“Utterly delicious!”

Ranked #19 of 139 Restaurants in Mosman
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mosman
Description: Authentic Japanese restaurant with a seasoned Japanese chef.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I just returned from my third visit to Mino and each dinner has been superb.
We had the Kaiseki Mino six course dinner on Saturday night for a very reasonable $59. It is the best Japanese degustation I have had at a fraction of the price elsewhere.
It was a visual and taste sensation. Each dish was truly excellent and the experience included both traditional and innovative dishes with the freshest of ingredients. Each time the selection is a little different and I am working my way through the delicious main choices.
The restaurant is small and always packed, but has a calm ambiance. The service is always courteous. This is a hidden gem that will not disappoint!

1  Thank Iznik8

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I went to Mino with my mum and dad and the food was absolutely excellent! They have kind staff and the geyozas are the best i have ever had! Its best to not bring families with kids unless they are quiet and good as that is what I found the mood was when I went there, if that makes sense. The location and presentation from outside is not that great but inside is like going to Japan itself!
Definitely recommend going there!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

If's sad to say but this kind of value for money is extremely rare in Sydney. Typically restaurants are overpriced for the food or service they provide.

It is a small restaurant but with a good atmosphere. The service is very courteous and non-intrusive.
We were there for lunch and walked away with a smile on our faces; a menu of about 5 dishes (a good combo of Japanese cuisine) for AUD$30 per person.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

It was our first visit to Sydney in eight years and we asked friends to recommend a good local restaurant where we could repay their hospitality.
What a wonderful surprise Mino turned out to be.
Situated on a busy road and having a quite narrow entry first impressions are a little misleading. Once inside the positives appear in rapid succession. Staff are friendly and helpful and remain so throughout our meal. They appear just at the right moment but never become intrusive.
Mino has quite a varied menu as well as a Specials list. You may make a selection from a number of banquets which looked very appealing but we opted for the a la carte. Our entrees of Tempura, Sashimi, Dumplings and Edinami Beans were all excellent.Our friends suggested the Seafood Hotpot for a main. What a great choice. Sublime broth with plenty of seafood and vegetables made this a dish to remember. Our other mains were Wagyu beef and Teriyaki chicken both of which were excellently prepared and presented.
The final surprise of the night was the Bill. Value indeed which means we'll need to revisit again well within eight years.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had the opportunity to go to Mino's twice in a week. Once with a work function and next with my partner. Both times the food was excellent quality and consistent in presentation. I had the tempura which is always the testing ground. If the batter is soggy or too bready I won't return. This was not the case and the tempura was very good. On both occasions I had the sashimi plate. Quality fish, fresh and tasty. The snapper was sold out so we had the grilled barramundi. Very good. All the dishes that were ordered at the work function were excellent. The restaurant is very busy so I do recommend making a reservation. Sake and beer is available and is BYO. I was impressed with the Sake menu as well. I will return.