Mercure Sydney Parramatta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mantra Parramatta(Parramatta)
SKYE Hotel Suites(Parramatta)
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the roadrosehill racecourseroom was cleanbowling clubgood sizenext morningfast food outletsconvenient locationbusiness staybar and restaurantnice stayroom servicebuffet breakfastcar parkchecking outreception staffmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights with a weekend package which included free breakfast and a $50 food voucher to use in the restaurant.
The room was a good size and very comfortable. The bathroom while not the worst i have seen needed a bit of an upgrade
All the staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble for them.
Good location with a bus at the door and a supermarket across the road. There is also a hooters restaurant across the road with a good all you can eat buffet next door at the bowling club. There are also fast food restaurants across the road including Kfc, McDonalds, Subway.
The buffet breakfast was good with a good selection of cereal fruit as well as the usual bacon eggs hash brown etc. the restaurant meal though was only average ordered a steak that was overcooked with chips that were undercooked. Cant really complain as most of the meal was free due to the voucher we had

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear wagsAustralia,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Sydney Parramatta on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, friendly staff and well sized rooms.

The Mercure Weekend Offer is certainly value for money and I am pleased you were able to relax and enjoy this.

Your feedback will be shared with our Mercure team.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2013

On arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and smile.Check in was quick and hassall free.Room was clean and well stocked.We were going to the races so location was ideal as the Rosehill Racecourse was just across the road an easy 10 minute walk.Breakfast the next morning was great everything was fresh and cooked well.Checkout was quick and again without hassall.The staff at all times were friendly and helpful.We have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meggieboo_58
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear meggieboo_58,

I would firstly like to thank you for reviewing the Mercure Sydney Parramatta on TripAdvisor.

Here at Mercure, we pride ourselves on warm and friendly customer service. I am so pleased to hear that you were able to experience this.

Our location is indeed convenient to those attending Rosehill Racecourse.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Reviewed January 30, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights midweek at the Mercure Parramatta (Rosehill) whilst on business. Via our company booking agency the rate was just under $150 per night. My room #306 was large had 2 double beds, table, chairs, bench/desk space, fridge minibar and decent sized bathroom. Cleanliness and housekeeping first class, room decor a bit dated and didn't like the bath/shower combo with nylon shower curtain. During my stay the bathroom exhaust duct was not working and the mirror fogged up quickly.
What I noticed was the friendly staff, front desk, bar staff, cleaners, always smiling and helpful, this made up for the fairly plain location about a 20 minute walk from the centre of the Parramatta CBD and most restaurants.
Several staff advised me that walking back from town at night could be a bit unsafe due to some unsavoury types that frequent the area, I think Parramatta gets a bit of bad press and I had no issues. I know this might sound like a Melbourne Vs Sydney thing but Sydney suburban street lighting seems a lot less brighter than Melbourne, in particular residential steets, if you're from Melbourne you will immediately notice this.
I had a hire car and there was plenty of free undercover parking on site.
There was a nice pool area and tennis courts on the mezzanine level just outside the bar and restaurant.
Across the road from the Mercure is a McDonalds, KFC, Subway (I think), Woolworths supermarket and liquor store plus several other take away food restaurants. There are several large parks nearby and a walking/running trail along the Parramatta River. The River Cat ferry service on the river in the CBD that will take you into Central Sydney at Circular Quay in about 50 minutes.
If you didn't have a car and wanted to be closer to the Parramatta CBD restaurants, bars, river cafes and ferry transport you probably might want to stay at the Parkroyal instead.
Try the Lowenbrau German beer hall in Phillip Street which is located in an old church for a big feed and a few steins of beer for something a bit different.
All in all the Mercure suited my needs and was close enough to the industrial area of Silverwater which is where I needed to work.
If senior Mercure managers happen to read this, please give your Parramatta staff a prize!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear H-and-S-Langwarrin,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide such a descriptive review of the Mercure Sydney Parramatta.

I am so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with our Mercure team and I am sure that they will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,