“My 9th annual stay at the Milson”

Milson Executive Apartments
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“My 9th annual stay at the Milson”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I obviously like it after 9 years staying there . Ask Debbie for a room higher than the 6th floor with large balcony overlooking the Bridge and Lavender Bay . Excellent location in North Sydney for shops , dining , pub
Ferry , trains .
Good swimming pool on 2nd floor .
Only minus is noise from Lunar Park funfair below .

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

we found our whole experience excellent from start to finish.Debbie was easily contactable on our arrival and a smooth check in and briefing on the apt.The apartment was 107 and was of a good size clean and well presented with a pleasant view over the causeway to Cremorne with harbour glimpses and a good size balcony. the apt wasn't flashy but very comfortable with everything you could need. Very good value,prompt and friendly service and good location for trains or walk over the bridge to the city.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bowen
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked into the Milson executive apartments for a five night stay. I booked here due to the convenient location and the hotel I usually stay at was fully booked.

The check in procedure was via the real estate office out the front which had an aura of a busy place with nobody to help declutter all the boxes of paperwork. Not a particularly grand welcome to the residences. The check in girl (Anna) was quite welcoming and happy to assist with any assistance. She may be better suited to working in a more professional environment.

I entered the room and it was very clean and tidy, but looked a little unusual in the way it was set up. The fridge was situated on the carpet next to the television in the living area of the room, with the microwave on top of it. Turning around I noticed the washing machine and dryer were also sitting on carpet behind the entry door with no drainage to be seen.

The electrical setup was a joke. In order to operate the microwave I had to retrieve a 4 PowerPoint extension cord which then hung in the air between the tv and fridge. Unsightly and dangerous. To operate the washing machine and dryer, another power pack was needed, pulling it into the bathroom and hanging in the air dangerously. The plumbing was via a rough pipe drilled into the wall and connected to the bathroom plumbing. All the pipes and cords yet another dangerous and unsightly addition to the room.

I suspect this is a hotel room they have decided to market as a serviced apartment.

Not all bad though. Nice and clean with an excellent location.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Stuart W
Debbie G, Manager at Milson Executive Apartments, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Once again we cannot please everyone however we do wonder how these photos were taken when we have our items plugged into a power pack or power point. I actually have the before photos and once we returned this apartment to original state once the guest had left (after this setup for the obvious purpose of photos) we are more than comfortable for any council or OH&S inspector attending any of our apartments.
Safety and comfort of our guests is paramount to us however what a guest does once in an apartment can obviously compromise us.

Travelers are raving about these Milsons Point hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

On check-in the office was reasonably helpful, we stored our bags for the day and came back later, we were showed to our apartment by a nice lady that explained everything to us. The car park was a bit hard to find no signage which was not easy.
Our stay was pleasant, room needs a few more kitchen items to make it more user friendly. Then on the day we left it was a public holiday and we had rung ahead to organise bag storage for the day again which was supposed to be at the office again, only to find out by a very impersonal letter we received under our door that the office would be closed and we could store our bags at CENTRAL RAILWAY STATION. Who in their right mind would travel with 4 young children to central to store bags, then we were told check out was exactly 10 and no later. This is where our problem started, some very angry man turned up at our door at 10.10 to say leave it is check out time and started shouting at us in front of the children. Then he said to get our car out immediately and leave. In all my years of customer service I was taught to listen to the guests problems and offer solutions, not to shout at them. Never ever stay here, worst experience of customer service ever. There are many better places to stay in Sydney, try Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde or Meriton serviced apartments Zetland.

Room Tip: Do stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Oats2013
Victoria
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Now I'm afraid that this is going to be quite a long and complex review as this property is an enigma of the Sydney accommodation market and frankly I'm still not quite sure of what to make of it. To set the scene we had decided to visit Sydney with the whole family(Wife and 3 daughters 7,11 and 13) for the whole school holidays with a stop off at Canberra on the way home. I know Sydney well having spent a lot of time there in my youth and I wanted the kids to see Sydney in all its glory and remain close to my old haunt of Kiribilli where I had some business to attend to. Now I usually stay at the fine Park Hyatt when in Sydney on business but with the full family in tow I required more space and noticed the three bedroom luxury apartments offered seemed nice. Now these are located in "The Point" building in Alfred street right on the harbour and just across the park from Kiribilli and boasted spectacular views, three large bedrooms, two bathrooms and three toilets (more about those later) a full laundry, Miele kitchen etc etc etc ... The full luxury spec so to speak. The price at around $4500 for all this ( identical apartments are on sale in this building for $4 million ) seemed very reasonable so I booked 8 nights and away we went. On arrival I checked into the office ( these are privately owned apartments in a residential building ) which was a local real estate agency who obviously manages them as serviced apartments. The staff at the desk were ok and after using their computer to transfer payment ( they need to get a better system they don't accept cheques) they walked me down to show me the parking area under the building. Now the parking for our apartment (we were in number 301) was in a underground secure basement car park that was incredibly tight but eventually I piloted the unfamiliar car I was driving into one of our two allocated spaces and unpacked. Now there is no luggage trolly and all lifts are key card operated so getting our luggage up was a real struggle and perhaps was the first indication that while the location and building might be of a 5 star standard the actual amenities and service was going to fall way short of that level. The apartment itself was very nice, some might say spectacular with uninterrupted views of the harbour and bridge (only the Opera House was missing as it was hidden by the bridge pylons) luxury abounded with comfortable beds and what seemed to be everything you might want at your fingertips. But looks can be deceiving and the apartment is in my view very flawed by both its basic design and by the fit out being inadequate. One of the bathrooms (the main family one)had no shower screen and flooded the whole room whenever the shower was turned on effectively rendering it useless except to brush your teeth. We all had to shower in the ensuite which had a half screen and while it was still wet on the floor it was usable but still annoying and not what I'd expect.The shower heads themselves were awful and the alternate rain heads leaked water into the ceiling you could clearly see the stained plaster work as it had been going on for some time. If you wanted to rent this place out for three adults it would be impossible to manage the bathroom situation as it really was that bad. While the place had nice appliances ( Miele ) the rest of the fittings were poor. No TV at all in the main bedroom, a flat screen with foxtel in the main living connected to a home theatre that didn't work at all and wouldn't play DVD's ( kids had to watch on laptop all week ) Wooden blinds that were broken and didn't work. Very little in the way of glassware and crockery and what was there was cheap and nasty. No manuals for the ovens, dishwasher, TV or laundry appliances. The apartment didnt have a vaccum cleaner at all.There was a sophisticated computer controlled lighting system that was difficult to use and to add to the bathroom woes there was also poor lighting in the bathrooms.To top it all off there was the stench ! A rancid and horrible smell in the laundry of raw sewerage that spread out into the main living area unless you kept the door closed. I spoke to the cleaners about this smell and she told me it had always been there and it was a issue with the plumbing that hadn't been addressed.
When I left I felt sorry for the property because it could easily be so good, probably the best accommodation in Sydney but was let down so badly by a series of seemingly small issues that just added up to make a 5 star property just average. All of this could easily be fixed ($2000 on proper shower screens and shower heads would improve the property massively) but I'm not sure Milson Executive is in a position to ask its obviously vacant landlords to do so.
This place is so close to perfect ... But so far away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank DrPopper
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2013

