“Oyster Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catalina Restaurant

Catalina Restaurant
Reserve with
Catalina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Rose Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on the shores of Sydney Harbour on Rose Bay, Catalina is a beautiful, airy light-filled restaurant and bar with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening out onto a long curved balcony over the water. In keeping with its harbourside location, the menu features beautifully fresh seafood - Sydney Rock oysters shucked to order; house smoked Tasmanian salmon; whole snapper and barramundi, filleted on the premises - but also a wide range of the best meat and poultry Australia has to offer. A fabulous Australian and global wine list (over 600 wines) and welcoming, attentive service, make this restaurant a must-do Sydney dining experience. Come in all day for the full menu - Catalina doesn't close between lunch and dinner - or graze on bar food overlooking the most beautiful harbour in the world.
Perth, Australia
“Oyster Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

WE flew in from Perth with a recommendation if we really wanted the best oysters we had ever tasted Catalina at Rose Bay was the answer. .It was a special lunch I had planned for myself and my partner who is also a chef. The experience fulfilled my hopes and the oysters blew her away.
The restaurant was very busy on the day but the service, ambience and class of the wait staff was sublime.
Thank you for an unforgettable afternoon which we have every intention of repeating when next in beautiful Sydney Town.
The table was Perfect, the view superb, and my chef/partner (read Lover ) is still talking about it.

• Visited December 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Happy diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my family for my mothers birthday.

The food was great and the atmosphere immaculate. I had never been to this restaurant and it's reputation rang true throughout the whole experience

My mother thoroughly enjoyed herself and the staff were exceptionally attentive and lovely. I was very happy with my time at this restaurant.

Tamworth, Australia
“Amazing dinner at Catalina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Last week took a ferry ride to Rose Bay with two friends, who did not know the area. I hadn't been there for at least 20 years.
After looking about the few shops we had a drink at the pub, really friendly people there, then dinner at Catalina.
The staff at Catalina were very friendly and welcoming and the food excellent. We all ordered different dishes and each one was beautifully presented and delicious. We were quite surprised at the size of the meals.... just right, not lapping over the edge of the plate but not the size of a peanut either. We just ordered a side of green beans (with almonds) to share and that was all we needed.
For a restaurant of this quality I felt the prices were just right.
Would certainly recommend Catalina.
We traveled by ferry from Circular Quay and that added to the lovely experience.
The locals at Rose Bay were also very friendly, when we asked directions.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney
“Catalina of Rose Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My daughter took me to Catalina to celebrate my birthday last month. The view was exquisite! Everyone must have decided that it was a beautiful day to be out, because the car park was very full. Great food and great service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“LOVE Catalina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Drove to Catalina. In such a busy suburb it was a delight to see there is parking right outside the front door. Have to mention the bathrooms - they are amazing, clean and unique. Lovely to sit there and look out over the water and the outside dining area is beautiful on a nice sunny day.
The interior is decorated with taste and the atmosphere is one of relaxing. When we arrived there was a beautiful long table and the patrons had decorated it with huge pink flowers which just looked lovely.

Staff are lovely and attentive. Food was excellent. I really couldn't fault it. Like anywhere no-one can get it right every time as I can see from some of the reviews but my most recent visit (Nov 2013) and the previous were both excellent experiences.

• Visited November 2013