“Favourite Restaurant For Years Now”
Review of Pizzeria e Cucina

Pizzeria e Cucina
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have been going regularly for a few years now (on our own or taking friends) and always experience the same quality food. The ingredients are always fresh and the kitchen just puts them together perfectly. Easy going place without much fuzz where we have never been disappointed!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend and I tried out this fabulous Italian in Newport on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed! The pizzas are inventive, but remain authentic and simply delicious. We both ordered red wine by the glass which was also good and found the service friendly and efficient. Our only criticism was that it was a bit chilly inside and that the lighting is a bit bright. This will exclude it as a good location for a date night (who wants bright lighting on a date and to shiver in your cute outfit?) Dimmer lighting and maybe even some candles on the tables wouldn't go amiss! Otherwise the decor is lovely and we'll definitely be going back again soon to try out a few more items on the menu.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

You could from approaching this wonderful restaurant that you were in for a treat.The beautiful aroma sailing down the street had me the moment we got out of the car. We chose to have a variety of dishes to share and we were not disappointed. It was hard to decide what was best, the pasta or the pizzas. Both were so fresh and so good, we ended up ordering more because they were just sooooo good. We managed to keep a small amount of room to finish off the night with some yummy gelato, which was superb. The staff were wonderfully warm and welcoming, and we would be more than happy to go back just as soon as possible. If you like pasta and pizza, then this pace will certainly not disappoint .

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Great pizzas. Kids love the cheesy pasta! Always enjoy - kids given pencils and colouring in game sheet with their kids menu. Staff friendly. A great local restaurant .

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Walked into the restaurant in a good mood and left the restaurant feeling sick, hungry and disappointed. The waitress was in a rush and uninformative and lacked personality. I ordered the pork belly main and had to bash the knife hard to get through the overcooked and tough skin. It was also very greasy and presented poorly. My fiancé mistook the spatchcock main for a fish - it was actually chicken and since she is vegetarian was unable to eat it. She ordered a side of sautéed spinach instead and when we hadn't received it after 20 minutes and I was finished my main, we were ready to leave. Shortly after we left, I had a stomach ache from my meal and my fiancé had to go home and cook dinner even though we had to pay for the expensive mix up. $85 later it's obvious to say we were unimpressed. There are definitely better places to dine at in Newport than this restaurant.

1  Thank shepster77