“Make sure you have a car”

Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments
“Make sure you have a car”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The bonus is that it is walking distance to the domestic airport. Other than that not much else. Overnight transiting would be ok but I was staying here for a few weeks.

No free internet. The appartment has a kitchen but the closest major supermarket is about 5km away. There is nothing to do in the area, so make sure you have a car as the public transport in the area is not good.

Went to use the small gym but it was being used for a conference, not sure how or why.

Doesnt appear to be the safest of areas to walk around out at night, so again, if you do want to cook and do not have a car be prepared to order in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked this to be close to the airport for 1 night due to an early flight out of Sydney. We were mislead on the photos provided for the room we booked (Studio Room) which showed a much bigger room with lounge chairs. This was a small room with a small kitchenette on one wall and a small table with 2 chairs under a small window.

There are no cafe's or restaurants nearby.

We learnt from the Airport Shuttle that they pick up from every hotel near the airport so next time we will look elsewhere. Overpriced at $208 per night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and I recently had a trip in Australia, and this was our last stop before we said our goodbyes. I booked a 1 bedroom apartment and a 2 bedroom apartment, and I stayed in the latter. There is a small kitchenette with pots and pans available and a nice large lounge area. The unit is wheelchair accessible. The main bedroom has an ensuite shower and toilet, so this made taking showers easier, The beds were very comfortable, however for my cousin who was sleeping on the sofa bed in the 1 bedroom apartment said that the sofa bed sunk in the middle (and so he could not sleep!). We had a view of the road in front of us, so that is nothing to shout about but it was nice and quiet.

Overall it was a very good accommodation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

WOW what an experience : this accommodation was not even close to what I thought it would be... On arrival i was greeted by friendly staff and a perfectly clean and welcoming foyer.
arriving @ my room and opening the door.. what a Surprise... a panoramic view over the airport and the bay. Fresh, full of light and every single convenience you could imagine. Soft bed, ipod charger docks, TV, Kitchenette : mini laundry & a couch. Who needs 5 star sardine living when you can feel @ home and be 5min to the airport and 15 to the city.
This is a stay i will never forget. My guests where delighted and what more could i ask for.
100% recommend this property not only for the 5 star service and immaculate rooms but for the Herb garden @ the entrance...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney Airport
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Close to all the Sydney Airport services, with clean well appointed rooms that are quiet and lack nothing of note. The staff were friendly and reliable and willing to support a range of local restaurants and services. A shuttle service to both International and Domestic terminals was cheap, fast and efficient. Highly recommended for that overnight stay between flights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My second experience at the Quest Mascot, doesn’t get much worse and I warn fellow travellers. Everything about the Quest Mascot is cheap, the first night my single bedroom apartment was like a sauna, upon check-in I asked if the air-conditioning had been repaired from my previous stay, answer was yes…..reality was no! The advertised king size bed is two single beds pushed together with a ridge, very uncomfortable and once again cheap for the expensive price charged. A few unwanted flea’s, bed bug or mosquito bites on the first night, the second night I was ‘eaten alive’ with 30-40 severe bites all over my body. I complained the next morning and was told housekeeping would take a look. Upon my return after work I enquired what had been done to remedy the infestation problem, I received a blank look. I asked to see the manager; alas Mr Matt Child was not available or interested in my severe discomfort. I was offered a room change which I gladly took, no assistance to move from the 7th floor to the 1st floor.

The airport company I was working for suggested the Quest Mascot, after they saw the state of my infected hand and many unwanted bites; further recommendation is in doubt.

Over priced, no service and bed bug, fleas or other undesirable extras are on the cards when you stay at Quest Mascot. Think hard before you make the same mistake as I did.

Mr Child, thank you for this unforgettable and severely uncomfortable experience.

Room Tip: Not at the Quest.