“Most amazing experience of my life!”

Sydney By Seaplane - Private Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Rose Bay
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Fabulous Seaplane flights around Sydney - 15 and 30 minute scenic flights and sensational fly and dine lunch packages to restaurants on the Hawkesbury River and Day Trips and a range of Gourmet Picnics to beautiful Palm Beach. A must-do for all visitors. Professional, highly experienced crew - Australian owned and operated. Flights from Rose Bay in Sydney Harbour and from our northern base at Palm Beach. Call Jenny anytime to make a booking.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My boyfriend took me on a whirlwind trip to Sydney which involved a surprise seaplane trip to Palm beach with Sydney by Seaplane. The whole day was absolutely amazing and went according to plan. The couple who run the company were amazing and gave us awesome Service! The plane ride was smooth and Steve kept us informed the whole way. When we arrived in Palm beach, we were met on the pier by Jenny who was really welcoming and supplied us with the most delicious gourmet picnic and a bottle of sparkling wine!! If you're a home and away fan like me, you can watch some of the filming and meet some of the actors.
We actually ended up getting engaged whilst we were there and Steve and Jenny just made the day perfect! They even helped us to get some amazing photos before we left. We got to spend about 2 hours or so there before we had to leave.
All in all the whole experience was amazing! It was the most perfect surprise and engagement! I'm glad my fiance choose Sydney by Seaplane. I have recommended them to everyone I know!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Incredible experience!! If you don't want to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, this is the way to go! The flight up the coastline was amazing. Our pilot was awesome - it was his plane and his pride and joy. It was obvious how much he loved his job. Two of the members in our group were pilots and very impressed with his professionalism. Flying back into Sydney was awesome. We flew by the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge - great vantage point. We have been to Australia on another visit. This, by far, was one of the most memorable experiences on this time!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had the pleasure of taking a 30min trip from Rose Bay on 6 Feb. Booked online from UK - no problem - Jenny responded quickly to my query and the information supplied even included the pilot's (Steve) license number and the aircraft reg. As a retired pilot I was impressed and the actual conduct of the flight confirmed my impression that this is a very professional operation.
Do follow the instructions on how to get to their Rose Bay terminal carefully - there's another operator at a different location - and don't be surprised if there's no evidence of any seaplane activity at the jetty; you'll be ferried out to the plane in a tender.
There were the maximum number of pax on our flight - 5 - but the Otter has full views from all seats and Steve makes sure everyone gets the full experience no matter where you sit.
There's no more to be said except that this is a truly exceptional sightseeing flight in an iconic seaplane in the hands of a pilot whose experience and professionalism shows at every stage - and so does his enthusiasm! I envy you, Steve!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family took a seaplane tour of Sydney with Steve Kruger the chief pilot, it was a smooth entertaining flight which showed of the Sydney site to their true potential. He provided interesting Whitty comments on all the areas of Sydney.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

From Rose Bay up the Hawkesbury River and lunch at Cottage Point. Spectacular views and flight over Sydney - breathtaking. Landing on the sea is an interesting and exciting experience!
Yes...it is expensive but save up and just 'DO IT' - it really is worth it!