“Great family restaurant”

Good for: Families with children
tessacate88
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I ate at this Italian restaurant at least once a week when I lived in Sydney 20 years ago and always go back when I am in town. It is an unpretentious restaurant that hasn't changed at all. Specializes in pasta and pizza and also serves steak, snitzel, osso bucco, veal parmigana and burgers. Portions are generous but love room for the Italian ice cream, pavlova or continental cakes. They have been in business since 1947 and long may they continue. There should be more like this one.

• Visited August 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Cheap and ever-reliable”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is not fine dining, but typifies a local reliable restaurant, where there is great variety, and the food is always good.
It is bring your own, so if you live in the area, it makes for a cheap quick night out, with no frills, good service, and a solid menu. From burgers to steaks, spaghetti, pizza, fish. They've got it all.
Also do takeaway,

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ronnie51_11
Rose Bay, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Angelina Jolie came”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Haha I loved that Angelina Jolie came to my local joint. Yummy pasta and a cool vibe although the service is a little bit crap. I would prefer it to be less tight too - there is no space to move!

Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Great hamburger”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My granddaughter and I had visited a dismal new restaurant in Paddington, the Red Rabbit, and walked out have left most of what we ordered.
My granddaughter encouraged me to take her to Grandfather's Moustache as she and her Daddy reckon it's the best hamburger place in Sydney.
I do recollect going here a long time ago but not eating many hamburgers now it wasn't on my list.
Hey, what a great surprise. My hamburger with "the lot" included bacon, egg, cheese and lots of salad was fantastic. Just like hamburgers used to be in my youth. Hard to keep the juices from running down my hand but so what did that matter.
It won't be so long before we return for the "best hamburger" in town.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Been here forever”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I ate here as a child, several decades ago, and nothing has changed. The decor is like a trip back to my childhood and the food is still as good as I remember it. Classic Italian dishes done well, as they have done forever. My children especially love the pizza.

Visited April 2013