunity to rectify any deficiencies, and work towards providing improved service standards and product. We are very glad that you were able to take advantage of the great Priority Guest Rewards benefits, and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2012

The room was clean but the facilities were dated (with the exception being the TV). Not very sound proof and the air conditioning was so noisy as to make near impossible to not have an uninterrupted sleep. Went to the bar and had to wait while the barman had a conversation on the telephone. When finally served was told my beer of choice (on tap) was flat. Would have thought bar manager would have sorted it. When I went to the gents, after the beer, it smelt like two day old fish had been in there, not pleasant at all. After returning from dinner at 10pm the hotel card would not work on the entrance to the hotel foyer and I had to call reception to let me in. The best thing I can say is that the check-out was quick and easy.

3  Thank Albert_NZ

Dear Albert,
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay with us in March.
Please accept our apologies for the concerns you have expressed in regards to the air conditioning noise issues you experienced in your room. I have brought your comments up with our Maintenance Manager. Thank you for your feedback regarding the service you received in our bar, these comments and your commentary concerning the beer have been passed onto our Food & Beverage Manager for follow up. These are by far not our usually high standards that Rydges properties are known for. Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review, as we do appreciate all of the feedback provided to us by our guests.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stay in many Rydges around Australia and almost unanimously they are in dire need of an upgrade/refurb/makeover. But generally, very easy place to stay in, no fuss and they are our company preferred - generally well priced, restaurant in house and close to work related locales.

Staying in Rydges Parramatta a couple of weeks ago, given the lack of local food choices we gave the in-house restaurant a stab, expecting mediocre at best. ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! Not flashy, not pretentious, just DAMN good food. Anthony was our cook (and great service beforehand from a Kiwi fellow, can't recall his name, sorry) Fire and Ice menu, good mix of a la carte and buffet - I got garlic prawns and eye fillet cooked for me, on the spot, with what I want. I very rarely eat steak out, as I am so often disappointed, even with the most choice cuts of meat - this was like I had cooked it myself with all due care in my own kitchen, EXACTLY how I like it.

I have to admit, I actually went back for a second serve of the same thing.

The service of the ladies working the bar was also quite good, drinks were good, we ordered simple stuff, but the cameraderie (*sp) was well appreciated as they were friendly, open, seemed happy and good conversationalists.

As to the rest of the hotel, rooms were clean, view was a horrible rooftop (I don't care about the view one little bit however and I am the best person to give these rooms too, just for those weird people who may go to parra for a holiday, go figure) lifts were old, slow and jumpy!

Front foyer was actually quite nice for Rydges and the front counter staff service was also pretty good, bar area was noisy and not really conducive to a quiet drink, however it appeared more geared toward a sports bar theme, in which case the noise fits.

If I have need to go to Rose Hill or Parra again, I know where I will be staying, and definitely where I will be eating!

1  Thank David Q
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you found your restaurant experience “absolutely phenomenal!” Your comments have been passed onto Anthony and the rest of the team. Exceptional customer service is something we pride ourselves in. I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you about our great membership program, Priority Guest Rewards. This FREE membership entitles to you to many great benefits and discounts, including 20% off your restaurant bill! Visit priorityguestrewards.com.au to sign up now. David, thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Parramatta in the future.

Rydges Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
PARKROYAL Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
#5 of 12 in Parramatta
Meriton Suites Church Street, Parramatta

Been to Rydges Parramatta? Share your experiences!