“For the love of all things holy: NO!”

Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
UK
“For the love of all things holy: NO!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Do not go near this hotel. I knew I was landing late - about 10.30pm, so thought I had better stay overnight near the airport. So I went for what was the cheapest hotel I could find, saying to myself that all I wanted was a bed and a shower. What I should have said to myself was that all I wanted was a clean bed and a clean shower!

The room was pretty filthy - hadn't been decorated in decades I'd guess. The bedding was filthy enough that I slept fully clothed on the top of the duvet and the shower floor was, erm, tacky!

My suggestion for anyone in the same position is either make the trek late at night into the city or break a minor law and get locked up for the night: you'll have a better experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I was quite worried about staying here as I was staying with my son for one night and had read some of the reviews that werent quite good but was surprised. The staff were quite friendly and our room was very quiet. Heard no one else really. It is very basic and small but great for one night. Yes the bedding wasnt the best and there were alot of marks on the wall but it was good for one night. would like more pillows as I normally sleep with two and coffee making facilities in the room would be good. I would stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo
Reviewed December 19, 2013

5 am breakfast starts too late to be helpful. Customers noisy in corridors on mobiles. TV sound can be heard thru walls. Bunk beds noisy/squeaky. Cost is moderate but probably will not use hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Travelers also viewed these Mascot hotels
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Ibis Sydney Airport
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Meriton Serviced Apartments Mascot Central
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport

Been to Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport

Property: Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Address: 5 Ross Smith Ave, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020, Australia (Formerly Hotel Formule 1 Sydney Airport)
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Sydney > Botany Bay > Mascot
Bar / Lounge Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
Hotel Class:3 star — Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cancelon, Agoda, HostelWorld, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Formule 1 Sydney