“Urgh.”

The Grove Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It was inedible. I had the chicken and potato curry puffs (ate 1 of 6 and then sent it back) and then roast chicken breast (not just the breast, managed a few mouthfuls), mashed potato (tasted like instant made in a dirty sock - worse than what I had on the plane) and ‘steamed’ vegetables (which were really greasy and gross). I didn’t even bother with breakfast because I didn’t trust them with a packet of cereal. I was so hungry after my nominal dinner I went to the convenience store next door and the only thing in walking distance not the airport. What a ripoff, $6 a piece for a magnum, cornetto and a bag of cheezles and was desperate enough to pay.

The Grove R, Owner at The Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear spiceg01,

It is most concerning to read your review of your disappointment with your recent stay. We take comments like these extremely serious at the hotel, and as such I have followed up on the issues you raised with our Director of Food & Beverage to address accordingly.

Since yuour last stay, further training by the relevant staff members hav been done; as well as an improvment in our food offering.

Rest assured this is certainly not indicative of the high levels of service to which we aspire, and I apologise for the lapse in our standards on this occasion.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service and delivery, and your feedback is truly valuable to allow us to review our quality of service and product.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I do hope you afford us the opportunity of creating a better impression by welcoming you back in the near future.

Guy Challis

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Grove Restaurant in the Stamford Sydney Airport hotel compliments the overall Stamford experience. The breakfast buffet is exceptional and the evening meals are also very good - making it perfect for travellers in and out of Sydney as you never have to leave the hotel.

For me, I like these type of airport hotels to be empathetic with weary travelers - you want everything to be perfect, without fuss, from polite and attentive staff. Good food in a quite atmosphere so you can eat then stroll off to bed ready to continue journey in the morning - after a hearty breakfast that is.

The Stamford Hotel provides this and the Grove Restaurant fits the bill nicely. Unassuming and elegant. AW (Tony) Scott

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

dinner has two choices. seafood buffet for $60 with a big choice of seafood and hot dishes plus sweets. the a la carte menu has good variety at a good price. asian indian and western.
breakfast was also good with a wide variety. dinner open till ten for the late arriver.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have eaten here many times for breakfast and some dinners as well. The quality and price are always good. Usually we are in Sydney for a family event and often members of our family join us here for a meal, or a breakfast after flying in from overseas. The staff are always pleasant and we have many good memories of the restaurant!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Beautiful Food, quick and polite service, clean, nice atmosphere, accommodating towards families.

Menu is expensive though.