“Cheap and ever-reliable”

Ranked #18 of 52 Restaurants in Rose Bay
Cuisines: Italian
“Cheap and ever-reliable”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is not fine dining, but typifies a local reliable restaurant, where there is great variety, and the food is always good.
It is bring your own, so if you live in the area, it makes for a cheap quick night out, with no frills, good service, and a solid menu. From burgers to steaks, spaghetti, pizza, fish. They've got it all.
Also do takeaway,

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ronnie51_11

Rose Bay, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Angelina Jolie came”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Haha I loved that Angelina Jolie came to my local joint. Yummy pasta and a cool vibe although the service is a little bit crap. I would prefer it to be less tight too - there is no space to move!

Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Great hamburger”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My granddaughter and I had visited a dismal new restaurant in Paddington, the Red Rabbit, and walked out have left most of what we ordered.
My granddaughter encouraged me to take her to Grandfather's Moustache as she and her Daddy reckon it's the best hamburger place in Sydney.
I do recollect going here a long time ago but not eating many hamburgers now it wasn't on my list.
Hey, what a great surprise. My hamburger with "the lot" included bacon, egg, cheese and lots of salad was fantastic. Just like hamburgers used to be in my youth. Hard to keep the juices from running down my hand but so what did that matter.
It won't be so long before we return for the "best hamburger" in town.

• Visited November 2013
“Been here forever”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I ate here as a child, several decades ago, and nothing has changed. The decor is like a trip back to my childhood and the food is still as good as I remember it. Classic Italian dishes done well, as they have done forever. My children especially love the pizza.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SydneySkier
Sydney, Australia
“Yummy home-style cooking/comfort food”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Get ready for a garlic hit! Its delicious. Gradfather's Moustache has been around for decades and hasn't changed! It is a real 'family' restaurant although great for dropping in with friends too! People eat here at the strangest times (lunch at 4:00pm for example) and the food just keeps coming from the kitchen. The aromas and flavours are of Italian/Continental-style cooking ... and they make great pizzas. If you're on a diet, forget it. They make the best iced chocolate and everything is served in large 'Continental-style' portions. Pasta dishes are yummy ... there is no real 'flair' to the cooking ... its just yummy, home-style Continental cooking; bordering on comfort food. Great for families with younger kids as well.

• Visited January 2011