“P.R your staff”

Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Mascot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hazelbrook NSW Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Chose this hotel as we had an early flight out in the morning. It was clean, check-in was quick and the hotel was value for money, of course, you do get what you pay for. The rooms were clean, minimal furniture, which was ok as we didn't unpack anyway. Sleep quality was a bit low as across from the hotel was a lot for the smaller regional airways and they were doing maintenance on a couple of the planes, but I think we were a bit hyped up to sleep well anyway. The bed was ok, I have slept in worse!. I found the pillows to be fine. I had read previous comments about them being thin. Airport pick-up service available from this hotel too. $6 pp, which even though we had to go to domestic (walk in 5 mins) it was raining, so worth every cent. Would consider staying here again if I had another early flight, but only if it left domestic. Not much around for meals, but I did notice that Breakfast was available at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a 6am flight out of the Sydney airport and decided that we wanted to stay close the night before. We chose the Formule 1 because we could walk to the airport and wouldn't have to rely on a cab to get us there on time. For the price and location, this is a good deal. The staff is professional and helpful; the rooms are small but clean. Our room had a standard double bed with a bunk on the top. I have no complaints whatsoever and the hotel serves its purpose. There are 3 restaurants within walking distance and the choice isn't great. They are a McDonalds, a KFC and a Crispy Crème. We got to the Sydney airport 90 minutes before our flight to check-in and found out that the airport doesn't open until 5am. There is a shuttle that runs from the hotel to the airport starting at 5am. I believe that there is a Rydges Hotel near the international terminal of the airport and a few other hotels near the Formule 1, but for a quick stay, the Formule 1 is a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Formule 1 at Mascot for 1 night as I had an appointment nearby. I think for a cheap, basic hotel it is fantastic! It is definitely a no frills hotel - no wall paintings, decorations, room service etc. There is literally just a bed, tv, bench and very small bathroom. It is totally fine for say a place to have a nap before a flight instead of having around the airport for hours. The main thing was that it was very clean and secure. Realistically what more do you need is your only there for a short time?

I read some of the other reviews on here about it and seriously, what do people expect at a price like that? Sure it's not the sort of place you would take your family for a 3 week holiday in Sydney, but for a cheap (very) basic room it is more than adequate. Just don't expect a 5 star hotel. I would define it as 1 step above a backpacker hostel. If you need comfort - pay double and stay at the Stamford or Quest lol

I would more than happily stay there again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo