“Awesome”

Uckfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Having gone to Sydney to watch the cricket, I was left with 2 unexpected free days due to another inept performance from England, and whilst wondering what to do, I saw a seaplane fly over the harbour. Having never been in a seaplane, I wondered what it would be like, so I got my hostel to ring up and try to book me a flight. Jenny in the office was friendly and helpful, and was able to book me in for a flight that afternoon. She immediately emailed me my confirmation and directions of where to go in Rose Bay. A little boat then takes you from the jetty to the plane, where you meet Steve the pilot, who gives you a lifejacket and helps you climb aboard. After that it is simply awesome, the take off, the flight out from Rose Bay to the harbour entrance and then up the coastline to the Hawkesbury River, where we had to land to pick up another couple, then another take off, followed by a flight back over the Northern Beaches from Palm Beach back down to Sydney Harbour where we headed for the Harbour Bridge and Opera House and did a figure of 8 over them so that everyone could get a good view of them and get lots of photos, before heading back down the harbour and landing back in Rose Bay. You just keep finding yourself going 'wow' at the stunning views that unfold just below you. Steve was a friendly laid back chap who kept us well informed with his commentary as we flew and was happy to answer our questions too. We probably got lucky that due to having to pick up the other couple, our 30 min flight was actually over an hour and had 2 take offs and landings, but even so this was an amazing experience that I'll never forget, and would recommend to anyone.

Chard, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sydney Seaplane from Palm Beach via Sydney”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a fantastic trip, very friendly staff that squeezed us in with only a few days notice.
The pilot was lovely and gave us the optional tour guide of the area on route.

We got some amazing pictures and had an amazing day, it was just a shame the sun wasn't shinning.
After the 30 mins (I would allow for 1hr as they have safety checks and have to give you yours too) Seaplane flight we walked around palm beach taking in all the views.
Wonderful flight x

England
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Sea plane - bird eye view of sydney”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We booked this trip for New years Day, which was the ideal time as most of city were still sleeping and most attractions closed. We booked via internet and were promptly emailed reservation details. It is quite pricey at $265 per person for 30mins flight time.
However, the experience was unbelievable. The plane flew very low approx 1000ft and had fantastic views of all the bays, attractions and skylines. There were good seats on plane and the instructor explained the sites and history behind it all.
I highly recommend this trip as must do if you are short on time and not afraid of flights.

Sydney, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Extraordinary afternoon & I'm a Sydneysider!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Organised as a surprise 50th birthday present by my husband. Felt very safe and had amazing afternoon on small quiet beach up on the Hawkesbury. Was great to see the northern coast of Sydney from the air, low enough that u can see where u are. We had the gourmet hamper which was very nice. On return trip pilot heads towards harbour & can see Harbour bridge, Opera House etc. Not sure of the cost but it was worth it. Areas to improve would be a more friendly pilot and clearer and more detailed info via headphones from pilot. There were lots of game goannas on the beach which might be a bit scary for tourists from some parts of the world.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Worth every penny. Very well run felt very safe and was a unique experience. Strongly recommended. One of the best 15 minutes of your holiday!