Rydges Parramatta
$98
$73
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel(Rosehill)(Great Value!)
$92
$74
Mantra Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Church Street, Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$63
$61
Hotels.com
PARKROYAL Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$134
$88
  • Restaurant
SKYE Hotel Suites(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$133
$120
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor poolroom servicebuffet breakfasteaster showrosehill racecourseacross the roadplenty of parkingshuttle buswould stay againundercover parkingreception staffroad noisemini baran upgradeshort stayrosehill train stationolympic park
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We travel to Sydney alot and normally stay in the city. But in this occasion we decidedto stay close to Paramatta since we were going to a concert at Acer Arena and all the prices for CD hotels were too high.
Minding that Rydges prices were still too dear, our stay was the most UNPLEASANT stay ever. Even Formula1 could have been better.
The bed was uncomfortable and the stupid air conditionning was making the worst noise you could imagine all throw the night, it was impossible to turn it off as well though coz it would make the room very stuffy and smelly.

Worst choice we made in choosing hotel and we will never ever go back there and strongly NOT recommend anyone to stay there either.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snowy2010_11
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Please accept our apologies for the concerns you have expressed in regards to the bed and air conditioning during your stay. Your comments were addressed our Maintenance Manager, for further investigation. We really do appreciate all feedback provided and thank you for taking the time to do so. It is very important for us to hear your comments and have the opportunity to rectify any deficiencies.

Regards,
Rydges Management

Reviewed March 6, 2011

When we arrived there was a senior staff member speaking to the (only) counter staff. they did not look up to acknowledge us til the manager had stopped talking.
the counter member asked if i was checking in without greeting us or smiling. i gave my name and she basically recites to me what I had booked as well as the room service I had ordered. she gave me a slip of paper with my details on it to sign and confirm my address. while I was reading it she begins to ask me various questions. How was I meant to write and read and listen at the same time?

I try to concentrate on both and mumble my yeses. then she asks me for my credit card and shoves me another bit of paper 'for credit card confirmation' - i notice she had charged $1 on to my card. At this point I was already upset and bewildered. Then she asks us about the shuttle service, 'the shuttle service goes at 6.40 or 7.05 which one do you want?' she stands there waiting for me to reply and goes 'you have to be on time or else it will leave without you' I say 'the seven one' and she shoves us 2 keys and passes and says 'you HAVE to tell the bus driver you've paid, or else he will charge you again' 'When do you want your room service that you ordered?'
I go 'umm now?'
then we get a blank stare and 'elevators are to the left'

after signing in. we head up to our room. it was dark and stuffy. I notice the various spots in the door frame that are missing spots of paint.
the bathroom seems clean enough. one tile was a very different colour to the rest of the room (but only I would notice that). there was no clear button for the air con and I eventually find it next to my bed after 10 minutes. I open up the folder on the tray on the bed that says 'entertainment schedual' and in it to my dismay I find a copy of the sunday herald's tv guide.. folded in half.

after 20 minutes the room service was still not there.
After about 30 minutes i hear a tap at the door, I ask my partner to check on it. and sure enough it was there. I thought we were going to get a nice box, what it was was 9 pieces of lindt balls on a plate.... so that was a let down plus she ruined the surprise for my partner by asking me about them when we signed in.

after the concert we order room service and we specifically asked on the phone whether there was an additonal charge and were told that there will be no tray charge incurred (tub of ice cream = $12 and tray charge = $4).

In the morning after breakfast we get a knock at the door, the housekeeper asks if she can check our minibar, she lets herself in and goes 'ok so thats one white wine?'
I say 'errr no we didn't have anything'
she points to a space in the fridge and says 'well thats where the wine goes'
and I repeat myself and go 'we didn't have anything from the minibar'
'ok i won't charge you anything' then she leaves

when we check out the next morning I get asked again 'did you have anything from the minibar?'
why do you get someone to check our fridge only to have to ask us again???
I got told by the same senior staff member, that my total comes to '$13.50'
I ask her why this is and she says to me that we had ordered room service for food for $9.50 and there was a tray charge for $4... I couldn't be bothered arguing with her so simply paid and left.

