“Thumbs up!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Sydney, Australia
“Thumbs up!”
Reviewed October 7, 2006

Just got back from a weekend at the Mercure. This was my second stay at this hotel this year and I love it. The rooms were refurbished sometime last year and they are still beautiful.

I had a queen bed room at the end of the corridor and it was very quiet. In fact, so quiet I thought there were no other guests! But they all appeared at breakfast so obviously there were. :) The bed is quite firm (which I like) but comfortable and there is a nice easy chair to relax in as well. The TV is a brand new LCD model with a flat screen & cable. There is lots of room on the desk for the business person and also lots of power points at desk level. Hotels never seem to get that bit right but the Mercure has. The bathroom was beautifully clean with a full sized bath with shower. It was also easy to access the shower as the bath appears quite low so older guests would not have a problem in that regard. There is also a handle to help out - nothing worse than attempting to traverse a bath with no support! So again the Mercure wins out. Another plus in my opinion is the tea-making area. Another power point in easy reach for the kettle (how many times have you had to plug in the kettle in the bathroom??) with good coffee/tea supplies and even artificial sweetener. The only downside there is they had those small long-life milk portions which I hate so I always bring my own milk.

Breakfast is buffet-style and very affordable. $20 for adults. But the best part was my 11yo daughter was free. Yes, that's right...children 12 and under are free. I was very happy.

I can thoroughly recommend the Mercure at Parramatta. Free parking, close to Rosehill Racecourse, nice pool and spa, great rooms & fab breakfast.

• Liked — The new clean rooms
  • Disliked — The milk!
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a room at either end of the corridor.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Ozstitcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed September 30, 2006

We stayed at the Mercure Hotel Parramatta to attend an event at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse & were so pleasantly surprised with the magnificent rooms. We had heard from a friend that the hotel was refurbished last year and wow, what a great place. The lovely water feature in the lobby is so relaxing, the design of the rooms is great. You can tell a place that really renovates well when everything is new. Instead of just a coat of paint and a bit of carpet, they have new everyting, right down to the irons & ironing boards!!
The staff are really very friendly, they knew us by name on our second day and we had a chat with the reception managers about how it felt like relaxed, friendly, country service where we were welcomed & valued. The staff commented that the GM grew up in the country and wouldn't have it any other way. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Great rooms, comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was great!
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask about the executive spa suite. We were shown the room & have booked it for next stay.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank terrydan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 12, 2005

Just a brief business trip to Parrmatta. I haven't stayed at the Mercure in a long while. They have just completed a full refurbishement (April 05) and it's looking very nice, although still four star. What struck me most was the frendly and helpul staff...I had left my phone charger at the office and they happily located one that suited my phone (I guess lots of people leave them behind) and let me charge up, free and with a smile. Breakfast service was equally friendly and great scrambled eggs!

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this review, October 15, 2005
Thank you for your comments regarding the Mercure Hotel Parramatta. I was very pleased to hear that the hotel staff performed professionally and were able to assist you with your requirements.

Our $5million refurbishment has since been completed and an award of Best 4.5 Star in NSW was gratefully accepted by our industry body. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Chad Daly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
PARKROYAL Parramatta
#8 of 12 in Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
#5 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Mercure Sydney Parramatta? Share your experiences!