That's what I called my apartment in Sydney for the 3 months I was here. I was fortunate to be referred to Milsons Executive Apartments by a colleague and staying with them made my trip to Sydney memorable. I'm surprised to see some of the negative reviews below and my guess is that this was a case of misplaced expectations. My take -

What Milsons Exec Apartments are not -
- They aren't 5 star serviced apartments - the kind that have people at their beck and call and the kind that clean your place every day
- The apartments are owned by various people and thus the quality of the furniture, paint, etc. does differ from one apartment to another.

What Milson Exec APartments are -
- Paradise. I've said this before and will say again - you will be hard pressed to find as gorgeous views of Sydney.
- Great if you want to call a place home. This is great for people who get sick of hotel rooms after a couple of days. These are spacious apartments (often comfortable for 3-4 people/ideal for families) and you have your own kitchen to cook, etc. You do have someone clean your place once a week as well.
- The gym isn't great but hey, it could be worse. They do have a small swimming pool but if you really fancy a swim, I suggest walking down the road to the famous North Sydney swimming pool. Swimming under the harbour bridge is quite an experience.

Things that can be improved
- The paid internet wasn't great where I stayed. I used shared 3G via the personal hotspot on my iPad. I was on Vodafone and the connection worked great. High speed internet would be brilliant.

Room tips
- Debbie, the owner, was very upfront about the pros and cons of the apartment choices. I'd approached her during a busy period and there were few left. She recommended I stay in Apartment 101 over another that had a view of the harbor bridge (i.e. the view). I didn't regret the choice - the apartment had been recently furnished and was in great shape. Additionally, I loved the view over Lavender bay - it's quieter than the one over the bridge as you don't hear the trains go past as much.
- So, my advice would be to ask Debbie for advice.. and don't fret too much if you don't get a harbor bridge view. You can't go too wrong with these views - trust me.

Overall, Debbie and team are very professional and very helpful. They went out of their way to help me multiple times. I think I really lucked out with this place.. and I'll never forget these 3.5 months in paradise.

Needless to say - the experience was 10/10.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rrohan189
Cheshire
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Warning:
The reviews on TA are to put it mildly - mixed.
You should note that this is a block of flats, not a hotel. Some people live here all the time and other’s rent out for periods of time. either directly or via an agent. You therefore need to bear in mind that each and every flat will be different in not only layout and position but also in state of facilities available, repair and decorative style.

We wanted a modern fitted apartment which was of a very good quality on the highest floor available with a good view of the bridge. I had a number of reviews with Debbie both on the phone and via email.regarding various available apartments and booked the one she chose. If you are considering this location - contact Debbie of Milson Executive Apartments -info@milsonexecutive.com.au or tel 02 9959 3450 for her advice.

Reason for Stay:
Wanted a base in order to visit the sites of Sydney over a 7 day period.Needed a facility to make our own meals when required, keeping our laundry up to date prior to making and extended trip to New Zealand but mainly a place to be able to relax.
It turned out to be ideal choice.

Location:
Overlooking the Harbour Bridge on the north side with a ferry terminal and train station within 5 minutes walk. Food shops and many varied eating places all within walking distance.

Reception:
This is at the managing agent’s office on the ground floor. They took us up to the apartment and gave us a full briefing of all the functions and facilities available.

Parking:
Secure parking inside the block is available which was useful for a few friends we had who visited us.

Accomodation:
Our apartment featured a very large living/dining room with tv and dvd with air-conditioning. All furniture was modern and in good condition.
There was also a small but well equipped adjoining kitchen and large balcony offering great views. The large bedroom with en-suite also had a washing machine and dryer. There is also free use of a swimming pool in the block.

Value:
We paid about Aus $220 per night with a cleaning fee which compared with hotels offering similar quality was extremely good value.

Summary:
The managing agent Debbie had a number of apartments from different owners available. By contacting Debbie direct by email and phone I was able to outline our individual requirements fully and the result was entirely successful and would definitely stay in this apartment again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an apartment as high as is possible and one that has a good view of the Harbour Br...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The Rocks
Holiday Inn Old Sydney
Holiday Inn Old Sydney
#45 of 179 in Sydney

Been to Milson Executive Apartments? Share your experiences!