I know it's no 5 star hotel but we paid over $300 and the service was the main factor to my dissatisfaction. staff members do not know how to talk to customers appropriately and I felt like I was being greeted by junior staff at a fast food joint. clearly they do not care about their jobs or their customers. I won't be going back there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linksta

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay with us, your feedback was very much appreciated. Please accept our apologies for the concerns you have expressed in regards to your stay at the hotel and the level of customer service. We would like to apologise for the response you received when you checked in at reception, your comments have been addressed with the Front Desk Team, we are very disappointed that you did not receive the warm welcome that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for all your feedback, it is vital to the continuous improvement of our service levels and to enhance the product Rydges Parramatta has to offer our guests. Kind regards, Rydges Parramatta Management

Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed in a panorama suite and were very disappointed with the room - well overdue for refurbishment and the air conditioning was noisy and very temperamental (on a very hot day it struggles and needs to be replaced).
On the positive side - racecourse is a short walk across the road, police and security presence after the race is extremely impressive (so you had better behave!) and the staff were very courteous and attentive. We complained about our air conditioning after the first sleepless night and they did their best to adjust the system - which thankfully worked overnight - but returned to tantrum mode in the morning!
Both restaurants were quite good - Steeds provides the extra quality and service you would expect for the price.
Overall ok - but will be better value if the air conditioning is replaced and the rooms are refurbished.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Thank you for your valuable comments from your stay at the Rydges Parramatta. It is through feedback that we can constantly improve our service and product. We apologise for the issues you have expressed in regards to the air conditioning unit in your room, and are endeavouring to have these noise issues resolved. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Rydges Parramatta Management

Reviewed January 24, 2011

I would agree with one of the reviewers in that this hotel is a little old, as in from the 80s, but it was simple, clean, and an OK value for your money. It is about a 2 minute walk to the Rosehill station if you're a fit Australian or a 5 minute walk if you're a somewhat out-of-shape American. Boo to the fact that the train only comes one per hour on the weekends and holidays. I don't recommend this hotel if you're going to make daily trips to Sydney, but I would recommend this hotel if you're at least going to the Featherdale Wildlife Park or the Blue Mountains.

The front desk staff were helpful when I asked questions regarding what was around the neighborhood regarding services like the post office.

The breakfast buffet at the restaurant was pretty decent. Beware of that contraption that spits out pancakes. It's actually pretty tasty for something that comes out of a bag.

My number one issue was the expensive internet. I mean, c'mon Australia, internet is cheap! If third-world mountain cities with no multinational corporations in the neighborhood like Ayacucho, Peru can afford to charge internet to teenagers playing WoW at one Sol per hour how can a first world country like Australia not throw in free internet for people staying in hotels? Heck, $38/night Motel 6s here in the US throw in free internet sometimes! Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick!

Otherwise, Rydges Parramatta is not a bad place to stay. Next time I'm in Sydney and I want a value hotel for the price, I'd stay here again and allow plenty of time to go to Sydney proper.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback regarding stay at Rydges Parramatta. We feel it is very important for us to hear your comments and have the opportunity to rectify any deficiencies, and work towards providing improved service standards and product.
Rydges Parramatta Management

Reviewed January 8, 2011

stay once a year at Rydges Rosehill with my friends when we visit Sydney and we will always do....despite the hotel is getting old and tired but the STAFF are the highlight of my stay.
Reception staff are very friendly and welcoming especially the handsome man with the olive skin...he has a very cute smile this was the first time I see him so he must be new. I did ask for his number but he said no :( felt little bit rejected but I assume he was acting professional. The restaurant staff are very friendly as well especially the pregnant lady and Amy the waitress; although she talks a lot but she is funny and amusing.
One negative point: PLEASE change the air-conditioning system in the rooms it sounds like plane taking off when you first turn it on and absolutely noisy during the night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
RPAFOM, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback regarding stay at Rydges Parramatta. Please accept our apologies for the concerns you have expressed in regards to the bed in your room, and the issues you had with your room key. Your feedback regarding staff attitude has been addressed with our Front Desk team. It is very important for us to hear your comments and have the opportunity to rectify any deficiencies, and work towards providing improved service standards and product.
Rydges Management