“Great food, great service!”
Review of Thai Splendid

Thai Splendid
Ranked #12 of 60 Restaurants in Miranda
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very convenient for dinner before an evening show at the cinema.
The food is great with a wide variety and good portion sizes.
The service is excellent.

Tips: Ask for a table in the larger street facing area, otherwise you are stuck with a constant view of chavs entering JB HiFi

• Visited April 2013

Sydney, Australia
“AMAZING”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm Thai and I think this place is amazing!!!!!! I get this to eat I and take away.
The staff are attentive and the food is amazing!!

Never let down!

• Visited April 2013
Sydney
“Authentic Thai flavour”
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We always have lunch here with my girlfriends and kids, we love the barramundi fillets in chile sauce also soft shell crab with papaya salad, pork belly jam of course the seafood fried rice.

Sydney, Australia
“My goodness how dreadful!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I cannot believe this restaurant has had one single good review.
If anyone has been to Thailand and eaten, this is a disgrace to even call this restaurant Thai, and as for "Splendid" they need to look in the dictionary.

We went there when it first opened a few years ago and had an OK meal (which is why we went back) However this time it was horrid, we did not eat our dishes as they were all so sickly sweet.

Absolutely nothing like Thai food is meant to be. Having said that all the Thai restaurants in this part of Sydney are the same, horridly sweet. After reading these other reviews, maybe people like sweet thickly coated food,

We had a pork dish that was absolutely vile. I think the main reason people go here is it is close to the cinema. (We also asked for our food to be more authentic and not so sweet.)

A waste of time, money and even if I was desperate I would not eat here.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Gunda_10
Sydney
“Good decent Thai, in a great location”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I went here a fortnight ago with a friend from Scotland, who was in Australia on holidays. We had the lunch menu, where you can pick a dish with rice for $12. My friend had the Masaman Beef Curry and I had the Chicken with Cashew Nuts. Altogether the meals were $15 each once we included our drink. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant at lunch time rather than at dinner, where the menu tends to get very expensive. Though, the food overall is fantastic and the location is so convenient, situated at the bottom of Westfield Miranda, on the Corners of Urunga Parade & Kiora Road. The train station is also across the road.

• Visited May 2012