“Couples Review”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miranda
cessnock
“Couples Review”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Metro many times and have always enjoyed it . This time we paid extra for the refurbished room but were very disappointed . While the room was beautifully styled and very clean we found it extremely small and claustrophobic and the lack of a balcony added to this feeling . We had to have the air-con all night to add airflow to the room . I would not stay in these rooms again but would opt for the cheaper ones . The staff as usual were great .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dotticessnock
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. As a guest of Metro Hotel Miranda I value your feed back.
The rooms on the top floor, as you say are very nice, however they do not have balconies, this does make a difference to the rooms, unfortunatley we were not able to add balconies to the top floor, we did try.
As you are aware our original floors all have balconies, which does give all our guests the option of fresh air over air con. Thank you for choosing Metro Hotel, hopefully we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is my second visit to this Hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly.
The location is ideal for my business meetings. The top floor is very comfortable and the views are great towards Sydney.
I arrived after hours and the manager was extremely courteous and helpful as i required internet and a breakfast order.
The customer service was excellent, nothing was to much trouble.

Room Tip: Book level 4 for a wonderful stay
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ross U
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words.
The feed back we get from our guests is always welcome.
Very pleased that you have found Metro Hotel Miranda and the Hotel suits your requirements while in Sydney.
Thank you for choosing Metro Hotel Miranda.
ACT
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A good value for money hotel, with quiet rooms and good location. I stayed one night, prior to an appointment in Sydney, and I was impressed. The lady at the desk was funny and quite a nice person to deal with after a long drive. Considering I had literally just pulled in to Sydney, was good to deal with someone who wasn't stuck up or anything.
I did think it a bit funny that there were signs 'everywhere' for "Don't do this, Don't do that..." was a bit strange, but otherwise the place was quite comfortable. ESpecially the new rooms. Recommend these.

Room Tip: Get the refurbished upper floor rooms. They don't have a balcony - but they are nicer. They do c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RaTTyRaTT
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and your kind words. I am pleased that Metro Hotel Miranda was quiet and comfortable for you, during your stay.
The notices are just there to remind all guests to be respectful and quite and to consider all my guests so they can all have a peaceful nights sleep, as you did.
Cathy, the lady at front desk who checked you into the hotel is such a nice person. its all about customer service and that is what we all work toward at Miranda.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our room was comfortable, quiet and we had the pleasure of cockatoos and another brightly coloured parrot on our small balcony. Staff were helpful and for its locality, it was better than I had expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan M
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Metro Hotel Miranda.
The local bird life is amazing and the birds do get spoilt by our guests.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff were helpful and friendly.
New Zealand is not so far away so hopefully we may meet again some time soon.
Once again thank you for choosing Metro Hotel Miranda for your destination in Sydney.
Dunedin
Reviewed November 19, 2012

On most occasions you get disappointed by a hotel. In this case I had simply booked as it was walking distance from a morning meeting. the out side of the hotel is a bit run down and you prepare yourself for the worst. Even the lobby is a bit shabby (like a hostel) but nonetheless I knew that they had charged me a very fair rate so I sent ahead. I had paid a little bit more for the superior rooms (4th floor) and on leaving the lift I was actually surprised. The room is small but clean, modern and very functional. It was quite and the trimmings were more than expected. This hotel keeps reminding me that it IS the small things that matter - very friendly (helpful) staff and a hot chocolate before dinner. Next time I have a meeting in Miranda I will stay here!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the top floor. it gives you a desk and is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank craigsmithdc
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review.
Your kind words are appreciated. I am so pleased Metro Hotel Miranda was, " a nice little surprise". and the Hotel suited your requirements.
You are so correct, its the little things that make all the difference and hot chocolate is definitely one.!!!
Thank you for staying with us, hopefully we may meet again in the future.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

External parking very cramped, undercover parking almost impossible to get into with anything but a small car due to tight bends.
Bathroom very tired, broken tiles with black stains in grout. Lifts and passages quite dirty.
Would comment on the breakfast ordered but it failed to be delivered.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Adelongnsw
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Car Parking at Metro Hotel Miranda is always very busy however there are 3 levels of undercover parking under the building which is very easy to access. The top 2 car parks are the closest to reception which is why most of my guests choose to park at that location.
Always check with reception as in Sydney, Parking is always at a priority.
Lifts at this location are used by 8 businesses one being a Gym, the lifts are cleaned every day.
Bathrooms in our balcony queen rooms are being upgraded how ever I can assure you they are all very clean.
I do apoligise in regard to the breakfast not being delivered, if you wish to contact me I will personally look into this for you.
I am very sorry we did not meet your requirements if you wish to stay with us again please call me direct and I will personally look after your booking.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miranda
Eventhouse Cronulla
#1 of 1 in Sylvania
Caringbah Hotel
Caringbah Hotel
#1 of 1 in Caringbah

Been to Metro Hotel Miranda? Share your experiences!