“SENSATIONAL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catalina Restaurant

Catalina Restaurant
Reserve with
Catalina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Rose Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on the shores of Sydney Harbour on Rose Bay, Catalina is a beautiful, airy light-filled restaurant and bar with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening out onto a long curved balcony over the water. In keeping with its harbourside location, the menu features beautifully fresh seafood - Sydney Rock oysters shucked to order; house smoked Tasmanian salmon; whole snapper and barramundi, filleted on the premises - but also a wide range of the best meat and poultry Australia has to offer. A fabulous Australian and global wine list (over 600 wines) and welcoming, attentive service, make this restaurant a must-do Sydney dining experience. Come in all day for the full menu - Catalina doesn't close between lunch and dinner - or graze on bar food overlooking the most beautiful harbour in the world.
“SENSATIONAL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

After a 15 minute flight from Rose Bay over Sydney, as far as Bondi Beach and the Harbour Bridge, we strolled to Catalinas for lunch. The service was outstanding, the view was brilliant and the menu choices ... too hard to choose between!!! The only negative was the price of the wine - minimum $50 per bottle! Oyster Bay - $100 - now that's a bit rich!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank susang056

Sydney
“Overpriced and Small Portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was very disappointed and the wine list prices are not affordable. Staff were very polite and professional. I was recommended to go there by a friend.Perhaps it was just an off day ? You can't beat the view though. I just wished the meal matched the location. It's the sort of place you would like to give another chance but when you are on a limited income you need to think twice does this restaurant represent good value for money ?

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charles_Goldberg
“Underserviced and overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great views, but the food and service doesn't match the quality of the view. Plenty of other restaurants with a different harbour aspect which offer a good food experience with a less affected attitude and more fun!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank hungry c
Judy M, Owner at Catalina Restaurant, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you feel that way. So many other diners enjoy the food and service every bit as much as the view.
Please contact me personally if there is something specific that happened on the day of your visit to cause you to feel this way. Perhaps I can remedy it.
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Food, Professional Staff & Lovely Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked this restaurant for my son's 21st Birthday and we truly enjoyed every minute of our dinner! From the time we were seated the waiter knew it was my son's birthday. Everything is superb - the service, the location and of course the fine food from entree to dessert (loved that parfait!) right down to coffee... not to mention the excellent selection of wine!

We had a fantastic food experience! The staff are incredibly professional and the service was not to be faulted. I have already started recommending this restaurant! Thank you Catalina for making my son's birthday a memorable one!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ayi2408
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Relaxed fine dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had the pleasure of dining at Catalina during a recent business trip to Sydney with suppliers. It was a pity the sun had gone down by the time we arrived and didn't get the full impact of this wonderful location. Something to look forward to another time, hopefully. We arrived early and so started with drinks at the bar near a roaring open fire that was real and not one of those pretend gas fires, lovely. Once all our party arrived we were seated without preamble and our evening started. I found the service to be proficient, the food delivered to the table in good time, looking fabulous. My main was the lamb and while I was warned it was cooked pink, it ended up a little too 'red' for me and there was some bleeding on the plate. However, the stand out dishes for me was my pork belly, scallop starter and the nights special strawberry souffle desert was a taste sensation. I liked the casual ambience created, there wasn't any of the prentention you can sometimes get at fine dining restaurants, we were able to relax after a good days work. Not many restaurants can get that balance right, but Catalina seemed too. I'd love to come back with my husband when I visit Sydney for pleasure rather than business.

• Visited August 2012