“The perfect Studio”

Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments
Vincentia NSW
“The perfect Studio”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is the best Studio apartment we have ever had. The kitchenette was so well equipped with more than adequate saucepans, frying pan, utensils and bowls.

We only made the online reservation 5 hours before we checked-in. Upon arrival our check-in was handled efficiently and with a smiling face. The location is only 10 minutes walk to the Domestic Terminals.Secure under cover car parking is only $20 a day, Great value for money.

The room itself was absolutely spotless and furnished with great king size bed. The bathroom was well equipped with soap etc. Rooms overlooking the domestic terminal are probably best

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the airport are probably best
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Having recently return from the USA where I was "treated" to some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life, my experience with Quest Mascot was the complete opposite. Everything from the friendly smile I received when greeted upon check-in to the meticulously presented rooms was first class. If it is a transit hotel or short stay location if you are working in the nearby area I would definitely recommend Quest Mascot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Absolutely terrible service. Actually I don't think they know what service is!!
After booking on-line through Flight Centre, Quick Beds I emailed the hotel directly to take advantage of the pantry service as we were arriving late at night and airport shuttle transfers. I was told that taxis would not pick up from the Airport it was too close so I thought I had booked the transfer services for pick-up and drop off. I thought I booked all this 1 month in advance of arrival.
On arrival with my infant son I found no shuttle service and when I called them they told me the last shuttle had already been past. I was told to get a taxi! Then on arrival at the hotel we were locked out and I called them back only to find the phone number was no longer reachable. There was a note on the door to call the night manager to be let in. So the previous lady I had only spoken to 5 minutes earlier had not bothered to tell the night manager we were arriving and she had switched off her phone after being told to get a taxi! So there we were in the middle of the night my infant son and I waiting outside until the night manager came to open the doors. He managed to get the doors open quickly but then proceed to ask me to fill in all the forms. We had not been shown into a room, we had not been invited to sit down, we had just come off a long haul flight and I had my baby in my arms. How did he expect me to fill in forms with my baby and all luggages in my hands???
I checked with him that we were going to be collect the next morning by the shuttle and he said that the day staff would organize all this.
When I woke up I had the most terrible migraine and did not have any pain killers on me. I phoned reception to ask for some and they told me they could not give me anything and they could not organize anyone to go to the nearby shop to buy me any. So I got my son dressed and packed up everything and check-ed out as quickly as possible. I was then told that we had not been booked on the shuttle and we would have to make our own way to the airport. I asked how we could do this as been previously told taxis would not collect us as it is too close. The girl just looked at me and offered to book a taxi!!! We waited and waited and waited. Me with my massive migraine pushing my baby up and down the street. No taxi ever came but to my surprise the shuttle did come. So I asked the driver if he would kindly drop us off at Terminal 2. He said he would. I will never ever stay at this hotel or any Quest managed property again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Smakh
mathew c, General Manager at Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments in relation to your stay at Quest Mascot.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few points that you questioned in your review.

Our operational times are posted on all websites and unfortunately our staff on occasion do need to leave on time, as this was the case on the night in question to meet last transport links in order to safely get home.
Our night manager is on site through out the duration of ''out of office hours'' for any emergency. It is a requirement to have all forms filled in regardless of the hour, prior to check-in to ensure the safety of all our guests. Unfortunately due to the time that you arrived this may not have been convenint for you or handled in the manner to which you may have been expecting.

In relation to the shuttle bus, these services are not controlled by the hotel or operated by the hotel and we therfore have little control of their actions and we strongly reccommend all our guests to re-confirm all bookings on the day of arrival or departure. As mentioned by the staff member a re-confirmation was required for a morning pick up, with reception staff able to assist from 6 am. Taxi's will drop of to the domestic terminal but they need to be flagged from the street as from experience waiting for a called taxi may take extened time. This is due to the distance being less than 1km to the domestic terminal.

All medicines including paracetamol are not able to be administered by our staff to guests, this is part of our OHS policy and we maintain a strict policy in relation to this. Unfortunately when you requested the medicine there was no staff member available to walk the 100 metres across the road to the convenience store.

I thank you for your comments and we will review all policies with relation to transportaion assistance to and from the airport.

We wish you all the best with your future travels.

Kind Regards

Mathew Child
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Quest Mascot (Sydney Airport) is about 10 minutes walk from the Domestic Terminal. We stayed in the Studio room type and it was a good choice. We were located on Floor 8 facing towards the airport - so a fantastic location for train spotters. The rooms are serviced everyday and a good 3+ rating. Its also just a 10 minute walk to Mascot Train Station and then only two stops to Central station. Its also a cheaper option to get off at Mascot compared to the Domestic terminal train station which costs $16.20 from city. There is also a Spar Supermarket next to Mascot station.

Room Tip: High Floor airport facing
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tree1234
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

As an airport transit hotel is is great, easy walking distance to the Domestic Terminal. The rooms are clean and modern. Though close to the airport you do not hear much aircraft noise in the room.

Staff seemed freindly.

While the room rate was not too bad, you have to pay for everything else and prices are quite steep.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SometimesSkiing
New Zealand
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good, clean, new, convenient apartment style hotel very close to Sydney Airport (walking distance). If you are not looking for all the pampering of a luxurious hotel, and are not making the hotel part of your holiday experience, this is a great place to stay near to the domestic side of the airport. It is one of the most economic without compromising on cleanliness or style. Especially good for spending a night at before catching an early flight.

Room Tip: Booking online will often get a better rate
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank GertrudeLowtherBell
melbourne
Reviewed December 21, 2011

excellent and as usual quest are nice and quiet. rooms at the top at the back overlook the aiport

Room Tip: have stated there now 3 times and is excellent rooms at the top at the back overlook the airport
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business