Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments
$186
$158
  • Restaurant
The Branksome Hotel & Residences(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$109
$105
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$126
$99
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$113
$101
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Mascot Central(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$80
$129
$125
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$90
$91
$83
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the airportmuesli barcorn flakesdomestic terminalapartment was cleancomplimentary breakfastthe sofa bedone bedroom apartmentcourtesy buswalking distancenice staybusiness trippublic transportshort tripshuttle serviceeasy walkhire car
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I had read the rather mixed reviews of this hotel and booked with some trepidation. However, after checking out the competition on the internet this appeared to be the best of a bad bunch - the other airport hotels were either incredibily expensive or the cheaper ones were a bit too basic (tv bolted to wall in cell-like room, that sort of thing). So on arrival I was pleasantly surprised. The staff on the front desk were pleasant and helpful and our room was bright and modern. We could see planes coming into land but there was no noise. We managed to find a parking space on the road outside - you are limited to 3 hours between 8am and 6pm but after 6 you can leave the car outside overnight without penalty. To park in the hotel's car park was $20. I find it incredible that an airport hotel should charge for parking - it's not like it's in the centre of town. Ridiculous.

The local restaurants and take-aways are a 5 minute walk away on the main high street - pretty uninspiring on the whole. There is a good wine shop and a small IGA supermarket.

On the whole, for a one night stopover, it was absolutely fine albeit far too expensive at £108 a night considering you don't get all the amenities of a "proper" hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I stayed twice within a fortnight here - for work in the Masot area and, I've got to say, the hotel was pretty unremarkable.

Both rooms were clean and well serviced, kitchen had enough equipment for a meal - and the double glazing kept the aircraft noise down. For a business traveller the place was neither terrible nor fantastic.

I agree with a previous reviewer - an iron with a cord that actually reaches the length of the ironing board would be appreciated!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed here for a month, and apart from the expected hello at check in they never once made an effort to see how we were going or if we needed anything for such a long stay. Reception staff never left there desks, if you needed an extra towel, which we had to ask for every day of our stay as was only ever give 2 towels when we had 2adults and 1child, they said we had to come to reception to get them. You would think they might ask housekeeping to make sure we got the extra towels for a month stay. We found the reception staff and even managers not friendly (apart from one), everything was always a nuisance for them, like asking them to fax something for me (1page at $2), and were even going to charge us $10 per night (for a month!) to use our own cot!!! Which we refused to accept as it was our own linen. Asking for a highchair which was apparently complimentry was a huge drag for the manager on duty, when I called back after 4hours of waiting, she simply said "well I wrote it down on the maintence sheet"....hmmm. I had to carry my toddler downstairs and ask for it myself, after a few eye rolls she said she would call the maintence man to bring it to my room.
Twice the housekeeping staff knocked and came into our room when we had the DO NOT DISTURB on the door while our toddler was napping during the day, and again reception staff didnt seem phased or apologetic that this had occured. Once when we came home from shopping I found the door open to our room, the housekeepers bucket was left in there but she was no where to be seen. After 15 minutes she came back and had to knock on the door to get her things, she said she was vacuming down in another room. I asked why had she left our door open and bucket in our room, with the security key just sitting there, she just smiled and said sorry. And again reception staff did nothing to apologise for the security problem.
Their was no sound proofing on the windows, and considering you are next door to the airport was a bit odd. Housekeeping slam the doors all through the day. They dont give you soap, you have to use shower gel to wash your hands, apparently its because they are trying to save the environment, which is strange as we put our towels up every day on the hooks but they took them to wash everyday. They dont offer recycling in the bins. And the houseman was outside watering their concrete.
I truly think that only because this property is new that it has the occupancy, once it gets wear and tear like all hotels and people start reading these reviews they might have to actually pull their socks up about the terrible service and arrogance of the management. With the rates that they charge they are competing with hotels but not offering the service. Am sick of serviced apartments offering these ridiculous rates but no service or value!! And with no cleaning of your room on Sundays you are forced to leave your rubbish and dirty towels in the hall way, as their was no way the reception staff would come and get it or offer you clean towels.
Quest advertise that they look after long stay guests, but certainly dont action this. We got no incentive or discount on a month stay, no service and rude & uncaring staff. They all need to go to custumer care training, and learn to say hello to their guests, and perhaps the managers could bother to see how their long stay guests are going rather than ignoring us. Or even better, read most of these trip advisor reviews and be proactive in seeing that most of us have commented on the rude staff and lack of service and reply back to the guest.
Would not recommend Quest Mascot, and especially not for families, there are nicer and cheaper hotels close by.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed here for one night, I checked in quite late & was greeted at checkin with a lovely lady with a big welcome smile who was so good at her job. She was so helpful.

The room had a mini kitchen which surprised me, the bed was great, room was clean. The only change I would suggest is to review the ironing equipment as it was quite run down for business travellers to use, Why do these places buy $20.00 irons.. beats me..

If you bring a car keep in mind that there is limited parking.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

The management here is so cheap they leave the air conditioning off, so when you check in the room was like an oven. So by the time it finally cooled down, the 30+ degree temperature in the room had me extremely uncomfortable.
They say it is to help the environment, but that's a good excuse for being money grubbing. Other hotels manage it without a problem.
Also $20 for internet! (Cable - not even wifi) That's more than a Four Season!
It's unfortunate when owners are so desperate for a few pennies that they don't care how uncomfortable their guests are at check-in. No wonder they fully charged my credit card before I went to my room!
AVOID!