“Had a fabulous meal and service was excellent”

Catalina Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Rose Bay
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the shores of Sydney Harbour on Rose Bay, Catalina is a beautiful, airy light-filled restaurant and bar with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening out onto a long curved balcony over the water. In keeping with its harbourside location, the menu features beautifully fresh seafood - Sydney Rock oysters shucked to order; house smoked Tasmanian salmon; whole snapper and barramundi, filleted on the premises - but also a wide range of the best meat and poultry Australia has to offer. A fabulous Australian and global wine list (over 600 wines) and welcoming, attentive service, make this restaurant a must-do Sydney dining experience. Come in all day for the full menu - Catalina doesn't close between lunch and dinner - or graze on bar food overlooking the most beautiful harbour in the world.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Had a fabulous meal and service was excellent”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the fourth time we have been to Catalinas and as usual the food was perfect along with the service. Really is our one of our favourite restaurants.

• Visited October 2013

“Great food and service but a little disappointed.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service as always. Unfortunately disappointed by the fact that I took my guest for a birthday lunch which I saw noted on the reservation diary but they completely forgot about it.

• Visited October 2013
Judy M, Owner at Catalina Restaurant, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I am so pleased that you found the food and service up to our usual standard, but can only apologise for forgetting to acknowledge your guest's birthday. The service staff are usually very vigilant about birthdays and special occasions, and go out of their way to acknowledge them. We will re-double our efforts to ensure people get the recognition they deserve.
London, United Kingdom
“Another wonderful evening!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We love this restaurant- easily one of our favourites in Sydney. Beautiful location, delicious food, nice wine and good service. Enjoyed a beautiful birthday celebration - such a nice atmosphere- we were lucky to dine early and enjoy the view before the night fell. Its a special occasion place for us- but it never fails and we love coming back! We highly recommend the beef and lemon tart!

Sydney, Australia
“One of Sydney's finest”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family & I came for lunch a couple of weeks ago to celebrate my Birthday. Due to a last minute change of plans we decided to come to Catalina instead of a restaurant in Circular Quay. I only called to make a booking with them an hour before we were about to dine however they were very accommodating in finding us a lovely table with a view on their deck, as I also mentioned to them that I was celebrating my Birthday. The food was served quite prompty, which was presented beautifully & tasted devine too. We ordered the lamb, steak, salmon & pasta with lobster which were all delicious! Plus the service of their staff was impeccable. The Manager even wished me a Happy Birthday once more as we were on the way out leaving the restaurant. I will definitely be coming back again in the near future!

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the top 3 in Sydney”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fresh, high quality food which was worth the price. Only tip - go for lunch/early eve to enjoy the view!

Visited September 2013
Judy M, Owner at Catalina Restaurant, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks for your wonderful endorsement. Even after owning Catalina for 19 years, we continue to strive to make it better and better - clearly we are succeeding!