“Kaiseki set dinner fine dining ”
Review of Mino

Mino
Ranked #10 of 142 Restaurants in Mosman
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mosman
Description: Authentic Japanese restaurant with a seasoned Japanese chef.
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

2 couples went for dinner. A popular restaurant full house on a Friday night.
Kaiseki 6 course set menu $48 and $64

4. Main course at your choice
- wagyu steak
- sukiyaki
- eel rice
- fried fish and many more
5. Miso soup & rice
6. Dessert , ice cream and creme brûlée

BYO available.
Each dish nicely presentation and friendly staff.

My friend has been there few times and realised that the menu didn't change. High chance to repeat the same menu.

Reviewed December 29, 2016

I visited on Christmas Eve with my husband. He wanted to order the main meal only and I wanted Kaiseki. Waiter told us everyone need to order the Kaiseki on the same table. The price was slightly increase(use to be $59 I think) but it explained they didn't increase for 7 years on the menu. The quality remain the same in detail. The service were really good. The timing to serve the dishes were very well calculated.
All the dishes are very fine and very complex taste. You can get the same experience you dine in fine Japanese restaurant in Japan.
As such a fine restaurant, we also need to keep the good manner to meet their quality. It is fine to bring kids to this restaurant if your kids are well-mannered.
This is one of the best restaurant if you want to have the memorable dining experience. If you order the alcohol, it may cost for around $100 per person, but it is good enough volume for Kaiseki only. You can refill the rice and miso soup too.
If you go to this restaurant, you should order Kaiseki, not other dishes. You won't regret.
They also have the small Kaiseki couse($48), but they said they don't serve on Sat and Sun.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

Having visited Mino a few times over recent years it was good to revisit recently and again enjoy a terrific meal. The dishes and flavours were impeccable and authentically Japanese and very reasonably priced and it was good to see that their excellent standards have been maintained. Service was attentive and pleasant although a little overstretched with only one very efficient waiter for an almost full restaurant.

Reviewed November 26, 2016

I have been to Mino on a couple of occasions and the food is stunning. In anticipation of friends arriving from the UK I organised a table for 4 people.

We wanted to order the "Kaiseki" course for 3 of the 4 people. I was told in no uncertain terms that this is not possible (even though we asked why the 4th person could not 'join us' at the starter and main course stage) but was met by the rudest response I've ever received in a restaurant and aimed towards shouting at me, it was stunning. The response was, in essence, "if you don't like it, you can always leave"...So we did.

I HATE to bad mouth independent restaurants but both the policy is wrong (and makes people new to Japanese food intimidated) and the Head Waiter was quite simply just rude and arrogant.

I love supporting and enjoying local restaurants but the sheer arrogance has ensured our friend would not enjoy a sample of Japanese food for the first time but we will also not return.

From the smug and argumentative style of the waiter, I doubt this restaurant will care that they have lost a potential regular customer as more will continue to return as the food is fantastic.

We instead went to the Basil Nut in Mosman. Stunning Thai food and service with a smile. What a good restaurant should be. The food should not be the only feature of a restaurant...

7  Thank Lemontea87
Reviewed October 29, 2016

Always a good meal at Mino's. well priced dishes, beautiful presentation, fabulous sashimi. Friendly service. going back soon.

2  Thank thompsonhelena86