“horror” 1 of 5 bubbles

Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments
sydney
“horror”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Cells indeed...Phone Message FALSE ADVERTISES FREE Coffee, Pastries, Newspaper and A/C contolled from your room..WELL THATS RUBBISH AND ALL FALSE... FREE!! Ask for something again and you'll be put in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT!! I Couldn't even get an extra little milk for tea and coffee, instead I was sent to a vending machine to purchase it.
I felt like I was in prison and the girl at the front desk was like a prison officer AND THE DRACONINE OWNER, Well don't get me started, perhaps they are mother and daughter, VERY RUDE, UNHELPFUL, UNWELCOMING and as someone else commented everything seems such an effort, the rooms are stark and you can't even slighlty open a window, you can't control the A/C and so on and so on...If it wasn't that the apartments are still quite new, this property would have no business.!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed for one night after having to overnight close to the airport following a corporate function. The hotel is the newest offer in the airport area and the rooms still have a new, fresh look about them. The good - the rooms seemed relatively quiet given the proximity to the airport runway and major road, the room facilities were comfortable for a short stay and the location is convenient for airport access. The bad - the service is fairly ordinary, when I asked for a taxi to be called I was told it would be better to go down the road to another hotel to get one, the front desk is only open for limited hours and the beds were very uncomforable already (you could feel the springs). So its on par with average airport hotels - ok for one night but I wouldn't like to stay there any longer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

We were a little disappointed with these apartments. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with a bath so our 16 month old child could vent some energy between flights. The apartment was clean but felt a little stark. Staff were friendly but not overly helpful. We were supplied with bathroom plugs which didn't fit the plug holes of the basin or bath and staff could not locate suitable replacements which was disapointing.

Not the usual quality we'd expect from a quest hotel/apartment.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I honestly don't know where to start with my experience at quest. I stayed here for nearly 2 months for work and was so happy the day I checked out. I have read past reviews referring to the rooms as "cells" and I can't agree more.

Service:
The service was horrible. Everything was an inconvenience, whether it was asking for advice about surrounding areas or whether it was possible to borrow a cooking utensil as the utensils supplied in the room were not sufficient. Colleagues of mine overheard the reception staff ( one I believe is the owner) discussing me. I must admit there was one friendly staff member. If I had a question, I would usually wait a day until she was working again so I could receive some service for a change.

Rooms:
The rooms are tiny. The windows are locked shut and can not be unlocked, even after requesting permission from hotel staff. There is no oven in the room so, if after reading that there are cooking facilities you expect one, don't be disappointed. Even though the windows have been sound-proofed a large amount of airport noise can still be heard

Cleanliness:
While staying here I had a problem with cockroaches in my room. I found them in my kitchen, bathroom, walls and even two on my bed. A few of my colleagues did too. A couple of us had our rooms cockroach bombed during our stay. The room servicing really varied. For a while everyday my room was serviced which included making the bed, emptying the bins and receiving new towels. Then a few days would go by and no service. A colleague of mine waited 5 days to have her kitchen bin emptied. when she enquired why the long wait, the cleaners told her that her "do not disturb" sign had been on her door everyday. She definitely hadn't had her sign up. Another colleague noticed that her "new clean" bedsheets were actually the same sheets used over again but turned over the other way when she noticed her lipstick mark on the sheet.

Gym:
The "gym" is actually a room with a few pieces of fitness equipment and is $5 to use.

Overall I really didn't enjoy my stay here. It is convenient to the airport however but I would try the stamford across the road or holiday inn a few streets down.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank world_traveller911
Perth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

If you are staying overnight because you have to be near the airport then maybe ok but for any length of time I woulg go somewhere else in future. Some reception staff are great and some have no idea nor care to. The studio rooms are like a cell. Windows can't be opened, pokey rooms, hard beds and minimal kitchen equipment. Blood spot on the bed one day after the room was serviced (not mine). Security of the rooms is not great. I was able to push my door open some days when I returned to my room. There is much
nicer options close by so try those first.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Newcastle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

This hotel boasts that it isn't noisey and yet there is a fair bit of noise if you are used to a quiet environment. The other Sydney Airport Hotels were much quieter. The one staff member that fronts the desk was very helpful, friendly and approachable, however there was so much not on the booking, regardless of requests, confirmation and a phone call. We had to re-iterate the extra bed, the parking etc again.

We got the sofa bed as a two bedroom apartment was not available, it was the most uncomfortable bed and was barely made with just a set of sheets. No-one came to make it or set it up etc. The main bed was awful as it was 2 beds pushing together with a huge gap in the middle and was extremely hard and uncomfortable. There was not enough crockery for 3 people either, so we had to wash up and get creative for dinner and breakfast.

Even though we paid for a third person, there were no extra towels so we waited half an hour at reception because the staff member was busy. We asked for a plug for the bath and waited at reception but they could not locate one and said it would be delivered to the room. It never came despite several phone calls. A bath was one of the reasons this hotel was chosen for our 4 year old.

The restaurants that are recommended for take away were ridiculous. It was a Sunday and yet the Chinese restaurant could not understand our order when we used a number or name of the food. After 15 minutes I/we gave up and chose the Thai restaurant. Even though they advised a 20 minute wait, we needed to call them back as the order took over 1 1/2 hours to deliver. We had to go to reception to get i, we were exhausted and needed to go to bed.

AS there was only 1 staff member at any time, it was futile to do anything about the noise around midnight for over 2 hours in the corrider and rooms next to us, knocking constantly on our door and yelling out. There were people having a party and this was not conducive to families staying at this hotel.

To top this off, taxis do not come to this hotel, they don't come when called as they have to turn around up the street and this is inconvenient. We had to catch an international flight the next morning and the coach transfer was a little early so we didn't choose this option. We had to get a trolley and walk our luggage down to the Sir Stamford to get a taxi (there is a significant amount of luggage with a 4 year old). Once there the staff were extremely efficient at getting us in the cab and we had to return the trolley to the hotel. It took another 1/2 hour to do all this, but there isn't any warning about taxis on the website. The nightly rate was not cheap either, so we expected much more.

You could also hear the traffic, the guests partying and the planes and we have stayed at two other 4 stars and not heard any of this noise before. They need more staff when busy as there was absolutely no service except a friendly hello at the beginning. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank loveholidays11
Mudjimba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

The entire complex is wonderful, all new fresh clean and spacious. We could not fault our stay there. The staff (both day and night) were smiling, happy and very helpful.
If you need airport accommodation, we can not recommend this establishment highly enough, much better than others around, that are old, dated and pokey little rooms.
We found the Quest Serviced Apartments at Mascot to be a real gem, a thankyou to their staff. Very very happy.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple