“Nice Hotel”

Mercure Sydney Parramatta
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I really enjoy staying here. Its easy to get to and has FREE undercover parking. It is within walking distance of a range of restaurants and a great distance for a nice walk along the river to the wharf. Woolworths is just across the road. There is a bus stop directly out the front of the hotel, making it easy to get into central Parramatta, The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant were very friendly and were extremely accommodating of my son who loves to ask lots of questions and know everything. We stayed on a weekend deal which included a dinner voucher and breakfast. The breakfast was fantastic, plenty of options to keep everyone happy. The dinner in the restaurant was also nice (perhaps a little expensive for what you get though, if I remember correctly about 40 dollars per main meal...). The pool is a great size, and there is an outdoor spa. Next time I plan to utilise the tennis courts! I look forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear 12Reviewer34,

Thank you so very much for providing such positive feedback using TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Here at Mercure we pride ourselves on friendly and accommodating staff and it is great to hear that you were able to experience this.

The hotel's convenient location and little extras such as the pool and tennis court make it suitable for families and it is nice to hear that on your next stay you will be able to utilise these.

Thank you once again for your feedback; I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Sydney Parramatta

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My daughter and I travelled to Sydney for the National Athletics Championships & decided to stay somewhere different - so glad we did. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. The beds - WOW. We chose the room with 2 x double beds and they were very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly. We were on a budget and the Safeway across the road made getting supplies easy, and travel was a snap with a bus stop at the door.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear netballer12,

Thank you for providing such positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

Our hotel is conveniently located with public transport right at our door and I am pleased to hear you agree. I am also happy to hear that you found your room and beds to be comfortable.

It is a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback and I will be sure to pass this onto our various departments so that they can share it with their teams.

Thank you for your comments once again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Needed a Hotel close to Homebush as all Hotels in precinct were booked out. Mercure was very handy, Just 5km easy driving and very nicely appointed. Appears to have just had a big refurbishment and is in excellent condition. Although we didn"t use it, but Hotel supplies a bus to event at Homebush - excellent idea. Front Desk very freindly, Only negatives were "the coffee machine has been turned off" and the breakfast staff could not cope with the crowd. But will keep it in mind next time I'm visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bob S,

Thank you for providing feedback about the Mercure Sydney Parramatta.

I am very happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our Mercure team.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Sydney.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room was well above normal Mercure standards.
Reception and service was as to be expected.
I was there during a particularly busy week so the price was a little high, but still acceptable at $169/night.
But why on earth do they still insist in trying to charge us for internet usage when their sister/group hotels throughout Europe provide it free of charge?

Room Tip: Make your own arrangements for an internet connection! Eventually they'll get the message.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear potblak,

Thank you for providing feedback using TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and thought that we were well above Mercure standards. I am though, sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the internet rates. This feedback will be referred to our Front Office Manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights. This hotel rates itself 4 stars and is probably only just that, really - so you have to adjust your expectations accordingly. But given that, I thought it was outstanding.
Location - very convenient to where I needed to be near Parramatta (although a longish walk from CBD Parramatta, if that's where you're heading), and with free undercover parking onsite.
Service - very good. I had to make a few requests and changes, that were handled efficiently and well. All the staff were friendly.
Breakfast - we had the buffet one morning which was nothing amaaaaazing but perfectly tasty and the courtyard dining area outside was lovely.
Pool - we didn't use, but it looked great.
Room - very large and I had a corner room with nice curved wrap around windows and a great view. Clean and comfortable with decent amenities. Thoroughly serviced each day.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with wrapped windows are lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Echica1,

Thank you for reviewing the Mercure Sydney Parramatta on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay with us. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the rest of our Mercure team, which will serve as encouragement as we constantly strive to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nothing wrong with this Hotel. However, we had an adjoining room and they should be avoided as the noise from the adjoining room is louder because of the door. The people next door checked in at mid night and had no regard for anyone else but that is not the Hotel's fault. Free car parking is always good. There is a bowling club very close to the Hotel ( turn left out the entrance and go about 100 metres) which had a cheap ($20) buffet which was oretty good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear golfingkiwi,

Thank you for reviewing the Mercure Sydney Parramatta on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed by the people in the room beside yours. At Mercure we offer a 24 hour Reception and are always happy to help settle down noisy neighbours.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed our free car park and the location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stay at this hotel regularly for recreation purposes -great location - close yet far enough away from main Parramatta shopping area and close to the racecourse/ferry terminal/clubs - friendly staff - clean tidy rooms etc - enjoyed a restaurant meall and breakfast daily - never had a problem

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Dob63,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Sydney Parramatta via TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you found our hotel conveniently located to Parramatta and all major transport terminals.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding our Restaurant to our Food & Beverage team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Sydney.

Warm regards,

Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
PARKROYAL Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
Mantra Parramatta
#5 of 12 in Parramatta
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel

Been to Mercure Sydney Parramatta? Share your experiences!